• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Dynasty - online rugby manager game

I only watched the highlights. I won 66-25. Your team seems to be putting together some good moves. The only
possible problem I saw was the fullback getting wrong footed by change of direction and sidesteps which means
he may need some attention.

I only watched the highlights. I won 66-25. Your team seems to be putting together some good moves. The only
possible problem I saw was the fullback getting wrong footed by change of direction and sidesteps which means
he may need some attention.

Unfortunately my fullback is my best tackler with a rating of 78 yet seems to get wrong footed with alarming regularity.

Unfortunately my fullback is my best tackler with a rating of 78 yet seems to get wrong footed with alarming regularity.

Thats a good tackle rating. Check his acceleration, it is very important as he is aways having to stop and start when dealing with attackers changing direction.
His tackle rating wont matter so much if he does not have the speed and acceleration to stay with the ball carrier and make the hit.

Thats a good tackle rating. Check his acceleration, it is very important as he is aways having to stop and start when dealing with attackers changing direction.
His tackle rating wont matter so much if he does not have the speed and acceleration to stay with the ball carrier and make the hit.

Acceleration is 87 and speed 63 seems to be the best available to me at the moment.

I've signed up and have my first game in 14 hours or so, I'm actually pretty excited to see how my team shapes up on the field after and if my meticulously adjusted tactics payoff.

I am also very interested in the technology behind the game engine. They degree of creativity in attack displayed by some of the teams is amazing. What tech does it run on, and who is responsible for the graphics, animation, AI etc?

I've signed up and have my first game in 14 hours or so, I'm actually pretty excited to see how my team shapes up on the field after and if my meticulously adjusted tactics payoff.

I am also very interested in the technology behind the game engine. They degree of creativity in attack displayed by some of the teams is amazing. What tech does it run on, and who is responsible for the graphics, animation, AI etc?

The graphics/animation were made by ceejay and I made the AI engine. Though there has been plenty of overlap in our roles.

I third party made the website, roughly to our specification.

The AI Engine was coded from the ground up and basically exists now as an engine for any pass and tackle based sport. It’s cool that you have noticed the quality of some of the play. Our basic philosophy has been to keep the graphics down in favour of AI.

Of course you will see some dumb things too. Most of this is down to the fact that we want to mimic the dumb things humans do. But there are also many improvements to be made to.

In time we hope to make this playable. The idea being it would provide a real challenge that represents Rugby well and is not exploitable as many sports games are.

Good luck for your game tonight. Hope you made all your team and strategy changes before the deadline.

A playable AI focused Rugby game, I am leaking several bodily fluids right now!

Kickstarter??? Seems all the cool kids are doing it these days.

A playable AI focused Rugby game, I am leaking several bodily fluids right now!

Kickstarter??? Seems all the cool kids are doing it these days.

That's pretty much how excited we get about an AI focused Rugby game too.
Kickstarter does seem like a good way to go for a project like this.

First game in charge of the Melbourne Warlocks was a win, 34-26!!! We were 12-0 up after 4 minutes after taking advantage for some early errors from the opposition. and never lost the lead. Only converted 2 of the six tries scored though, so goal kicking may become an issue in tighter matches.

I got home from work and watched the entire match, bloody compelling viewing, even though I new the result. Next time I will watch the match with knowing the result for the added anxiety. :)

This is some good stuff you blokes have created here, I really an astounded only two people developed something of such quality.

Well done on the wins guys! Any try of the week candidates?

Kage, your game sounds like game of the week material, early action and a close score! Thanks for the feedback.

I had a big win myself....67-12

7-5 win with try and conversion in 76th minute. Awesome

Got one that may be a contender with Robert Miller I think.

Big win for me, 54-17. Just played a ranked game against next weeks opponent and lost a close one. Will have to come up with a cunning strategy I think.

I prefer to watch the game not knowing the score. I find it more exciting to watch. But its more of a let down when I lose. But thats Sport I guess!

I've got an ok couple of tries from a ranked match I played yesterday, all from the same player. My right winger bagged a hat-trick, with 2 tries in 3 minutes. I've slapped them up on youtube for viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iswOVRNnn5A&feature=plcp

The colour saturation in the first video is buggered because youtube though the "lighting was too dim".

Liked the one with the bad color best. Slipped a tackle.....fend......missed tackle.......step.........gone!

Latest posts