• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] Ireland vs. New Zealand (05/11/2016)

Great half from Ireland. Doing everything right and nothing wrong. NZ still favourites but they'll have to go up about 5 gears in the second half.

2 worries for me.
1. Sexton seems to have ****le. We need him until at least 65. Carberry shouldn't be put in to early.

2. Hows our fitness. We are disciplined and playing like dogs at very high tempo we need to keep it up

What a 1st half from Ireland!!!

Outstanding match! All blacks WILL finally loose! At last!

Ireland is on the fire. Great performance. Excellent match. no words!

It's an 80 minute game and NZ have proven this numerous times, however looking good for Ireland and they definitely have NZ rattled, they aren't used to being in this position and have started infringing like crazy.

Well we have been utter pants in this game so far, and even if we were to come back and win it (which I don't think we will now) it would be debatable whether we would deserve to win based on what I have seen so far.

The question asked in another thread was "The All Blacks, are they 'That' good"?

Well, clearly not

Schmidt having a season's worth of tape and Hamsen not really having any on us is probably it to be honest.

In fairness I think Schmidt just has the rugby nous to do it even if he had no tape he knew the plan and is executing it.
In fact the only thing I can criticise Schmidt and the players for was that horrific version of Ireland's call before the game

This is the part when u get confident...

Hah, spoken from bitter experience. ABs had two very ordinary first halfs in the rugby championship, one vs Pumas and one vs Springboks. But both those teams then came out second half, changed tactics and got ripped apart. Plus they were only level, not far ahead. This is completely different and I'd say it's 60/40 for Ireland now. Schmidt knows how to hold possession and eat the clock. Plus their bench doesn't have a massive drop off.

If they hadn't been soft on the NZ try they would have been a near perfect half in terms of tactics and execution. Pride restored to the NH.

NZ look vulnerable from mauls, if they can get into the corner that could be the difference that keeps them ahead.

Reckon these Irish lads did their homework. If you don't have the ball you can't score!

Well we have been utter pants in this game so far, and even if we were to come back and win it (which I don't think we will now) it would be debatable whether we would deserve to win based on what I have seen so far.

The question asked in another thread was "The All Blacks, are they 'That' good"?

Well, clearly not

Here's my reply to that thread

When you put away bad teams, you always look very impressive. The All Blacks will only really show what they are made of, when they come up against a team who can really match them.

I got kind of blasted for saying that.

Camera work by the Americans is **** and they seem to have decided that the score board should take up far more of the screen than it should. Clearly they are too used to NFL as we keep missing lineouts to watch replays of what led to the lineout...

Latest posts