• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: Argentina - South Africa (25/08/2012)

Estaba medio al pedo en el laburo.

Where i can see any player statics??? I remember Scrum.com used to have RWC players statics but I don´t found any about The Rugby Championship

Well, better than expected. Having Nicolás Sánchez start at 10 is risky, but I'm happy that Phelan will take a risk for once. The bench look good too, with both González Amorosino AND Imhoff (I expected to see one or the other, not both) and only one prop. Hopefully this way the Pumas can create some trouble and score a try at least.

I'm interested to see how Nicolás Sánchez goes at 10. I have seen basically nothing of him before - what sort of player is he? Is he a running 10, or does he sit a bit deeper and kick the ball a lot? It will also be interesting to see who takes over Argentina's goalkicking.

I'm predicting a slightly closer match than last weekend, with South Africa still winning by 10-15 points.

Sánchez is a very talented player, excelent pass, great vision of positional game. He likes dynamic play, so you are going to see him pivot, and throwing flat passes. I think he is capable of make their back line play very fluidly.
He got a really brilliant foot also, maybe not to strong for long goal kicking but very precise, so in territorial kicking too. Defensively, he got an effective tackle, and I think is one of his keys. My concern goes trough his size, cause he is not that heavy, and didn't reach 1,80 meters, he played last two Vodacom Cup, so is used to play against big southafricans guys.
Hopefully the context wont be a struggle and affect him, and we' ll see him play at his best.

Curious as to how many people are gonna show up for this game. Is there any way I can see how many tickets they've sold so far?

last minute prediction:

33-17

2 tries via forward power and 2 nice tries via backline.

Positive thinking wooo

Can tell the atmosphere will be like a football match already.

Well, I hope the Springboks play better than their anthem seems to imply.
Awful.

What an attack from Argentina, deffo deserved a try there.

What a brilliant piece of play that was! So far Argentina are a much better team in this match and the score shows it.

So far this is by a long shot the most interesting Championship test match I've seen yet.

Latest posts