• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 1 (Glasgow, Leicester, Munster, Racing Metro)

Only watching the game now. **** I hate Glasgow more than any other Pro 12 team. Constantly trying to get at guys who are on their own like cowards. Between them and their constantly booing (booed an injured player) fans, I'm glad we beat them.

Last edited:
Believe me, the feeling is mutual. I can't stand Munster and the cynical spoiling way in which they play rugby. Added to that their whinging and play-acting players.
It's all very well having a moan about Murray being booed, and whilst I'm not going to defend that I will say that it's his earlier histrionics that brought the attention of the crowd.

A big blow for Glasgow and Townsend. No disrespect to the other sides in the pool but if this is Glasgows number one priority they should have qualified by now. I think I'll continue to underestimate Munster for the rest of the year but if they can pull out results like this they can compete for multiple ***les this year.

Hahahaha they even go into Murray after the whistle. I dunno what Munster you've been watching, but what's boring and cynical about a +84 points difference, and 15 tries?
attachment.php

And yeah Murray complaining about his standing leg being targeted on box kicks means he deserves to be booed when he goes down injured. Glasgow a very decent side, some great players, but my god Scotstoun constantly plays host to Boo: The Musical.

Believe me, the feeling is mutual. I can't stand Munster and the cynical spoiling way in which they play rugby. Added to that their whinging and play-acting players.
It's all very well having a moan about Murray being booed, and whilst I'm not going to defend that I will say that it's his earlier histrionics that brought the attention of the crowd.

Not to get too much in.
But Glasgow had worst discipline yesterday. Played dangerous game aiming at heels on a standing leg while kicking.
Booing a player who could've potentially had serious head injury (they didn't know at time).
Glasgow admitted after they targetted Murray and everyone agreeing it was borderline.
Can I ask how you came up with Munster were cynical. They were legal in almost everything they did?

As I said ask majority of rugby and you'll get this.
Glasgow play super brand but have been known to be let down by SOME of their supporters. I'vemet some Glasgow fans who say same and well say the rugby culture hasn't steeped in massively yet as the club is still expanding after being behind Edinburgh and Borders over years.
Munster are actually playing a very decent and smart brand of rugby. Yes it's defensive at times but very attractive in how they punch holes then go wide fast. But

Last edited:
http://www.the42.ie/munster-conor-murray-untoward-incident-review-3188018-Jan2017/

I have to admit, on first viewing it looks like he's fine.

The head knock happens early in the tackle, and he is clearly grasping and pulling at Swinson all the way down - if he was knocked out he wouldn't do that. [Do you have to get knocked out to get concussed? I'm under the impression you can be knocked out and not concussed - but cannot get concussed without getting knocked out. That correct?]

http://www.the42.ie/munster-conor-murray-untoward-incident-review-3188018-Jan2017/

I have to admit, on first viewing it looks like he's fine.

The head knock happens early in the tackle, and he is clearly grasping and pulling at Swinson all the way down - if he was knocked out he wouldn't do that. [Do you have to get knocked out to get concussed? I'm under the impression you can be knocked out and not concussed - but cannot get concussed without getting knocked out. That correct?]

I'm involved in Munster medical side and can guarantee 100% we will be ok. Only fact its being reviewed is because Conor took a bounce immediately after injury. We are big on concussion and player welfare. His injury was more neck than concussion. We stated that professionally and clearly to ref and also when he came off for HIA I was with him when he undertook independent test and he passed it easily. And nobody can really say it was gamesmanship as it was clear he took hit.
And was fully ok when returning. It's simply being made bigger deal because he took a bounce what like 30seconds after being hurt originally.

I have to laugh at the moral outrage of some of the Munster fans after the game against Glasgow. The sheer lack of self awareness is astounding.

Let's calm things down to a riot and cover a few points. Munster fans complaining about Murray being targeted yet Munster as a team, especially at Thormond Park, regularly target opposition players. Why the outrage when one of their players is given extra attention I don't quite understand.

A number of Glasgow fans booing some of the Munster players seems to be the main issue. Certain players were booed yes, such as Keith Earls (we'll cover that in a second) and Connor Murray, the latter because of some of his histrionics. The argument being that that is against the 'spirit of rugby' and yet the number of Munster fans screaming "OFF, OFF, OFF" like a gaggle of demented sea lions near me in the stadium the other night regarding Hogg's 'high tackle' is apparently well within what is deemed acceptable from fans. Who knew....!?

In all seriousness, if a little bit of booing upsets the Munster fans so much just how do they cope when they deal with some of the crowds when playing away in France (we won't take the recent away game to Racing into consideration given that was a farce from beginning to end)?

As for Keith Earls being booed. Here we have a player who back in October tackled Fraser Brown, lifting him well beyond the horizontal and dropping him on his head like an unwanted baby. Add to that his petulant and frankly disgusting behaviour afterwards when he was rightly shown a red card. Add to that that weeks later he was still behaving like a spoilt child in refusing to have the good grace to accept he was at fault and trying to lay the blame on Brown for somehow contriving to land on his head wrongly! The very fact that a number of Munster fans agreed with and supported Earls in this opinion leaves a lot to be desired.

But no, it's the Glasgow fans who are the antitheses of 'the spirit of rugby'

I am in no way suggesting that Glasgow are the perfect examples of gentlemanly behaviour on a rugby pitch at all time. Nor am I suggesting that there are no fans who sometimes take it too far. The fact that Munster fans however see fit to complain I find however beyond satire. A little introspection can be a good thing on occasion.

Last edited:
Would love to see Clermont slip up a little against Exe, Glasgow to beat Tigers and see this as a QF, the rivalry is mouth watering. There'd be 0 chance of both teams having 15 players by the end of the game!

I have to laugh at the moral outrage of some of the Munster fans after the game against Glasgow. The sheer lack of self awareness is astounding.

Let's calm things down to a riot and cover a few points. Munster fans complaining about Murray being targeted yet Munster as a team, especially at Thormond Park, regularly target opposition players. Why the outrage when one of their players is given extra attention I don't quite understand.

A number of Glasgow fans booing some of the Munster players seems to be the main issue. Certain players were booed yes, such as Keith Earls (we'll cover that in a second) and Connor Murray, the latter because of some of his histrionics. The argument being that that is against the 'spirit of rugby' and yet the number of Munster fans screaming "OFF, OFF, OFF" like a gaggle of demented sea lions near me in the stadium the other night regarding Hogg's 'high tackle' is apparently well within what is deemed acceptable from fans. Who knew....!?

In all seriousness, if a little bit of booing upsets the Munster fans so much just how do they cope when they deal with some of the crowds when playing away in France (we won't take the recent away game to Racing into consideration given that was a farce from beginning to end)?

As for Keith Earls being booed. Here we have a player who back in October tackled Fraser Brown, lifting him well beyond the horizontal and dropping him on his head like an unwanted baby. Add to that his petulant and frankly disgusting behaviour afterwards when he was rightly shown a red card. Add to that that weeks later he was still behaving like a spoilt child in refusing to have the good grace to accept he was at fault and trying to lay the blame on Brown for somehow contriving to land on his head wrongly! The very fact that a number of Munster fans agreed with and supported Earls in this opinion leaves a lot to be desired.

But no, it's the Glasgow fans who are the antitheses of 'the spirit of rugby'

I am in no way suggesting that Glasgow are the perfect examples of gentlemanly behaviour on a rugby pitch at all time. Nor am I suggesting that there are no fans who sometimes take it too far. The fact that Munster fans however see fit to complain I find however beyond satire. A little introspection can be a good thing on occasion.

On this.
Nobody went mad at Murray being targeted it was fact it was done dangerously. Going for ankles after a kick.

No issue booing Murray again it's more booing when he had a serious issue.
On Earls your misinformed. He apologised and admitted he was wrong. And was more upset at actions leaving field so not sure where you got he never showed remorse. Again no issue booing him. Don't think it was even mentioned.

So again not quite sure on what your saying. Booing wasn't issue just booing at a lad being down with serious issue. And I've been all over Europe to games and it's only time I've never seen a crowd clap that someones not seriously injured. Regardless of spirit of game

There's targeting and there's trying to break someones leg. What Glasgow were at with Murray shouldn't be just put down to another case of the dark arts.

The booing stuff is rubbish. Irish people in general are precious as **** when it comes to booing. Who cares if the crowd booed ffs?

There's targeting and there's trying to break someones leg. What Glasgow were at with Murray shouldn't be just put down to another case of the dark arts.

The booing stuff is rubbish. Irish people in general are precious as **** when it comes to booing. Who cares if the crowd booed ffs?

On back bit. I agree never heard any Munster guy give out about booing just more when a lad is down with a potential seriois injury. Thankfully it wasn't serious.

"I'm properly ****** off about that. I don't see any benefit in charging down someone's standing leg, I only see it as a danger or as a potential to get injured. I don't think it's a good tactic. They did it to us at Thomond Park, they got our scrum-half Te (Aihe Toma) with it in the league game and they almost got me a couple of times.

Luckily my leg came out of the ground and I managed to fall over, but if my leg stayed in the ground - especially in that (artificial) surface - you're looking at syndesmosis, you're looking at the cruciate (ligament). I'm not blaming the players. I don't know who told them to do it but it's very dangerous. Thankfully I didn't get injured. They're the only team I've come across that did it." - Conor Murray

Getting a bit precious now Conor! No citings came from it and if that's the first time in his career he's had his standing leg taken out he's lived a charmed existence. Let it go because you're only bringing more of this on yourself in the future. Risk of injury here, especially on a firm pitch, is much lower than he and Munster are making out. In one way its understandable that they're protecting their golden boy but they'd all probably have been better off forgetting it.

"I'm properly ****** off about that. I don't see any benefit in charging down someone's standing leg, I only see it as a danger or as a potential to get injured. I don't think it's a good tactic. They did it to us at Thomond Park, they got our scrum-half Te (Aihe Toma) with it in the league game and they almost got me a couple of times.

Luckily my leg came out of the ground and I managed to fall over, but if my leg stayed in the ground - especially in that (artificial) surface - you're looking at syndesmosis, you're looking at the cruciate (ligament). I'm not blaming the players. I don't know who told them to do it but it's very dangerous. Thankfully I didn't get injured. They're the only team I've come across that did it." - Conor Murray

Getting a bit precious now Conor! No citings came from it and if that's the first time in his career he's had his standing leg taken out he's lived a charmed existence. Let it go because you're only bringing more of this on yourself in the future. Risk of injury here, especially on a firm pitch, is much lower than he and Munster are making out. In one way its understandable that they're protecting their golden boy but they'd all probably have been better off forgetting it.

Your missing the picture my friend there is methods behind the madness even in pressers

If I'm an opponent of Munster, I'd play on the edge of the laws and make it my business to try rattle Conor Murray now. Given the amount he's speaking on Glasgow's tactics, it's obvious that teams can get into his head. He's still a smashing scrumhalf though.

If I'm an opponent of Munster, I'd play on the edge of the laws and make it my business to try rattle Conor Murray now. Given the amount he's speaking on Glasgow's tactics, it's obvious that teams can get into his head. He's still a smashing scrumhalf though.

He hardly looked rattled in the Glasgow game, ****** off when it happened but composed immediately after, in fact I can't recall a game he's ever been rattled. The guy always looks like he's not bothered.

Or took advantage of all the press and now refs will be watching more closer to antics like that. As has been said Murray wasn't rattled. This is a smart move as it is raises the anti on refs to protect. If you watched you'd see he wasn't rattled and stayed very composed.
But equally it is dangerous.

For us Saturday Earls looking very very doubtful that I'd nearly say he's out

Latest posts