• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

Memo to South Africa-we got beaten by a better team, who have had the wood on us for sometime. Congratulations to the All Blacks!

See, it ain't that hard.

ok Heineken time to pull your head out of your ass, why should we suck it? you are the one with the referee issue, not us. in fact, we aren't even involved in this game, so how does it affect us?

for the sake of myself and other members on the forum, just give it a rest. dont' bother responding to this post either. get me banned, who gives a ****... at least I wont have to listen to you ******* and moaning anymore. happy days

Hmmm, looks like a bit of tongue-in-cheek humour is not in the Aussie Repertoire...

The reason I am happy with Joubert as the RWC final referee is not because he's South African, but because he is the best, most consistent and arguably the best at the moment in the world

To every All black fan- Every Welshman is now behind you, please, please, please smash the french. Really Humiliate them.

Memo to South Africa-we got beaten by a better team, who have had the wood on us for sometime. Congratulations to the All Blacks!

See, it ain't that hard.

Maybe because you had a fair chance.

IE getting raped in the ass will leave you butthurt.

Last edited:
To every All black fan- Every Welshman is now behind you, please, please, please smash the french. Really Humiliate them.

You mean smash them upside down trying to break their neck on the floor then whine about it for ages?

I'm a bit torn in two and can't decide if I'm rooting for NZ or France...

NZ is SH.
France is the under-dog.
NZ (GH and some key players) 'deserve' it if any team does.
Bryce Lawrence is a Kiwi..
NZ ended Aus's 'campaign' and I consider that as SA being avenged.
I have some French ancestry.
France have been awful this RWC.

/can't decide..

Screw it, i'm going for Lawrence is a Kiwi and France are under-dogs.

Les battre Kiwi's, France!

Added the referees to the TS

Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Assistant Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)
Assistant Referee: Alain Rolland (Ireland)

I'm a bit torn in two and can't decide if I'm rooting for NZ or France...

NZ is SH.
France is the under-dog.
NZ (GH and some key players) 'deserve' it if any team does.
Bryce Lawrence is a Kiwi..
NZ ended Aus's 'campaign' and I consider that as SA being avenged.
I have some French ancestry.
France have been awful this RWC.

/can't decide..

Screw it, i'm going for Lawrence is a Kiwi and France are under-dogs.

Les battre Kiwi's, France!

Yayyy, you won't regret this. When we lift the trophee in one week, you'll be one of the only non french happy people on the rugby planet ;)

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR]
[TD] France [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] New Zealand [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Maxime Medard [/TD]
[TD] Dagg [/TD]
[TD] Israel Dagg [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Vincent Clerc [/TD]
[TD] Jane [/TD]
[TD] Cory Jane [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Aurelien Rougerie [/TD]
[TD] Smith[/TD]
[TD] Conrad Smith [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Maxime Mermoz [/TD]
[TD] Nonu [/TD]
[TD] Ma'a Nonu [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Alexis Palisson [/TD]
[TD] Kahui[/TD]
[TD] Richard Kahui [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Morgan Parra [/TD]
[TD] = [/TD]
[TD] Aaron Cruden [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Dimitri Yachvili [/TD]
[TD] Weepu [/TD]
[TD] Piri Weepu [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Imanol Harinordoquy [/TD]
[TD] Read[/TD]
[TD] Kieran Read [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Julien Bonnaire [/TD]
[TD] McCaw [/TD]
[TD] Richie McCaw [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Thierry Dussautoir [/TD]
[TD] = [/TD]
[TD] Jerome Kaino [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Lionel Nallet [/TD]
[TD] Thorn [/TD]
[TD] Brad Thorn [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Pascal Pape [/TD]
[TD] = [/TD]
[TD] Sam Whitelock [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Nicholas Mas [/TD]
[TD] Franks [/TD]
[TD] Owen Franks [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] William Servat [/TD]
[TD] Servat [/TD]
[TD] Keven Mealamu [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Jean-Baptiste Poux [/TD]
[TD] Woodcock [/TD]
[TD] Tony Woodcock [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

My view on who's better... Doesn't say anything about the outcome though
That's my view. I changed 13, 11, 10, 9, 8 and 2 from yours. I also inverted Whitelock and Thorn, to compare TH locks and LH locks. On those lineups the only frenchman I'd choose man by man is Servat over Mealamu. I'd also have Domingo (such a big loss he was) or Barcella over Woodcock.
Also, on the McCaw vs. Bonnaire and Kaino vs. Dusautoir issue, I think you should compare backrow units as a whole, as the french backrowers are not really specialized in their roles in open play. I'd take the NZ ones.

I think that NZ will win this. If France wins, we will be remembered as the most undeserving champions in WC history, and that would not be good for rugby. On the other hand, if France plays an epic game (as we all secretly, or not so secretly, hope), it would give the impression that teams like Tonga and Italy could actually fight for the ***le... I don't think that would be bad for the image of rugby. Anyway, just wishful thinking.

Despite what happened in the France v Wales game, it isn't the fault of the French that they were given a free pass to the final. If France win this game then they will have beaten the best and so deserve the cup (unless McCaw gets a red carded after 18 mins, although I fear even that may not be enough).

Imagine the collective waling, gnashing of teeth and public outrage in New Zealand if France were to win on Sunday? The trauma and hurt would be so bad that the country would renounce rugby forever more. The All Blacks would limp on for a while, unloved by the masses who will have turned to soccer and netball, - losing to Japan and Italy, before eventually succumbing to Norway. Eventually some branding experts would be called in to reinvent a decaying brand, as the 'silver Kiwi Birds' or some other guff. In my book that's too entertaining to miss. Allez les blues!

Last edited:
Imagine the collective waling, gnashing of teeth and public outrage in New Zealand if France were to win on Sunday? The trauma and hurt would be so bad that the country would renounce rugby forever more. The All Blacks would limp on for a while, unloved by the masses who will have turned to soccer and netball, - losing to Japan and Italy, before eventually succumbing to Norway. Eventually some branding experts would be called in to reinvent a decaying brand, as the 'silver Kiwi Birds' or some other guff. In my book that's too entertaining to miss. Allez les blues!

How little you know. Should have paid a ticket to travel and find out.

As much as we (fans) confident of the victory, the AB's themselves won't be taking France lightly. The Fans have grown up with disappointment for over 20+ years, and other AB's team were (arguably) of better world cup vintage.

That said - enjoy the the third and fourth play off.

The Fans have grown up with disappointment for over 20+ years, and other AB's team were (arguably) of better world cup vintage.

That said - enjoy the the third and fourth play off.
You say that in a derogatory way, but if you had offered the Welsh fans a third and fourth play off before the tournament they would have bitten your hand off.

I find it amusing that New Zealand fans would term the last 20 years a 'disappointment'. You've been the best side in the world for that 20 years. Would you rather be Australia and South Africa, with two World Cup wins but frequent thrashings by the All Blacks? The World Cup is just a knockout tournament, and although the rugby world seems to focus quite intently on it it doesn't necessarily decide who the best team is. For one I'd rather Wales beat everyone in the four years between a World Cup than come out of nowhere and win the trophy before going back to losing for another four years.

You say that in a derogatory way, but if you had offered the Welsh fans a third and fourth play off before the tournament they would have bitten your hand off.

I find it amusing that New Zealand fans would term the last 20 years a 'disappointment'. You've been the best side in the world for that 20 years. Would you rather be Australia and South Africa, with two World Cup wins but frequent thrashings by the All Blacks? The World Cup is just a knockout tournament, and although the rugby world seems to focus quite intently on it it doesn't necessarily decide who the best team is. For one I'd rather Wales beat everyone in the four years between a World Cup than come out of nowhere and win the trophy before going back to losing for another four years.

Perhaps I should have said that the last 20 years of RWC have been a disappointment. It was a response in the context of your post, which was directly related to RWC performances.

Why would welsh fans bitten my hand off? That seems strange.

There will be disappointment if the AB's lose make no mistake, but the majority of AB's are gracious enough to accept defeat if the opposition deserve it. There will be a small minority that will create facebook pages and comment on blogs/forums/newsgroups but that's childish.

There will also be posts from people being presumptuous about the state of nation should the All Blacks not win the world cup.

AMEN! thats absolutely true. I like the RWC (I wish we won it) but its not the truth. I know for myself whom I think the best in the world is, regardless whether or not they win the RWC. Agree to the max.

Last edited:
Yeah the mantle of 'world champs'that seems gets automatically assigned to the winner for four years, is a bit of a misnomer if that team doesn't maintain dominance. The IRB rankings determine the best team in the world.

I don't really get fans who just seem to live off WC wins and don't really care what happens inbetween. If the AB's win this year but get dominated in the trinations by SA or Aussie next year the trophy won't mean jack when it comes to who the best team in the world is.

Last edited:
The IRB rankings determine the best team in the world, if the AB's win but Australia dominate next years tri-nations they will be the best team in the world.

Yep and the 6 nations teams also or whoever they get to play from them and the same for a NH team, if they win all of their 6 nations games and then beat whoever they can play from the south, then they IMO get my vote as the current best team around.

Latest posts