• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

I liked it. It was fun and that how it should be. people are little greedy pricks these days.that all i can say

Allowed to finish work early for my band practice tonight. So getting in a cheeky download now. Currently at 40% :p

Nice to see a mixture of views, i shall be making my own up in a bit. Sad about side on, never been able to function properly with that :( :( ah well :p

Ask anybody the top 3 things they would have fixed about Rugby 08... one of the things definitely would have been the bunching... But still it remains! I don't know why this wasn't addressed, didn't HB come to this very forum and ask for ideas for improvement etc? And none of you guys thought to mention the 'bunching'!!!
I don't know how this slipped through the gaps, but it did...
A blanket could cover all the chasing players...

Another thing, I know the crowd will always be repeated character models. But how 3! yes 3! end up sitting next to each other doing the exact same cheering motion, wearing the exact same clothes is beyond me...

Again I will mention that the demo is set to easy. I also believe some of the TRF guys have spoken about the bunching. Yes it is there, but its improved its a double edged sword as making changes to address it has knock-ons to other areas of game play. On the harder difficulties it is much less pronounced. We most certainly did look into it though so anything that gets requested on here we most certainly do consider.

I liked it. It was fun and that how it should be. people are little greedy pricks these days.that all i can say

Lol you've said this so much. I guess you must really like arcadey knock off games then.

I'm a PS3 man so still waiting till tomorrow. However looking at the posts there's more negative than positive. People cancelling pre-orders. That says a lot. Generally when you pre order you have great intentions to get the game. If someone plays a demo and then decides to cancel is not a good thing at all. I hope HB read these comments.

But is a scentence which has dramatic effect... Draw your own conclusion.

Pity the demo is on easy. Medium was a good level and Hard a challenge. I guess it'll get boring quite fast at that level. Find out when I'm home.

PS - For the kits, Have HB put in the new skins yet or are they still the placeholders from the beta?

Last edited:
I thought it was ok, seemed when playing 2 player with my brother against the computer it got harder as the game went on. Although I don't quite understand even for a demo why you can only play one half..
Although to me it seems like Rugby 08 just with better graphics at the moment, not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but I just expected more, then again it is just a demo!

right guys, played a few games and i'm really enjoying it, a little annoying that it is only one half but it only makes me want to play the full game even more now! Few questions, number one how do i perform this new chip and number two how do i change the settings for rucks that have been talked about i.e. balanced, nearest men etc??? But overall really enjoying it and good to see a lot of feedback :)

right guys, played a few games and i'm really enjoying it, a little annoying that it is only one half but it only makes me want to play the full game even more now! Few questions, number one how do i perform this new chip and number two how do i change the settings for rucks that have been talked about i.e. balanced, nearest men etc??? But overall really enjoying it and good to see a lot of feedback :)

Use the D pad when playing. found out by accident

The games really fun but I think its only worth a rent but woh knows if rc is crap then this is a purchase!

The ruck mechanics r a nice change. The D-pad tactics r a good addition. Although i am getting 90%+ frequently in the intensity bar ( muscle memory button pressing). I wonder if the timing changes thru the different difficulty settings?

It's nice to see less turnovers, especially on breakaways. I have had some go against me tho, where the a.i. has turned me with 30-40% less intensity. I fear on hard u might still be turned over too frequently after a line break

Burnt Ashton with Habana. Then the fullback hit me hard. Pick and drive with bakkies and under the sticks. 7-0. Steyn what a awesome fly half

Just booting up the demo here myself (on vacation I am) you can take a look at the controls for the game in the pause menu under controls if you need to know the different controls for the different scenarios.

Also regarding the kits the England kit is the 2007 kit in the demo and South Africa's is the 2011 Kit. In the full retail version there will be a code that allows you to unlock all of the new kits. Try to fill you guys in on that part in a couple of weeks.

Will the code also update the squads to the World Cup squads?
For example, Englands squad gets announced 1 or 2 days after the release of the game

i'm really enjoying the demo. It looks like rugby 08 in ways but feels the complete opposite, the commentators are very good aswell and i really liked lisening to them.The graphics are ok, crowd noise is superb but i wish it had 2 halfs insted of 1 :(

i car't wait for the game so good work HB :)

The ruck mechanics r a nice change. The D-pad tactics r a good addition. Although i am getting 90%+ frequently in the intensity bar ( muscle memory button pressing). I wonder if the timing changes thru the different difficulty settings?

It's nice to see less turnovers, especially on breakaways. I have had some go against me tho, where the a.i. has turned me with 30-40% less intensity. I fear on hard u might still be turned over too frequently after a line break

Regarding Ruck Intensity on Easy it is much easier to turn the ball over at the break down when getting in the 90% range. Also the demo is South Africa V England so they are both quality teams with good rucking players. On the harder difficulties you will find it much more of a challenge to turn the ball over and using weaker teams it is incredibly difficulty and generally requires more presses to fill the gauge.

Latest posts