• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

MS and Sony would've likely had the demo before it was announced as it has to go through a few different stages to make sure everything is ok with the demo etc.

Also TVH I tried going across but nout happened will give it a go later on :) how do you change commentry too? when I load it, it goes straight to the menu xD

Just booting up the demo here myself (on vacation I am) you can take a look at the controls for the game in the pause menu under controls if you need to know the different controls for the different scenarios.

Also regarding the kits the England kit is the 2007 kit in the demo and South Africa's is the 2011 Kit. In the full retail version there will be a code that allows you to unlock all of the new kits. Try to fill you guys in on that part in a couple of weeks.

As TrueSlawter said, this will have been handed across to Microsoft/Sony long before the kits were released yesterday...
I mean, the demo was announced on 20th July, so you'd have to expect that Microsoft/Sony would've had it before then, to work out when to release it

Well that's the official response given to it.

im just trying to make the point that its not good enough, and not fair on consumers that developers can repackage old games and just treat the gaming community like idiots and expect them to lap it up like its the greatest thing since sliced bread. i understand that my negative comments may not be popular but i thing that it has to be said that this game is behind the times

Oh yes indeed sir, you are most assuredly right! I mean if you weren't making these particular criticisms, then I don't for the life of me know who would!

You've set the world to rights, now if it is indeed true that you dislike this product so, then it's best you deny it your attentions from this moment hence. You'll only publicise it!!!! :eek:

developers can repackage old games and just treat the gaming community like idiots and expect them to lap it up like its the greatest thing since sliced bread

Call of Duty.

Also TVH I tried going across but nout happened will give it a go later on :) how do you change commentry too? when I load it, it goes straight to the menu xD
Keep an eye on it when it's loading up - I thought the same, but it comes up with a union jack with MH/SBs names underneath and you press left/right to go through the options, if you leave it or skip through the stuff it loads with MH/SB automatically
It's before the 505/HB logos (I think?)

The funny thing is that Harrison and Barnes are 1000 times better then Clark and Fitz in this game. It seems to flow better.

re-assurance

can somebody please tell me that this game is going to be harder haha cause i keep winning 42-0 even with england haha

Game is definatly not as good as it was talked up to be in reviews and such.

But in saying that it definatly is alot of fun, ive been playing for 3 hours straight lol, i dont have the luxury of playing against a challenging opponent so ive been forced to play on easy where i think the AI is terrible on defence but okay on attack. The game is quite fast and does flow rather well, the only problem i have with the demo is the inabilty to change camera angles and possibly the difficulty. Having not knowning the Rugby Challenge release date i definatly think i will end up buying this game but mainly to fill the gap till it is released.. :D

But all in all i do think it is a reasonable demo and there aint much wrong with the game, definatley think it will be a fun game to play with a controlled opposition...

PS. I will be uploading a video of the gameplay tomorrow so stay tuned on my youtube channel at www.youtube.com/aBcGamingNZ :D

It's set to the easiest it can be, it definitely is harder in the full game

Call of Duty.

I completely agree with you, call of duty has lost my support, i am a battlefield man, however off topic it may be :D

And Iversen, im not sure if you're trying to mock me, but im just expressing my irritation at the lack of progress, and if you disagree with me or my opinions thats fine, i would just rather that you said it, rather that throwing round large amounts of sarcasm. however what i am talking about is different to saying that i dont like it, for example, call of duty has not advanced, but it is still entertaining to play, i do like playing it, i just dont like paying for the same thing over and over again.

I just fouled up a try with Hape. Breaking 2 tackles crossing the goalline and then swan dived over the dead ball line<_<

Has anyone been able to do a successful hand-off? Will not happen for me at all

im just trying to make the point that its not good enough, and not fair on consumers that developers can repackage old games and just treat the gaming community like idiots and expect them to lap it up like its the greatest thing since sliced bread. i understand that my negative comments may not be popular but i thing that it has to be said that this game is behind the times

Agreed

I completely agree with you, call of duty has lost my support, i am a battlefield man, however off topic it may be :D

And Iversen, im not sure if you're trying to mock me, but im just expressing my irritation at the lack of progress, and if you disagree with me or my opinions thats fine, i would just rather that you said it, rather that throwing round large amounts of sarcasm. however what i am talking about is different to saying that i dont like it, for example, call of duty has not advanced, but it is still entertaining to play, i do like playing it, i just dont like paying for the same thing over and over again.

Well then I guess you won't be buying it then Sir. No problem at all, still, I am rather unsure why you feel the need to spend any more time focusing on it. You do appear to have made your decision. Perhaps time to move on and enjoy whatever product you do like, perhaps? :D

Focusing on options you have closed the door on as being unsuitable, does seem rather a wasted effort? :lol:

Just whent to a mate to play the demo. And I was pretty ashamed lol that that was a rugby game, a so called new game. No mayor improvements for me compared too 08. Really hoping RC is better.

Just whent to a mate to play the demo. And I was pretty ashamed lol that that was a rugby game, a so called new game. No mayor improvements for me compared too 08. Really hoping RC is better.

No mayor improvements? Damn! That was the thing I liked most about Rugby '08, the mayor! Why hasn't his hat and moustache been improved???

I guess you've made your mind up though, mayor or no mayor. Well, we'll see you again next time there's an election.

As i have never really had a ps2 i have only played rugby 08 pretty briefly before, so my only realy experience is rugby 06 and it is a nice step up, especially the presentation and graphics. But i feel they have successfully ported this over and not added enough to the game, and too many animations and problems remain. If the game had club teams i would buy it, but it doesn't and only has 20 international teams with very limited game modes. I honestly couldn't believe some of the stuff they were saying about the game in the loading screens after the demo finished. Doubt i will buy the game, may do in the future when the price comes down because £35 is just too much for such a limited game imo. RC will definitely be getting my money. That said i think the game has potential if another was made. Now one has been created for next gen surely they can only improve on gameplay. Some stuff like my forwards regularly side stepping a number of players frustrated me too. Sheridan sidestepping 3 players in a row isn't the most realistic thing i have seen! And forwards were regularly doing it. It was actually harder for backs to sidestep which i found weird.

I can't see this game selling well to be honest, after RC comes out anyway. Not enough has been added to this game. And i feel it is similar to the rugby 06 -> rugby 08 debacle where we saw a slight improvement but not much. Commentary from the NZ lot was horrendous too. Will try the next lot later. I will play the demo again, and would buy the game if it was priced at something like £20 but £35 for a general repackage with incredibly limited game modes just isn't for me or for most people i imagine. Anyone who thinks this is a big step up is kidding themselves and is a bit dim. Unless you have quite a lot of money to spend i would highly question buying the game at the current price. Key factor is no longetivity imo.

All i see is a load of sarcy comments from the admins/mods of trf. You guys think the game is actually worth the £35?!?! Or are you just giving it good reviews as you are apparently publicising it?

Last edited:
Just tried out the hand-off and barge (thanks to HB_Glen for the tip!) both work well
Also tried out the dummy as well, looks good - not sure whether the AI react to it because I was pretty much running into a brick wall of defenders at the time!

Well then I guess you won't be buying it then Sir. No problem at all, still, I am rather unsure why you feel the need to spend any more time focusing on it. You do appear to have made your decision. Perhaps time to move on and enjoy whatever product you do like, perhaps? :D

Focusing on options you have closed the door on as being unsuitable, does seem rather a wasted effort? :lol:

your right in the sense that maybe i ought to dedicate my time to a more viable option but i enjoy sharing and discussing my views and views of others, positive or otherwise, with other people who share the same interests as me. otherwise i wouldnt be on the forum :)

Latest posts