• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] Scotland vs. Australia (12/11/2016)

Best performance I have seen from Scotland since the RWC - and at least this time they were beaten by Australia, not by the referee!
Mike

Just watched the highlights. Scotland looked very good, and the only reason the Aussies managed to edge it was a couple of poor tackles allowing Kuridrani to simply walk it in. Had there been more commitment from the defenders in question it could have been a different story. The same could be said for the earlier try. The scot 7 got right across but they just seemed to lose interest in making the hit. Again lack of defensive intensity. That being said some of the attacking play was very good. What I wouldn't give to have Hogg as the England fullback. And the new chap Jones looks pretty handy. Steady improvement form the scots was good to see, shame they threw the game away at the end.

Also good to see where the Aussies are at. Not to take anything away from Scotland, but if they play like like come the last game we should be able to put them to bed without too much trouble.

Just watched the highlights. Scotland looked very good, and the only reason the Aussies managed to edge it was a couple of poor tackles allowing Kuridrani to simply walk it in. Had there been more commitment from the defenders in question it could have been a different story. The same could be said for the earlier try. The scot 7 got right across but they just seemed to lose interest in making the hit. Again lack of defensive intensity. That being said some of the attacking play was very good. What I wouldn't give to have Hogg as the England fullback. And the new chap Jones looks pretty handy. Steady improvement form the scots was good to see, shame they threw the game away at the end.

Also good to see where the Aussies are at. Not to take anything away from Scotland, but if they play like like come the last game we should be able to put them to bed without too much trouble.

Ironically one of scotland's tries was a result of Kuridrani just not even bothering to attempt a proper tackle on our line - just terribly soft. More generally, the Wallabies just aren't much chop at the moment unfortunately - they push too many passes, have dreadful awareness in general play when things don't go according to plan and are generally not tactically very sophisticated. So I don't expect us to beat either Ireland or England at this stage - although hopefully the Wallabies v England test is a better contest than we saw in the Kangaroos v England League test yesterday (Kangaroos put on a clinic but I was almost going for England after the tough time they've had).