• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Canada vs. Namibia. 07/11/14

If DTH has issues with Fullback they could always move him into the centers and then give Ciaran Hearn a shot at it. I'm sure he'll do fine though. It is a shame that Evans is hurt a lot now because he's a talented Fullback and could be a key contributor for years to come.

I'm going to assume Paris may have a knock or they want to give Duke another game to show what he can do. Hassler has one wing locked down so it can't hurt to see what competition there is for the other. Despite Paris playing pro I don't think he quite has it locked down, though he's definitely the front runner right now.

I still think they should have given Thorpe's spot on the tour roster to Olmstead but what's done is done. I'm not displeased with Carpenter reserving Back Row this game. Sure we'd be better off with him starting at Hooker but Hamilton and Barkwill(though I'd rather he not) still need game time. I doubt Carpenter will see the field anyways so he should be fresh and ready for Samoa where we'll really need him. Speaking of Back Row, is there any news on Ardron and if he can go next week? If Ardron is healthy I'd be more than okay with them just using a combination of Ardron, Moonlight, Dala and Gilmour. If Cudmore is playing they could move Sinclair to Back Row as well. Though I'd really really really like to see Cudmore and Sinclair paired up.

All things considered this is a strong line up and should see us home to victory. Like the look of the backline especially.

Rugby Canada tweeting that they have set up a live stream for a match.

All things considered this is a strong line up and should see us home to victory. Like the look of the backline especially.
It is a essentially a 7's backline. Hassler's not that far removed from his 7's days and DTH played some 7's also. So you know that they are going willing to chance their arm. If it comes off it could be pretty entertaining, if it doesn't it could be shambolic!! Forcast is for 13 degrees and rain. Hopefully that is to cold and wet for the Namibians

It's a shame that there is no coverage for this match, i would have liked to see how Hassler goes as he's been exceptional for the Ospreys this year. Wouldn't mind in the Welsh setup if i'm honest!

It is a essentially a 7's backline. Hassler's not that far removed from his 7's days and DTH played some 7's also. So you know that they are going willing to chance their arm. If it comes off it could be pretty entertaining, if it doesn't it could be shambolic!! Forcast is for 13 degrees and rain. Hopefully that is to cold and wet for the Namibians
That sounds bad enough for someone from Cape Town, for the Windhoekers it'll be alien.

Rugby canada has organized a live stream for the match.
I assume the link would be posted on their website?

https://twitter.com/RugbyCanada/status/530790660404965376

Apparently Hassler is out now and Wilson-Ross is getting the start. So Wilson-Ross getting his first International cap with Canada which I'm happy about. Still would be nice to have Hassler out there. I'm sure Duke and JWR will do fine. Carpenter moves to 16 bumping Hamilton. And Blevins takes the 20 jersey which means we're without a back row sub. I guess they could send Buekeboom in at Lock and push Sinclair back if needed but it still sucks to not have an extra forward reserve.

Here's the stream for the game by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz5EV7IFP-Y

It's working so far but they are just showing the teams run out in one location so not the best test of quality.

Whats with the shooting

Yeah that was stupid and loud. Is the injured Namibian at #15? If so that's Botha who is by far their best back.

Dosen't seem like much of a crowd. The one stand on the far side is completely empty, my guess is there is certainly less than 2,000 there if that's the case.

Edit: Also kudos to Bryan Kelly for getting this stream going and filling in at commentary.

Edit Edit: Dala having a bit of a shocker right now.....and as soon as I post that he makes a great offload LOL.

Last edited:
I've been fairly impressed by Canada. There's definitely some mental mistakes they need to work out but the team looks pretty decent, though it's only Namibia. Gordie looking like he may be the kicking solution once Pritchard retires. The fireworks are kinda annoying.

What's the score lads, just turned on and it doesn't have it anywhere!

What's the score lads, just turned on and it doesn't have it anywhere!

6-0 Canada with McRorie kicking both penalties.

Edit: And as I say that Namibia cuts the lead to 6-3. We could definitely use some help from our backs.

Also Ciaran Hearn is known for his high hanging balls. I'm loving Brian Kelly ahaha.

Last edited:
6-3 for Canada.

Agreed on McRorie, Beerfalo, he's played well again. Pretty dissapointed with some of the handling here, and both are flankers are playing pretty poorly. The scrum is only managing to hold it's own right now. DTH looks a little out of position at FB(which he is)

6-3 for Canada.

Agreed on McRorie, Beerfalo, he's played well again. Pretty dissapointed with some of the handling here, and both are flankers are playing pretty poorly. The scrum is only managing to hold it's own right now. DTH looks a little out of position at FB(which he is)

Maybe they should switch Hearn to Fullback and DTH to 12 after half-time?

Latest posts