• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby chief calls for euro re-think

Interesting...

The Aviva Premiershp certainly needs northern teams. Leeds are not looking like returning next season and Newcastle won´t be around any longer. They seem clueless, happy folk to have four strong London teams with Leicester and Northampton having strong sides and others making up the numbers not being what they once were. With Twickenham and Wembely being success stories of the Aviva Premiership while nothing is done in the north and soon Sale will be the most northern team!

Yep Thats Right! Castleford and Salford are strong too...:huh: But By the way ..¿are u brazilian? what the hell are u doing here? Rugby doesnt exist in brazil may I Wrong? :huh:

Yep Thats Right! Castleford and Salford are strong too...:huh: But By the way ..¿are u brazilian? what the hell are u doing here? Rugby doesnt exist in brazil may I Wrong? :huh:

MelhorTime is one of if not the most knowledgable posters on this site particularly WRT the 'smaller' teams and brings a frsher perspective to the table on most occasions.

Interesting...

The Aviva Premiershp certainly needs northern teams. Leeds are not looking like returning next season and Newcastle won´t be around any longer. They seem clueless, happy folk to have four strong London teams with Leicester and Northampton having strong sides and others making up the numbers not being what they once were. With Twickenham and Wembely being success stories of the Aviva Premiership while nothing is done in the north and soon Sale will be the most northern team!

I don't know what you're expecting?
The league is relegation unless they get rid of that which i hope they don't. If you're team is strong and winning it will stay up if it loses all its games and pays crap rugby then you'll go down (Newcastle/Leeds). The RFU isn't to blame here. Newcastle has been horribly managed for a while now and they've got to compete with Football no one can seriously expect them to become like Leicester.
They did try a 'big game' event for Sale v Leeds/Newcastle it was pretty successful but nothing compared to the London ones.
If they were to try Newcastle v Sale at St.James Park it would be a huge flop.
What ideas do you actually have?

Rugby exists in Brazil just as much as rugby league exists in Italy....

Not sure if trolling or an idiot...

:rolleyes: hehe well im sure u are just "trolling" to me but whatever...by the way
why the northampton saints owners doesnt expand yet their stadium? they are just trolling or they are just idiots? cause that hurts the aviva premiership soo much....saracens should follow the example of ST Helens Saints and bulid their own stadium... Gloucester and Northampton should hurry up too...:cool:

:rolleyes: hehe well im sure u are just "trolling" to me but whatever...by the way
why the northampton saints owners doesnt expand yet their stadium? they are just trolling or they are just idiots? cause that hurts the aviva premiership soo much....saracens should follow the example of ST Helens Saints and bulid their own stadium... Gloucester and Northampton should hurry up too...:cool:

Northampton town council have been rather obstructive on this score. A number of other clubs have run into similar problems. If Northampton could expand their stadium, they would.

You sir are a xenophobe

:cool: No sir! I just asked a question to the brazilian dude :D I didnt mean to hurt your feelings or something sorry if I did...:cool: but by the way I think The brazilians are much much better in volleyball than rugby! (Just kidding :))...

Northampton town council have been rather obstructive on this score. A number of other clubs have run into similar problems. If Northampton could expand their stadium, they would.

What about The Bath new stadium ... do u know something new about that? :)

By the way are u sure is not a financial issue?...

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by Feicarsinn!!!!! Is this his troll account?

Possibly... you never know with these Irish ;) (alternatively he may just have used his 'Super Moderator' powers to merge three trolling posts into a single 'Super trolling' post....)

Could you just post once instead of 3 times in a row? It just clogs the place up.

Rugby exists in Brazil just as much as rugby league exists in Italy....

Growing a lot here. I play in the CPI (Campeonato Paulista do Interior) which has gone from 14 teams in 2011 to 19 this year.

I don't know what you're expecting?
The league is relegation unless they get rid of that which i hope they don't. If you're team is strong and winning it will stay up if it loses all its games and pays crap rugby then you'll go down (Newcastle/Leeds). The RFU isn't to blame here. Newcastle has been horribly managed for a while now and they've got to compete with Football no one can seriously expect them to become like Leicester.
They did try a 'big game' event for Sale v Leeds/Newcastle it was pretty successful but nothing compared to the London ones.
If they were to try Newcastle v Sale at St.James Park it would be a huge flop.
What ideas do you actually have?

There are two separate issues - club and country. Neither are run they way they should be but the RFU´s concern is and ought it be country. It can do a number of things that it is not doing and never does.

- End Twickenham´s exclusive hosting rights for international matches. How England thinks i can host 2015 in places where test rugby never is played is beyond me. Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds should all host a decent test between now and 2015.

- Like France, Semi Finals should be spread and at neutral venues. A Saints or Sharks Semi final match at Anfield should be the idea.
- Forget about making all out profits and actually invest in the game. England, unlike many others, has the means to grow the game. If Scotland had more cash it would surely have a team based in the North and bring back Borders. Wales would have a team in the North if it could afford it. England makes tons of money from test rugby but keeps it in the coffers of Twickenham while clubs, (sure they are nto owned by the RFU) tend to get low crowds.

On the club front. Clearly its a worry that the Northern sides are weak and that the region is strong for league. Here is where the RFU should invest its energy and people. Find a way to have succesful teams like there are in league.

Latest posts