• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

I would give you a handshake Hb. I like the 08 feel to it. Wow Easter just made a Super run. Pass to Tindal thens gets driven into the ground. This is awesome

If any of the HB guys are looking please for the love of god look at in your in game cinematic that go through transitions, you spend more time look at rugby players necks then their faces it's just stupid.

Regarding Ruck Intensity on Easy it is much easier to turn the ball over at the break down when getting in the 90% range. Also the demo is South Africa V England so they are both quality teams with good rucking players. On the harder difficulties you will find it much more of a challenge to turn the ball over and using weaker teams it is incredibly difficulty and generally requires more presses to fill the gauge.

I understand that for the defensive side, but i was asking about keeping the ball on attack:)

So at a glance Oly would you say it's been positive feedback mostly? Negative? Or mixed ... Can't be assed reading 10 pages of rants lol.

Is this demo only from download? Not like any old school magazine inserts or anything?

Cheers in advance

Also switch around your replays. No one cares on how the ball gets grounded EVERYONE wants to see the play that made the try, why hide that for the last slide?

So at a glance Oly would you say it's been positive feedback mostly? Negative? Or mixed ... Can't be assed reading 10 pages of rants lol.

Is this demo only from download? Not like any old school magazine inserts or anything?

Cheers in advance
Mixed - probably around 50/50 good/bad
Demo is only for download, I believe

think the demo is OK but don't like that you only get to play the first half.
graphics better than i thought but its too similar to rugby 08 for me. still will get the game though along with Rugby Challenge

Yes demo is just download - though its possible that it will show up on a magazine or in a kiosk at some point down the track, it is designed to support that so we shall see.

Right some other thoughts now.

Had a weird glitch off the back off the scrum picking up with Easter, made a break but Youngs over ran me and ran straight into in goal area. Weird.

Passing im sorry to say isn't a touch on 08. Something has gone horribly wrong. Balls are hanging in the air for far too long and im finding that it completely destroys overlaps, you'll get a 2 on 1 and draw the man but because the ball hangs in the air so long the defender has already turned around and tackled the support player.

I think the demo is great, would like to play a full game but it's better than nothing and I'm having a really enjoyable experience playing it. Although I think I've lost every scrum that I've been putting the ball into :lol:.

The most annoying thing with this game.......

Only having 5 minute halves and side cam. What great fun!!! I can see the simularities between this and 08, but is that a bad thing!! NO!!!
Players have a more "weighty" feel to them, and they control totally different to previous games. Wish the replays would show more likenesses, i'm liking the more "cartoony" look to likenesses tho! Glad i pre ordered.

Haters will continue to hate, but overall most certainly positive :D

wow! rugby 08 in next-gen! one moment.....where are six nations, tri nations, premiership and super 14??

After quite a few matches, I have to say this game is an improvement on Rugby 08 and a step forward in the series. After the first couple of games it felt like 08 with a new layer of paint on the top however more playing has brought some of the fun out of it and has showed some of the small changes. The running play is a bit better but the players still bunch up during quick play. The lineouts, scrums and mauls are no different but the new rucks are a nice feature, if a bit easy right now. The game is a lot more challenging as the difficulty has been increased, however I'm starting to find gaps in the same spots over and over again (for instance when playing from a ruck as England, a huge gap develops outside Flood's running line if he gets the ball). The skill moves look similar to the old ones but not as clunky and are easier to perform.

It's a lot of fun but I'll still wait for full reviews before making my final decision on RWC/RC, I don't think that this game will have the longetivity of RC with no clubs or tournaments outside of tours/WC.

Has anyone worked out which direction to do the right analogue stick for sidestep/fend/charge?
I would've thought left/right = sidestep, up=charge, down=fend but that's not it, and the controls just point to the stick and list the things, rather than say how to do them

is there a way to dummy does anyone know???Please
I think they said in a previous thread that you hold left trigger and then press pass
Never tried it myself though so not 100%!

Last edited:

Latest posts