• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

Hollow victory.

ABs are deserved victors based on their tournament, but their display today wasn't, and Joubert was terribly biased towards them
I must agree, but I'll take the W anyways!

Stephen Donald had a great game, he made the difference. Good for him.

Great game France, you out played us most of this game. You were a very admirable opponent.

Congratulations NZ, WOAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOW

Missed his first tackle :lol:

Hollow victory for New Zealand.

ABs are deserved victors based on their tournament, but their display today wasn't, and Joubert was terribly biased towards them

Congratulations to the All Blacks though

You are just bias and jealous get over it, 4 more years to you

All Blacks only won because of a biased first half from the ref :p Na, if you consider the whole tournament then they definitely deserved it

World Cup ... Never Disappoints!
Congrats to kiwis They were the best no doubt Enjoy it.
France wow surprise great game just ran out of ideas.

Bloody hell. I just needed a reality check. New Zealand win the World Cup???

I wouldn't be lying if I said the French deserved to win that game IMO. They definatly played all the rugby in the second half and the All Blacks only won on desperate defense. Well done France, you have the upmost respect from all of New Zealand.

Well done Richie, you're a bloody gladiator mate.

Hard for France to beat us when Joubert was on our side. Ignore me if you want since I'm drunk and in tears. I can barely control myself..........................................................................

Hate to admit it but the frogs deserved the win. What a game.

They played well, but they didn't deserve to win. They didn't attack enough, should have hit the rucks harder.

Well played France, but NZ were deserved winners.

Oooooo Richie said 'shagged' on tv (guess it means knackered in NZ). He deserved to win the Cup

Summary of the world cup:

All the teams that don't deserve the win on the day, win.

SA vs Wales: Wales were better, but SA won.
SA vs Aus: SA was better, but Aus won
France vs Wales: Wales were better, but France won

The final was no different. France were the better team tonight, and as a neutral, it's **** seeing the better team lose. Last 3 minutes by the All Blacks was nauseating.

Still, congrats I suppose, deserved victory based on the tournament, but certainly not on tonight's performance. Strange tournament, filled with controversy, and enough other aspects to call it a farce. Glad it's over now.

To the French, you were committed, and passionate, coming short against a worse team on the night.

Lastly, hopefully now everyone can see why it's laughable having Piri Weepu as a player of the year nominee. Utterly pathetic.

One thing I am happy about is McCaw finally getting his trophy. He is a humble man, and fantastic servant of the game.

Dusotoir, player of the year. End of Story.

Hard for France to beat us when Joubert was on our side. Ignore me if you want since I'm drunk and in tears. I can barely control myself..........................................................................

Not bad grammar for being drunk:)

They played well, but they didn't deserve to win. They didn't attack enough, should have hit the rucks harder.

Well played France, but NZ were deserved winners.

Think you were watching a different game. France always attacked, it was NZ who didn't

before the start of this game I always though I wouldnt feel bad if we lost. But after seeing that I am gutted :( :( :( well done NZ you deserve your day in histry just for the way youve played this whole tournament. So proud of the french team. I hope we will have the cup one day ....

they rules were changed two years ago to favour the kiwis, the head ref is a kiwi and theyplay the tournament at a time of year to favour souothern hemisphere teams. The odds were stacked for kiwis to win and then they picked a ref who always blows in their favour. I really really pity the french totally shafted by the organisers.

All i can say is well done New Zealand you BOUGHT THE WORLD CUP and have completely destroyed my faith n the sport i love

France played all the rugby, I was very proud of them because I knew they were capable of being the best and because of all the people that wrote them off, but congrats to NZ for holding on

btw about people saying the ref was biased in our favour, what was with France constantly kicking the ball in the rucks, or out of the halfbacks hands at the rucks? Are they allowed to do that?

Summary of the world cup:

All the teams that don't deserve the win on the day, win.

SA vs Wales: Wales were better, but SA won.
SA vs Aus: SA was better, but Aus won
France vs Wales: Wales were better, but France won

The final was no different. France were the better team tonight, and as a neutral, it's **** seeing the better team lose. Last 3 minutes by the All Blacks was nauseating.

Still, congrats I suppose, deserved victory based on the tournament, but certainly not on tonight's performance. Strange tournament, filled with controversy, and enough other aspects to call it a farce. Glad it's over now.

To the French, you were committed, and passionate, coming short against a worse team on the night.

Lastly, hopefully now everyone can see why it's laughable having Piri Weepu as a player of the year nominee. Utterly pathetic.

One thing I am happy about is McCaw finally getting his trophy. He is a humble man, and fantastic servant of the game.

Dusotoir, player of the year. End of Story.

Very true. One can't help but feel a bit sorry for the French, especially after all the disrespect they've copped this week.

Latest posts