• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Pacific Nations Cup] United States vs. Canada. 21/06/14

Scully coming off the back of a very strong season with Tigers and scored a hat-trick last weekend. Will try and watch this game.

What has happened to James Patterson. He seems to have disappeared off the USA radar

Here's the Eagles linep guys.....

1. Nick Wallace
2. Phil Thiel
3. Olive Kilifi
4. Samu Manoa
5. Hayden Smith
6. Todd Clever (C)
7. Scott LaValla
8. Danny Barrett
9. Mike Petri
10. Shalom Suniula
11. Brett Thompson
12. Thretton Palamo
13. Seamus Kelly
14. Blaine Scully
15. Chris Wyles

Men's Eagles | Reserves
16. Tom Coolican
17. Eric Fry
18. ***i Lamositele
19. Louis Stanfill
20. Kyle Sumsion
21. Folau Niua
22. Chad London
23. Luke Hume

Where's the "Fastest Man in World Rugby"?

Because I never get tired of hearing that phrase spoken by the commentators during the match.

Isles' rugby skills are rubbish. He's fast but nothing else. What about Ngwenya?

Where's the "Fastest Man in World Rugby"?

Because I never get tired of hearing that phrase spoken by the commentators during the match.

He's not good enough to get capped by the Eagles despite being signed by Glasgow. He's got speed and is a damn good 7's player but hasn't shown anything at 15's as far as I know.

Didn't realise this was on tonight! :D

Apparently live on the IRB site but I think it's crashed through high traffic, so I'm on a random streaming site.
Love how they were playing Van Halen in the background a minute ago.

Let's go Canada!

Apparently TSN2 is handling the start of this game due to boring Auto racing going extra long.

Ardron offside, chip shot Eagles penalty and they are up 3-0, well earned they put some good yet basic phases together.

We are playing awful right now, Mack off with a yellow, after a comical knock on he apparently impeded the Eagles player.....harsh yellow might have been a penalty. 6-0 Eagles.

Canada is lucky it's only 6-0 right now, I don't think I've seen a player do anything right at the moment other than barely hang on in the tackles and not allow an Eagles break.

Carpenter setting up and Eagles attack with a pathetic line out throw, luckily a penalty against the Eagles stops that attack.

Jones with a fly hack chase down the field, didn't get the right bounces but probably the first positive thing done all day. Mack getting another penalty on a scrum....having a shocker so far.

And Jones completely against the run of play scores a try!!! wow, after a ghastly first quarter it's 7-6 Canada.

Last edited:
Try time!

Canada taking an age to get into this game. USA look settled and Canada look rattled, but take the lead with the conversion on the try.

Try time!

Canada taking an age to get into this game. USA look settled and Canada look rattled.

Unbelievably flat first quarter, the heat possibly showing a toll, Eagles really failed to take advantage of how horrible we were a few penalties and knock on's ruined some chances they had.

Still find it strange that USA use Lavalla at 7. He's far too slow and cumbersome - he's a lock, at most a 6, it's clear to see.
Suppose it's the case of wanting to play all their best players at once. I'd go with Clever at 7, and preferably you'd want Manoa at 8.

Edit:
Potentially (waiting on TMO) a great try as Scully and Wyles link up.

Really good to see more and more players from these two sides recognisable to Euro rugby fans - shows the strengthening of tier 2 sides.

My god our tackling is touch rugby quality, pathetic stuff, good run by Clever earlier. Pritchard now missing a penalty kick. Now another attack ruined by a poor pass by Mack who has been utterly dreadful so far.

Christ almighty, great breaks by the Eagles but this is embarrasing for Canada, Braid way out of position, Pritch slowed down the runner but support players were unmarked by Canadians.

Latest posts