• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Canada vs. Namibia. 07/11/14

McRorie with another penalty conversion. I love that Scot.

Aaaaaaaaand Canada gives up another penalty which Nambia converts and score now 9-6. Need more discipline.

Canadian tight forwards in particular having a shaky start.

Yeah entire forward pack bar maybe the Locks are playing pretty poorly. It hasn't been that good from us, the first 10 minutes looked a bit promising but just way too many unforced errors. Namibia have matched our physicality.

9-6 now for Canada

Yeah entire forward pack bar maybe the Locks are playing pretty poorly. It hasn't been that good from us, the first 10 minutes looked a bit promising but just way too many unforced errors. Namibia have matched our physicality.

9-6 now for Canada

Canada have two players not all that tall for locks, giving away few inches to the giant Uanivi in the Namibian lineout. Referee also being slightly generous on occasions to some of the legality of Namibia's work at the breakdown.

Pretty dour half of rugby, some good physicality and goal kicking but that's about it. Atmosphere at the ground seems like a funeral.

Considering how we play with big 2nd half leads maybe this is where we want to be? :D

9-6 for Canada at the half.

Canada heads into HT with a 9-6 lead. I don't want to insult Namibia but even with the lineup we're using we should be up by more. Hopefully Namibia collapses harder in the 2nd Half than Canada probably will. The Namibians, specifically their forwards, don't look like they are in the best shape so maybe Canada has that advantage?

So far, this is more balanced than I expected but Canada should be able to win it easily in the second half.

It looked like a serious injury to Botha, really unlucky for Namibia to lose one of their best players.

That yellow to Kitshoff isn't going to help Namibia's cause. Nor the injury to Botha, (hopefully the stretcher is more precautionary than it is damage). In previous years I'd say that Canada would crack this game open around the 60th minute mark but the way we've played beyond that point in the last 18 months makes me skeptical that will happen.

Surpised how quiet Burger has been, Kotze has played well.

Usually I'm of the "take the points" school but wonder if that was a good time to go for the corner with the man advantage and Namibia in a litttle bit of disorganization.

12-6 for Canada.

Oh FFS another penalty quickly given up, a horrible clearance kick from Duke and luckily Kotze actually misses a kick that he usually makes.

Last edited:
Canada looking good to start the 2nd Half and McRorie kicking for points again. Annnnnnd kick is good, Canada leading 12-6. Canada definitely needed to do more with the man advantage though.

Kinda wish they'd send Carpenter in soon to maybe help sort out the lineouts.

Braid hasn't played that well, neither has Trainor. Hearn needs to see more ball. Hard to evaluate Wilson Ross he's doing OK considering he wasn't expected to start. Duke's done well bar that awful clearance kick, and DTH has had two good runs but isn't as reliable back there as Pritch is.

Braid was screaming for that ball. The forwards were greedy, better opponents will organise defence quicker and better.

Braid was screaming for that ball. The forwards were greedy, better opponents will organise defence quicker and better.

Agreed, Samoa and to a lesser degree Romania will be able close down their defence quicker than that, Canada still have some players that aren't in the side today to bring in, but we have no hope against Samoa and it will be touch and go vs. the Oaks unless things improve.

I'm dissapointed with the loose forwards at ruck time, raysrugby is describing it as Powder Puff on twitter which is probably appropriate.

Buekeboom and White in for Hotson and McRorie. I expected the Buekeboom sub(love his name) but White is a shock. Gordie was having a good game I thought. I guess it makes sense to avoid a potential McRorie injury with Samoa next week but our kicking game will surely suffer.

Carpenter in for Barkwill who found his groove in the 2nd half, and Aaron's first throw is poor. White trying a little too hard since he's come on, no need to try and make something happen out of nothing, Namibia aren't threatening in attack.

Uggghhh that's where Pritch and McRorie are missed, penalty missed by Braid.

Carpenter in for Barkwill who found his groove in the 2nd half, and Aaron's first throw is poor. White trying a little too hard since he's come on, no need to try and make something happen out of nothing, Namibia aren't threatening in attack.

Uggghhh that's where Pritch and McRorie are missed, penalty missed by Braid.

Should have been an easy penalty conversion as well. Hearn has kicked before so why didn't they give him a shot instead of Braid?