• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 12: Stormers v Blues

Hows about we lend you's a decent 5/8, Stephen Brett needs some game time. :bleh!:

Blues by 1 :rolleyes:
[/b]

Fair enough. Considering we lent you Caleb Ralph, Kieren Ried, Mose Tuiali'i, Rua Tipoki etc.. It's about time we got some in return.

Nice come back! O.K. we will lend you Hamilton,Leo'o & Johnstone as well.
[/b]
Yeah... we don't really need your cast offs, we can grow our own talent just fine.

Oh, how could I forget Casey Laulala lol!

Well, Leo'o was born in Auckland, so it would be a nice return home :p
Didn't he also play for Bay of Plenty first? I can't remember.

Campbell Johnstone was from Hawkes Bay wasn't he? He'd struggle to get game time, given we have Woodcock and Taumoepeau :p

Hamilton Schmamilton. We don't want him. We want that Otago guy. I'm sure Otago were really gutted to see him go.

Oh, how could I forget Casey Laulala lol!

Well, Leo'o was born in Auckland, so it would be a nice return home :p
Didn't he also play for Bay of Plenty first? I can't remember.

Campbell Johnstone was from Hawkes Bay wasn't he? He'd struggle to get game time, given we have Woodcock and Taumoepeau :p

Hamilton Schmamilton. We don't want him. We want that Otago guy. I'm sure Otago were really gutted to see him go.
[/b]

I'd gladly accept Richie McCaw (I assume thats what you mean by that Otago guy)

And Campbell Johnstone's always welcome back in the Hawkes Bay... they need some props, all the young guns are being snapped by the Wellington Clubs now, preety much the entire NBHS First XV backline from last year is now in the Hurricanes Development squad.

blues will be on the warpath after last week and should win by 12+. stormers will put up a fight being at home but the blues all round class will come through for the win

STORMERS: 15 Conrad Jantjes, 14 Breyton Paulse, 13 Jean de Villiers, 12 De Wet Barry, 11 Brent Russell, 10 Peter Grant, 9 JP Joubert, 8 Justin Melck, 7 Schalk Burger, 6 Luke Watson ©, 5 Ross Skeate, 4 Gerrie Britz, 3 Brok Harris, 2 Tiaan Liebenberg, 1 Schalk Ferreira. Reserves: 16 Schalk Brits, 17 JD Moller, 18 Francois van der Merwe, 19 Joe van Niekerk, 20 Bolla Conradie, 21 Naas Olivier, 22 Corne Uys.

BLUES: 15 George Pisi, 14 Anthony Tuitavake, 13 Isaia Toeava, 12 Sam Tuitupou, 11 Joe Rokocoko, 10 David Holwell, 9 David Gibson; 8 Nick Williams, 7 Daniel Braid, 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Troy Flavell ©, 4 Ali Williams, 3 John Afoa, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Tony Woodcock. Reserves: 16 Derren Witcombe, 17 Nick White, 18 Greg Rawlinson, 19 Justin Collins, 20 Steve Devine, 21 Isa Nacewa, 22 Rudi Wulf.

Referee: Matt Goddard (Aus)

joe back in the starting lineup for the blues the stormers better look out as he is very hungry for action.

<div class='quotemain'>

I'd gladly accept Richie McCaw (I assume thats what you mean by that Otago guy)

[/b]

Yep, thats the one.

What happened to Howlett?
[/b][/quote]
Welcome to the mind of David Nucifora.

At least he's starting Mealamu, Rocokoko and Williams... a week too late but better late than never I guess... and Holwell at 10 I like... hopefully Pisi isn't too much of a liabilty.

HAHA, and the stormers keep their inconsistancy consisitent :p

I realise this is about 3 in the morning over in Australasia, but the Blues lost.

Stormers 33 - 20 Blues

Last year it was against the Crusaders just before the semis, this year agains the blues, just before the semis.

WP for life baby !

And that De villiers try !, he's just the King of the intercept, plain and simple.

Well done boys!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like their pattern is working LWLWLWLWLW!!!!!!!!
Oh no next week were going to lose against the Reds :cryy:

Oh no next week were going to lose against the Reds :cryy:
[/b]

Now this HAS to be where they draw the line :mellow:

they absolutely CANNOT lose to the Reds, at Newlands.
I mean I know they beat the cheetahs today but that was a home game, and on the form the reds have been on it really REALLY should be a win for the men from the cape.

If not then heads will roll, hopefully that silly coach of ours <_<

Flavell being sent to the bin was just wrong..

Stormers staunch defence at the end won them this game.. Some calls were just sad though.. Although, the Blues didn't capitalise on their many opportunities in the Stormers 22. I'm surprised they didn't give Toeava more ball outwide. Instead they kept it tight with the forwards.

Hopefully Toeava's chances of making the All Blacks isn't held back by these 2 losses by the Blues. He made some awesome plays. Although I'd like to see more of him on defence.

Nah, the inconsistent consistency will be turned around in the last 2 games- we`ll beat the Reds, and lose to the Guppies, uhm I mean the Sharks, setting up a home semi for the Sharks in the process. We`re used to doing favours for the other SA teams in the last round of course, and after what we did last year in round 13, methinks we owe them Sharks a bit of a favour...

Anyway, excellent defense by the Stormers in the 2nd half especially. Geez, where was that sort of desperation and commitment in the previous rounds? And as for the Blues- well I`m very happy that Nacewa was on the bench for this game. Very happy indeed. Geez, he made a helluva difference when he came on in the 2nd- much more cut and thrust to the backline.

Blues could miss a finals spot with still a game against the Bulls and hopefully the Force help out the Brumbies.

Hopefully Henry retires after the World Cup and coaches the Blues again... it seems we are cursed - we will only win the S12/14 if he is the one calling the shots.

Blues could miss a finals spot with still a game against the Bulls and hopefully the Force help out the Brumbies.
[/b]

Yeah, but the Chiefs and the Brumbies still have to ply the Crusaders. Hopefully the Crusaders do us a favour :D
Although I'm fairly confident we should beat the Force with Luke McAlister back.
If the Blues don't finish 2nd, they're stuffed. Cos they'd either travel from Christchurch to Sth. Africa, or the other way around, if they win their semi. They're making it all too tough for themselves.

hopefully the blues can rebound from these recent losses and get a home semi. hopefully the full strength team is picked in the next few matches.

Latest posts