• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Dynasty - online rugby manager game

Yeah, he was unstoppable on that run! It's funny, in my first game (league) the left winger scored 4 tries and dominated in attack, and in my second game (ranked) my right winger scored 3 tries and was a handful for the defence all game!

As a side note, I've noticed players don't make much of an effort to score nearer towards the sticks, even in runaway tries where no defenders are within earshot. As I said a lot of my tries are scored by the wingers out wide, and my kicker is having some difficultly converting (his stat is 75, so not too shabby). Is this something that can be addressed in future updates? Also, do you guys have a to-do list of features to tweak or implement?

Yes, we do have a to do list. Any things you guys can add to that will be much appreciated.

With specific regard to scoring under the posts. i would like to improve this.

We did have some issues with guys butchering tries by trying to get too close and decided being conservative was the lesser of two evils. Think we can do better though!

I've been wondering how much of a difference does leadership make?

We did have some issues with guys butchering tries by trying to get too close and decided being conservative was the lesser of two evils.

Yeah I though something like that might be the problem, you've definitely picked the right option there.

As for other suggestions, off the top of my head it isn't always obvious why play is stopped for a scrum or penalty. Knock-on and hands in the ruck appear up the top of the screen when advantage is being played, but I have to assume some other types of penalty(s) are occurring, along with forward passes, when play is stopped. Maybe just have something pop up on-screen explaining the infringement?

Yeah I though something like that might be the problem, you've definitely picked the right option there.

As for other suggestions, off the top of my head it isn't always obvious why play is stopped for a scrum or penalty. Knock-on and hands in the ruck appear up the top of the screen when advantage is being played, but I have to assume some other types of penalty(s) are occurring, along with forward passes, when play is stopped. Maybe just have something pop up on-screen explaining the infringement?

Thanks for those other ideas. Things like making stoppages more obvious will require a viewer update. Will wait a while before doing this so that such an update can include other improvements.
The try scoring thing is an AI issue which is easier to update (though not necesarily fix!). I have made a couple of tweaks to this and you should notice some small improvement for this weekends games. Baby steps on this one, to avoid crossing the try butchering threshold.

I've been wondering how much of a difference does leadership make?

I would say it is a small difference, but enough to maybe get you across the line in a close game.
Basically if your captain has good leadership then the players in your team will get small boosts to some of their attributes. Physical attributes such as speed are currently excluded from such boosts. We are assuming that no matter how much your captain inspires you he can't make you run faster...but can for example make you less likely to drop the ball.

Keep your eyes open for a Keith Wood.

I would assume discipline was one of the stats mostly affected by leadership.

Maybe fitness should be given a boost I've often beeb inspired to go for that bit longer by good leaders.

Maybe fitness should be given a boost I've often beeb inspired to go for that bit longer by good leaders.

Good idea. I will make it so that is the case. At the momment fitness has quite a small effect. This is because we didn't want someone running out of gas on a runaway. Such an implementation of fitness has been poorly done in some sports games. We will keep tweaking the balance untill it is just right.

Yeah fitness would be hard to balance without active interchanges. My thoughts (for rugby games in general) are that two stats, fitness(or stamina) and conditioning, should be used as factors to determine the amount fatigue affects a players abilities and performance during the match. Fitness is a players overall endurance, and conditioning is how quickly a player recovers their energy. Fatigue should come into effect mainly towards the end of each half, modified by a players fitness rating and workload (fullbacks wouldn't necessarily become fatigued in a match where they are not involved heavily).

Fatigue could negatively affect all players physical attributes, as well as some skills, such as tackling, handling, finesse, awareness etc. Although I don't think you have implemented them yet, a fatigued player could be more likely to perform a dangerous/high tackle.

How did you guys go with this weekends matches?

I had a 64-0 Victory and am number 1 on the table in Vesta league.

gah, just lost by three points to Sonnench in what looks like a thrilling encounter (28-25), I'll download later to see if it's any actually good.

Won 49-0 to move into 3rd place on the ladder! Made 1 significant positional change this week, shifted one of my second rowers into fullback. Previous fullback was an excellent tackler and under the high ball, back lacked any real pace or attacking ability. Second rower is good scrimmager, as well as being very quick. He scored 3 tries, was everywhere in attack, and was awarded man of the match!!! I think I made the right choice there. :)

I won 65-0 (despite both wingers going off by 20 minutes) wish I'd got another two points.

Last edited:
Just to let you guys know, there is now a file submission feature under your Account menu on the website. You can submit any replays for try of the week there (or for any other reason!).

Is it possible designated subs could come in soon? Annoying when a player you'd consider a hooker comes on center.

Latest posts