• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand Vs Australia

C

C A Iversen

Here's New Zealand's 22.

We're looking a lot more reinforced now. Seeing the names McCaw, So'oialo, Smith, Hore, Woodcock, Sivivatu makes a big difference. Of course they haven't had much game-time lately, but I honestly reckon we're a much scarier team now. We still have the underdog tag though!

The full team is Mils Muliaina,Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Stephen Donald, Jimmy Cowan, Rodney So'oialo, Richie McCaw, Jerome Kaino, Isaac Ross, Brad Thorn, Neemia Tialata, Andrew Hore and Tony Woodcock. The reserves are Keven Mealamu, Owen Franks, Jason Eaton, Kieran Read, Piri Weepu, Luke McAlister and Joe Rokocoko.

Donald is going to need to produce his first good performance for the All Blacks for us to have a real hope. So, not much chance of a NZ win then. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 14 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here's New Zealand's 22.

We're looking a lot more reinforced now. Seeing the names McCaw, So'oialo, Smith, Hore, Woodcock, Sivivatu makes a big difference. Of course they haven't had much game-time lately, but I honestly reckon we're a much scarier team now. We still have the underdog tag though!

The full team is Mils Muliaina,Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Stephen Donald, Jimmy Cowan, Rodney So'oialo, Richie McCaw, Jerome Kaino, Isaac Ross, Brad Thorn, Neemia Tialata, Andrew Hore and Tony Woodcock. The reserves are Keven Mealamu, Owen Franks, Jason Eaton, Kieran Read, Piri Weepu, Luke McAlister and Joe Rokocoko.

Donald is going to need to produce his first good performance for the All Blacks for us to have a real hope. So, not much chance of a NZ win then. :([/b]

If you take out Muliaina, Rodney, McCaw and Woodcock how many caps do the rest of the team have collectivley?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jul 15 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 14 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's New Zealand's 22.

Donald is going to need to produce his first good performance for the All Blacks for us to have a real hope. So, not much chance of a NZ win then. :([/b]

If you take out Muliaina, Rodney, McCaw and Woodcock how many caps do the rest of the team have collectivley?
[/b][/quote]

Smith, Nonu, Sivivatu, Thorn and Hore from the starting line-up have all played a lot of tests now. Mealamu, Weepu and Rokocoko from the reserves all have been playing for some years now also. I can't be bothered adding up all the numbers, but I know they've all been about for a fair while.

Then you have Cowan, Kaino, Tialata, Eaton and McAlister who've played over 10 tests, so they are hardly green.

Add the four your talking about, that should be enough experience on the field now.

It does look like a decent side but, I dunno, theres something there that makes the Australians favourites for the game in my mind. I will bet any money the 1st arguement of the TriNats surrounds McCaw and his "antics" at the breakdown.

That said should be a terrific competition and will try to wake up early to see the game on Saturday.

New Zealand's main problem is they don't have a first five eight who can lead them around the park like Dan Carter. If we had Nick Evans even I doubt that we'd be getting slagged left, right and centre by the media.

Unfortunately, we're left with Stephen Donald.

:(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jul 15 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It does look like a decent side but, I dunno, theres something there that makes the Australians favourites for the game in my mind. I will bet any money the 1st arguement of the TriNats surrounds McCaw and his "antics" at the breakdown.

That said should be a terrific competition and will try to wake up early to see the game on Saturday.[/b]

"Antics", "cheating", "stealing the ball" "hands in the ruck" and every other vague comment in the world is said about McCaw. It's said so often that there must be a mountain of video evidence. Unfortunately I've yet to see real evidence of him on you tube or anywhere else.

In the unlikely event something is ever found it'll be one incident, just like every player in the loose forwards of every country. Let's start calling Palu or George Smith a cheat, because we can.

don't expect to see something special from McCaw,So'oialo and Sivivatu, it's a question of form not names especially on international level

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sebastian_Chabal @ Jul 15 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
don't expect to see something special from McCaw,So'oialo and Sivivatu, it's a question of form not names especially on international level[/b]

Players of that quality don't forget to play rugby, Lance Armstrong has been away from cycling for a long time and is pushing for 1st in the Tour de France. League's Brett Stewart was out for a long time and came back and scored a double in his first game back. I can't imagine Roger Federer forgetting how to play tennis if he had an injury.

These guys are experienced and will go well. I think they might even go better for the break. They've all played rugby in the last week and although it was club level, everyone was gunning to "tackle an all black". They'll be ready.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 14 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here's New Zealand's 22.

Both halfbacks are wrong. Donald is a nice player but cannot kick goals. Everytime I see Weepu, he impresses me, whereas Cowan/Ellis look average.

Cory Jane is boring. I'd have Rokocoko/ Wulf/ Tuitavake/ Masaga/ Waqaseduadua/ Smith ahead of him any day.

Whatever though, this New Zealand team would still beat everyone in the British Isles without trying too hard.

my prediction: tough to call, the all blacks will either step up and beat the wallabies by about 3-5 points as it's always been hard for the wallabies to win at eden park or the all blacks will get smashed by 25 points or something like that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jul 15 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
my prediction: tough to call, the all blacks will either step up and beat the wallabies by about 3-5 points as it's always been hard for the wallabies to win at eden park or the all blacks will get smashed by 25 points or something like that.[/b]

My heart says the All Blacks by 3-5pts. My head says Australia by 6-8pts.

I have to go with the Aussies for this one, they seem to have a more settled group of players who have had an ideal build up to this game while the All Blacks are still finding their feet.

Only ones that worry me are Rodney and Sivivatu, gonna be an interesting battle between Palu and Rodney.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jul 15 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 14 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's New Zealand's 22.

Both halfbacks are wrong. Donald is a nice player but cannot kick goals. Everytime I see Weepu, he impresses me, whereas Cowan/Ellis look average.

Cory Jane is boring. I'd have Rokocoko/ Wulf/ Tuitavake/ Masaga/ Waqaseduadua/ Smith ahead of him any day.

Whatever though, this New Zealand team would still beat everyone in the British Isles without trying too hard.
[/b][/quote]
Brutal to Cory Jane, he has been better then anyone expected, but yes, I would have chosen Rokocoko, Masaga and Gear over him to start. Waqaseduadua, lol I can't see him starting over Cory Jane. Rudi Wulf, is good but has injury and Tuitavake is no where near a tallented wing. Jane has all the technical skill, but maybe not the eletric pace that others have, however I think the selectors are looking firstly for a settled AB team with little risk of bad performances, despite Donald starting...

Seriously Nick Evens left at the worse time. He couldn't get an AB starting spot so he leaves, and right after Dan gets injured.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sebastian_Chabal @ Jul 15 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
don't expect to see something special from McCaw,So'oialo and Sivivatu, it's a question of form not names especially on international level[/b]

What's that saying again? Form comes and goes, but class never leaves. Well, I know it's something similar.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Jul 15 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's that saying again? Form comes and goes, but class never leaves. Well, I know it's something similar.[/b]

Close it's "The All Blacks can't keep relying on two or three players forever, and then ***** when those players get injured."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 15 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Jul 15 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's that saying again? Form comes and goes, but class never leaves. Well, I know it's something similar.[/b]

Close it's "The All Blacks can't keep relying on two or three players forever, and then ***** when those players get injured."

[/b][/quote]

Or is it that "Australia may have a good year, but New Zealand have had a good decade and century before that"? Maybe it's "Australia need a New Zealander to beat New Zealand"?

maybe it's "New Zealand are so good that they only lose 1 really important game every 4 years" :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jul 15 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
maybe it's "New Zealand are so good that they only lose 1 really important game every 4 years" :D[/b]

Yeah that'd be right, I guess it's too much to add onto being the best team of all time. Being the third or fourth best team of all time sits very well on a bigger country like Australias shoulders. What a legacy for our "big brothers".

Latest posts