• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC3 Editor

Nice work Hendrik, and how difficult is it to put in Positions?
They way I've coded the app it's easy to add any edible details. The difficult part is with decoding the database in HEX and understanding what each value means.
I've managed to figure out where the positions are being stored. But it's not as straightforward as in previous versions due to the 7s mode being added.
I'm working on it as well. So hoping to add positions and faceID's in the near future.

At the moment the team line-ups are not feasible how the DB is structured. I doubt that will be possible to add.

I'm open to suggestions which are feasible, If you've managed to decode parts of the database please share as well and we can see to add it to the app.

one question how do you unlock a player for editing
If you want to edit a player in the game which is currently not edible. You have to use unlock star player and locked.
Only when both have been disabled can you edit the player.
At the moment I've disabled the functionality due to people overdoing it and this breaks the DB.

one question how do you unlock a player for editing
If you want to edit a player in the game which is currently not edible. You have to use unlock star player and locked.
At the moment I've disabled the functionality due to people overdoing it and this breaks the DB.
It is very difficult to read the DB because each program I use requires a password to open the file. I just realized there was a number association at the club team. Leinster is number 87
Yes that is easy to obtain.

this database is hell:mad:

What's causing everything to crash?
I mean in the Career modus after one season.
Too many player, 7300 is the limit?
Star player without team? or too many star player without team?
One star player in two teams?

Yes that is easy to obtain.
If i "open" one player and change the position in the game , then i "closed" the player again, does he crash too?

Once you activate the unlock option we will be able to unlock players and then lock them back up again when we are done editing to provide a more stable database?

If i "open" one player and change the position in the game , then i "closed" the player again, does he crash too?
My theory is that retaining the player's custom state does not make the game crash. However having lets say 7300 players could.
Therefore I promote rather replacing fake players with real ones than creating new players.
Ultimately you should be downloading all players from fanhub (cause they already have player likeness)
Then just use the editor to copy between two DB's while replacing fake players for new ones.
As many have seen even fanhub breaks the game by duplicating players.

Once you activate the unlock option we will be able to unlock players and then lock them back up again when we are done editing to provide a more stable database?
Yes you would. Given that you keep a sizeable DB, replace players instead of creating new.

UPDATE BETA 1.2:

Changelog:

• Player HeadID
  • Enabled locking and star-players fully (please re-lock player and if star add star back once done)
  • Primary positions for only sevens and fifteens game
Please note that the headID is in decimal, this allows you to copy any players from previous games. Ensure that the Star player attribute is also selected for head to work.

I'm working on adding secondary positions and the faceID, hairID and beardID. These are disabled due to debugging an error.

TAqWefu.png

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7ftq1qy8yl1am4l/RC3EditorBeta1.2.zip

Last edited:
Quick question. When making a player a dummy player, do I need to recheck the edit star button? Or can I leave it as a non star player once Dummied. Hope this question makes sense.

Quick question. When making a player a dummy player, do I need to recheck the edit star button? Or can I leave it as a non star player once Dummied. Hope this question makes sense.
Hi,

I would advise to leave it as non star player. Reason for this is, I'm busy working on update allowing filter to all non star players. This will make it much easier to identify players that is not licensed.
Best regards,

keep up the good work. Is it possible to do what you've done with the players to other parts of the database,like to be able to change collar type for kits, change number type without editing the pssg files, or to change shoe names.

keep up the good work. Is it possible to do what you've done with the players to other parts of the database,like to be able to change collar type for kits, change number type without editing the pssg files, or to change shoe names.
Hi again..

Very interesting question..
Do you know how they work in HEX editing etc? Perhaps you can pop me a pm with a short tutorial on if your in the HEX howto change for instance, collar types or number types.

If it is as "easy" as editing the player via HEX and there is a static structure this is very quick to do given i've build the app with such expansions in mind.

I don't know much of anything about hex editing at all but I am sure that dolf could help you out with that. I just remember working with the original Rugby Challenge where it was so easy to edit everything with the database your editor has gone a long way to make editing databases easy again

Can anyone perhaps share with me what you do to change the collars etc? Please, guys, this is some easy functionality we can build into the editor. PM me some details. I need a short tutorial. Or just post here.

Guys.. Can someone share some details on this please. I have the kits loaded in the editor, but when looking at the HEX, teams like France HOME and FIJI Home have the exact same kitID's.(pssg ID number.)
This makes no sense.
Also is the collar type only 2 bytes or 3 bytes?
Can anyone please give me proper answer. I can then wrap up the DB kit editing.

this is great.

helped me make richard kahui perfect (he's on the fanhub with his RC2 face).

However a possible bug? Maybe I haven't read every post to find fix but,

when I unlock Will Genia to change his boots, it reverts after I save the player in the game

this is great.

helped me make richard kahui perfect (he's on the fanhub with his RC2 face).

However a possible bug? Maybe I haven't read every post to find fix but,

when I unlock Will Genia to change his boots, it reverts after I save the player in the game
Hi. Great, I like bugs, shows we are using it.
So to follow:
You unlocked the star and locked ability of Genia?
You've saved in editor and when opening again he is back to normal self?
Can you pm me the exact process you followed and the results

Latest posts