• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - France vs Ireland (11-02-2012, 20:00)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
6Nations.jpg

Stade de France (11/02/2012 - 20:00)

France.png
Versus Challenge.png
Ireland.png

[TABLE="class: grid, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]France[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Ireland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Maxime Médard[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Vincent Clerc[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Aurelien Rougerie[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wesley Fofana[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Julien Malzieu[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Francois Trinh-Duc[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dimitri Yachvili[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Imanol Harinordoquy[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Louis Picamoles[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Thierry Dusautoir[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Yoann Maestri[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pascal Papé[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Nicolas Mas[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dimitri Szarzewski[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jean-Baptiste Poux[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]William Servat[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Vincent Debaty[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lionel Nallet[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Julien Bonnaire[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mogan Parra[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lionel Beauxis[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Maxime Mermoz[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Grand Slam is gone so for this one I'd like to see something along these lines:

1. Healy
2. Best
3. Ross
4. Ryan
5. O'Connell
6. Ferris
7. Henry (Try it see if he works well)
8. Heaslip
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Earls
12. McFadden
13. Bowe/McFadden
14. Trimble
15. Kearney

All bar one possibly two of these will be available for the World Cup in 2015 so try it.

Ireland will look to come back from once again a controversial game against Wales. If they start playing at a high pace right off the bat they can knock France around a bit. France really does better when they can ease into the game (a lot like me).

Ireland will look to come back from once again a controversial game against Wales. If they start playing at a high pace right off the bat they can knock France around a bit. France really does better when they can ease into the game (a lot like me).

Ha tell me about it, nothing worse than having to take the catch from the kick off. No pressure all eyes on you and the opponets pack looking at making a big hit to start the match and prove a point :D

I like those odds no one reall thinks we will win so using logic concerning this team we shall win either that or play like **** for 60 minutes then play amazing last 20 coming back to within a whisker of France and have everyone talking about or potential.

On paper you'd say Ireland have no chance to win this one but as we know anything can happen, especially with France. Going to be a good game nonetheless

Put O'Malley in last time we put in an uncapped 13 in Paris it worked out alright.:D

France aren't that good or that much better than Ireland, and according to rugbyrama.fr they are going to drop Trinh-Duc for Lionel "Boot"xis which will help Ireland a lot

I agree with Big Ginger 8, O'Malley should be put in, I think he is the chosen one to be BOD's successor, not Earls, whilst McFadden should move to 12 where he is better instead of D'Arcy

If he does play are chances will have increased tenfold.

1) Healy
2) Best
3) Ross
4) Ryan
5) O'Connell
6) Ferris
7) O'Brien
8) Heaslip
9) Murray
10) Sexton
11) Trimble
12) McFadden
13) O'Malley
14) Bowe
15) Kearney

I don't think we need to change the team that much, we just have to sort out our defence and game plan. Lets start playing off 10 and 12 rather than just running off 9.

We might be forced to change our back row now that Ferris has been cited (which is a joke). If he does get a ban then surely O'Brien would move to 6 and maybe Henry or O'Mahony at 7....or maybe DK will just put Ryan at 6 and keep O'Brien at 7(probably more likely)

If Ferris is banned at all (which I agree would be harsh) then it's time to try and blood a fetcher. It seems to be key for top level rugby these days. SOB is not the answer there but understand a lack of option is forcing this.

Ireland are a decent team so I wouldn't write them off in Paris. It will be a good test to see where France really are under PSA.

France will win this. Ireland never travel well to Paris, our backs are firing on all cylinders and will only get better throughout the tournament (although Mèdard could make a bit more of an effort!), our line out will be back to normal with Harinordoguy back on and our scrum will be better with Poux instead of Attoub. All in all I think we will win comfortablyish :) .

Christ Tony Ward is an insufferable idiot. This is the team he thinks should play France;

1. Healy
2. Best
3. Ross
4. Ryan
5. O'Connell
6. Ferris
7, O'Brien
8. Heaslip
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Trimble
12. D'Arcy
13. Earls
14. Bowe
15. Kearney

bringing in Earls at 13 to go up against Rougerie is madness. Drop D'Arcy, put McFadden at 12 play Bowe at 13 and put Earls, D Kearney or Zebo on the wing.

Christ Tony Ward is an insufferable idiot. This is the team he thinks should play France;

1. Healy
2. Best
3. Ross
4. Ryan
5. O'Connell
6. Ferris
7, O'Brien
8. Heaslip
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Trimble
12. D'Arcy
13. Earls
14. Bowe
15. Kearney

bringing in Earls at 13 to go up against Rougerie is madness. Drop D'Arcy, put McFadden at 12 play Bowe at 13 and put Earls, D Kearney or Zebo on the wing.
I'm still not convinced by Bowe at 13. Even the Ospreys haven't played him there in a good long while. Part of me would like to put wee O'Malley in at 13, we've got nothing to lose after all.

Announced today:
Le XV de départ: Médard ; Clerc, Rougerie, Fofana, Malzieu ; (o) Trinh-Duc, (m) Yachvili ; Harinordoquy, Picamoles, Dusautoir ; Maestri, Papé ; Mas, Szarzewski, Poux.
Remplaçants: Servat, Debaty, Nallet, Bonnaire, Parra, Beauxis, Mermoz. 23e homme: Attoub

We're likely to get stuffed, but still, hope springs eternal.

I'd change:

Ryan for O'Callaghan.
McFadden for D'Arcy.
O'Malley for McFadden (or if thats a step too far move D'Arcy to 13).
Earls for Bowe.

I don't think you'll see O'Malley in the first XV anytime soon. The most you could hope for from Kidney is McFadden moving to 12 and Earls back to 13. And to be honest Im not sure if playing O'Malley against Rougerie on his test debut would be the best idea!

I don't think you'll see O'Malley in the first XV anytime soon. The most you could hope for from Kidney is McFadden moving to 12 and Earls back to 13. And to be honest Im not sure if playing O'Malley against Rougerie on his test debut would be the best idea!

O'Malley has played against Rougerie before and come off alright.

Announced today:
Le XV de départ: Médard ; Clerc, Rougerie, Fofana, Malzieu ; (o) Trinh-Duc, (m) Yachvili ; Harinordoquy, Picamoles, Dusautoir ; Maestri, Papé ; Mas, Szarzewski, Poux.
Remplaçants: Servat, Debaty, Nallet, Bonnaire, Parra, Beauxis, Mermoz. 23e homme: Attoub

France dodged a bullet there by not selecting "Boot"xis, I think PSA is making the right move to put Szarzewski in ahead of Servat as they are about on the same level but the younger Szarzewski seems more dynamic right now, never thought Harinordoquy was a great flanker not sure about that decision

I'm not sure playing D'Arcy and Earls against Rougerie would be the best idea

O'Malley has played against Rougerie before and come off alright.

McFadden has played against George North and Jonathan Davies before and come off alright but didn't look so good this weekend. And D'Arcy looks competent at club level as well. But IMO playing for a Leinster side full of confidence and an Irish side that isn't sure of its own game plan is completely different.

France dodged a bullet there by not selecting "Boot"xis, I think PSA is making the right move to put Szarzewski in ahead of Servat as they are about on the same level but the younger Szarzewski seems more dynamic right now, never thought Harinordoquy was a great flanker not sure about that decision

I'm not sure playing D'Arcy and Earls against Rougerie would be the best idea

Well i think it would be better then playing O'Malley on his debut and i can't see it happening

Latest posts