• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ranfurly Shield 2010

Should be a great match ... looking forward to seeing the "bruise brothers" (SBW & Fruean) in action again, Sam Whitelock at 6, and hopefully Colin Slade under pressure again ... how he performs under pressure is still a question mark for me.

A shame that there is no Flynn V Rutledge match up at hooker.

Got up to watch this match and got to say that it was a cracking game of rugby. Really impressed with both sides. SBW looked to try to much at times and you can see that he is under pressure to deliver everytime with the ball. The Canterbury 15 also had a touch of class about him. Southland pack was fantastic. Great game.

The Game lived up to the hype, it was a fantastic game, and the Southlanders should hold their heads high. It just shows you how much the Ranfurly Shield means to NZ rugby. Congratulations Canterbury

May as well lock the shield away for the next two years now!

The Game lived up to the hype, it was a fantastic game, and the Southlanders should hold their heads high. It just shows you how much the Ranfurly Shield means to NZ rugby. Congratulations Canterbury

Honourable post from a Cantabrian. Posts like this make me wish you guys all the best for your shield tenure! :)

Well done to Canterbury - they certainly deserved the win. I see that they have their first Shield defense this weekend against Counties - if they can win this match (and you would have to suspect they will on current form) they will have the Shield locked up until next year.

Latest posts