• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Dynasty - online rugby manager game

Just signed up, I'm the Bangor Celtics (seeing as Bangor was the closest place to where I live whilst remaining in Wales), coached by Napolioni Sutherland. Any one else in the Angitia league?

Yep you me, LN7 osulli mi and sonnench at least are all in the same division.

You should just be able to click on the team you want to change jerseys. On some computers this seems to then cause a bit of a delay and register as if it is not responding but if you wait it should load.
Can you get the demos to load?

I can't load them. I only seem to be able to download if I try to load them I get "Error loading replay". I've waited after both and nothing happens.

I had a look at your highlights and all seemed good with the clash jersey loading correctly,
The only thing I can think of it that the clash jersey has not installed properly.
If you can find this directory or equivalent on your pc where you installed the viewer,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtual Sport Dynasty\Rugby Dynasty Viewer\graphical\textures\players\all team jerseys\low res
then inside this folder you should find all the jerseys.The clash jersey is 0.bmp. Is that there?
If not a fix (other than reinstalling the viewer and trying again) could be to copy one of the other jerseys and rename it
to 0.bmp.
Sorry about the issues you are having.

The file is there but when I click on the team I want to wear a change kit it says "cannot create the file away jersey1.bmp."

That's nice of you, you've been very helpful and your advice has made a lot of headway. I'm kind of giving it up for a lost cause because of my terrible computer skills.

I can't load them. I only seem to be able to download if I try to load them I get "Error loading replay". I've waited after both and nothing happens.

The file is there but when I click on the team I want to wear a change kit it says "cannot create the file away jersey1.bmp."

That's nice of you, you've been very helpful and your advice has made a lot of headway. I'm kind of giving it up for a lost cause because of my terrible computer skills.
Once I figure out how this game works you're all getting hammered

I defy anyone to come up with a better name than the Brest Hooters.

Theres nothing I can say that won't appear gay so I might as well go for it, My guys are going to smash your N.O.B's so hard their fathers will feel it

Hey Big Ginger,

Have you tried watching the demo matches that came with the viewer and if so, did they load? (there are no clashes in those matches)
What operating system are you using?

Anyone having issues with the viewer.......
Can you please reinstall it by right clicking on the install file and clicking 'Run as administrator'

Hey Big Ginger,

Have you tried watching the demo matches that came with the viewer and if so, did they load? (there are no clashes in those matches)
What operating system are you using?

Yeah I've tried watching them that's when I get the "error loading replay". I'm using Windows 7.

How did people get on in the first round? I had a disappointing one was at home yet lost 28-12. Seemed to have plenty of possession judging by the opposition's tackle count but lacked a cutting edge. Some strange contrasts in my team. The guys more suited for backs are all over a hundred kilos while my pack is very lightweight with a hooker weighing 97kg, a tighthead weighing 100kg, a second row who's 200cm (6'6") but 97 kg and a backrow with a 7 who's 87kg and an 8 who's 97kg. I do however have a beast of a 4. Dada Shepard from Swaziland 197cm and 130kg with a fitness rating of 82.

Yeah I've tried watching them that's when I get the "error loading replay". I'm using Windows 7.

How did people get on in the first round? I had a disappointing one was at home yet lost 28-12. Seemed to have plenty of possession judging by the opposition's tackle count but lacked a cutting edge. Some strange contrasts in my team. The guys more suited for backs are all over a hundred kilos while my pack is very lightweight with a hooker weighing 97kg, a tighthead weighing 100kg, a second row who's 200cm (6'6") but 97 kg and a backrow with a 7 who's 87kg and an 8 who's 97kg. I do however have a beast of a 4. Dada Shepard from Swaziland 197cm and 130kg with a fitness rating of 82.

Probably something we should have made clearer. Your team positions are random to begin with, and as you say are in some odd positions. This is so you are forced to manage them. Under squad selection you can click on a player on the left and then put him in any position on the right. Your team should show some big improvement if you do a couple of simple things like put your fastest guys at fullback and on the wings.

If you want to compare say the speed of all your players you can click on the word speed on the player card, you should then see each players speed rating appear next to him on the list.

Probably something we should have made clearer. Your team positions are random to begin with, and as you say are in some odd positions. This is so you are forced to manage them. Under squad selection you can click on a player on the left and then put him in any position on the right. Your team should show some big improvement if you do a couple of simple things like put your fastest guys at fullback and on the wings.

If you want to compare say the speed of all your players you can click on the word speed on the player card, you should then see each players speed rating appear next to him on the list.

Oh yeah I noticed that I put players in positions I thought suited their skills but for most of them their size doesn't suit the position. Which make the bigger difference physical attributes and size or their skill levels when picking positions? Also how does the lineout work? Is it just the secondrows who need to be able to jump?

At least for the backs the physical attributes speed and acceleration are very important. Tackling is pretty important to everyone. You can get a solid base of a team around these things and then look to key skills for that position once you have this solid base. For example rucking will be important for turnover ball, so you will want your loose forwards to be good at this (well the whole pack really) . You want a 9 with good passing etc.

For lineouts the players lineout jumping ability and his height are key. At the moment I think locks and loose forwards will contest the ball, though more commonly locks.

But like you have said your team will be an odd grouping of attributes at the moment. So you wan't be able to achieve the ideal balance yet but will have to work with what you have. To work toward an ideal balance you can train your players in areas importatnt to the position you want them to play. Also keep an eye out for free agents that better suit your needs.

Big Ginger have you tried right clicking on the installation and selecting 'Run as administrator'. This may fix the install. If not you may have to turn User Account Control off (UAC). These are the joys of releasing software for Windows these days. Was never a problem on trusty XP.

Praise be to God it's working!!!

EDIT: Now it's letting me watch the demos but not my matches.

Last edited:
Now it's fully working fully.

I think it was mainly the run as administrator. It involves a bit of a process but it's working.

Is there any skill that can be improved to stop a single player consistently getting turned over?

Last edited:
Now it's fully working fully.

I think it was mainly the run as administrator. It involves a bit of a process but it's working.

Is there any skill that can be improved to stop a single player consistently getting turned over?

Not really. If a player is isolated he will likely get turned. But improving the rucking ability of those around him will help the team keep possession provided they don't get to the ruck too late.

Thanks for answering my kind of stupid questions. I seem to have poor forwards but good backs.

Thanks for answering my kind of stupid questions. I seem to have poor forwards but good backs.

Happy to answer any questions. With regard to player isolation a player with good strength will be able to stand in tackles longer which buys his support more time to get to him.
Good backs at this early stage should go a long way to getting some wins on the board (tip: a fullback with good speed, acceleration and tackling will clean up a lot for your team).

Happy to answer any questions. With regard to player isolation a player with good strength will be able to stand in tackles longer which buys his support more time to get to him.
Good backs at this early stage should go a long way to getting some wins on the board (tip: a fullback with good speed, acceleration and tackling will clean up a lot for your team).

Yeah that might be a good idea I picked my fullback because he had a high ball rating of 87 but his speeds 55 acceleration 61 and tackling 64.

Latest posts