• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Oh crapping poo!

Yeah, but on the otherside of the coin a tackle bag gould stand up to him quite well.

And proberbly pass and catch better.

Never mind Bedford, how about the ***ans?? 10 tries to 2 in favour of the mighty Roth - did you go? Exhibition stuff at times.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Never mind Bedford, how about the ***ans?? 10 tries to 2 in favour of the mighty Roth - did you go? Exhibition stuff at times.

[/b]

No I just checked the result when I got in from Everton V Man City.....end to a perfect day that was.

I think the learning curve is proving pretty fecking steep and playing against full-timers means fitness is always going to be a problem. They earned this shot at Div1 so you can't begrudge them it. I just hope the start gaining from playing at the higher level. I can see it happening slowly.

We signed a few players but they all seem to have arrived at the last minute, it'll take a while for the squad to gel, hope the damage isn't irreparable by the time it does. You should have seem them last season though...they were superb 1 through to 15.

Ah well, glad you had a good afternoon...we'll keep the faith, good luck with the promotion push.

Yeah, but on the otherside of the coin a tackle bag gould stand up to him quite well.

And proberbly pass and catch better.
[/b]

Ha ha.....there's always hope I suppose.

SB

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Ah well, glad you had a good afternoon...we'll keep the faith, good luck with the promotion push.

SB
[/b][/quote]

Cheers mate, you have certainly done us a favour by beating the Pirates.

Cheers mate, you have certainly done us a favour by beating the Pirates.
[/b]

That was a hell of a day.

We might have enough to stay up but we need to be taking losing bonuses from games like Nottingham (got hammered) and winning games like London Welsh (got a losing bonus after a late rally, should have won the game).

It is a noticeable step up for us...last season we just turned up and drank and wondered when the 4th try would go in. This season the teams are a lot more professional. The standard is so high that even a second's loss of concentration is punished. Teams are a lot cuter too, a lot of slowing down the ruck, holding on, coming in from the side...teams seem to know exactly what they can get away with and we don't.

Anyway it's a tough lesson for the lads but they earnt this go at the big time so us 'loo fans just have to get behind them. I've a feeling you played us at a good time...this is not to say we'll be world beaters in a couple of months but I think we'll be at the stage where those tight wins at home and losing bonuses away are coming in. We might just do enough for another year up here.

If you get a chance to come over for the return game it's a pretty friendly old club.

Waterloo is definitely one of the away trips I've pencilled in for this year. So far I've been to Moseley and Coventry (one ground was very good, the other very poor; I've leave it to you to decide which was which!)

Glad you're enjoying life in National 1. It is shaping up to be the most open season in years, at both ends of the table. At the top I can see it going right down to the wire. Plymouth are traditionally good starters, but tend to falter when the going gets tough. Bedford can score points for fun, even without Varndell. Doncaster have got off to a fantastic start too (with a squad full of ex-Rotherham players I might add!) And then there's Leeds, CP....and of course the ***ans! We haven't really clicked as a team yet, so I still think there is more to come. Our forwards are arguably the best in the division, but we are perhaps a little one-dimensional at times.

Some big games this weekend - Exeter vs Plymouth, Doncaster vs Pirates, Bees vs ***ans.

As for you - to be honest, you didn't look good on Saturday, but the fact that you have already beaten the Pirates speaks volumes. SP already look to be the whipping boys, so you could be up against LW, Moseley and Newbury in the fight against the drop.

Some big games this weekend - Exeter vs Plymouth, Doncaster vs Pirates, Bees vs ***ans.

As for you - to be honest, you didn't look good on Saturday, but the fact that you have already beaten the Pirates speaks volumes. SP already look to be the whipping boys, so you could be up against LW, Moseley and Newbury in the fight against the drop.
[/b]

Us 'loo fans will have to take a que sera sera attitude...there's no point getting all frustrated when your players earn a promotion they perhaps aren't ready for. Having come back from the the brink I think the board have kept their feet on the ground so hopefully we'll be alright whatever happens at the end of the season.

Rotherham and Pirates/Plymouth are pretty well placed at the moment. If you can consolidate and stay there or thereabouts for the next few seasons I can see the RFU putting there arms around two clubs from those two locales. They were talking about expanding the premiership, I can't see them just sho-horning another east midlands team. I reckon they'd love to have really strong top level teams in Yorkshire and the south west. I know the Tykes used to make out the FRU didn't want them in the Prem but I can't see it myself, it's a shame our Roundhay/Headingley friends have floundered.

Anyway good luck to yers.

SB

Latest posts