• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

Undoubtably so. They can be proud.
Hard out, they should be proud. No one gave them a chance in hell and they came a few calls and a whisker from taking it all, I think Joubert wanted to get out of the country alive... lmao although in all seriousness great effort by the French. GO THE BLACKS and thanks Craig Joubert for not blowing your whistle.:cool:

Soooo..... Stephen Donald kicks the winning penalty of the World Cup :p you NZers still hate him?

It's one of those things, if you said a month ago that Donald would do just that, while many would think it realistically possible, many, many more would have laughed at you.

Good on you Donald, held your nerve.

They may have played the better Rugby, but that doesn't make them deserved winners.

So, after tons of french bashing following the match against Wales where we won while producing a bad display in attack, everybody was against us.
Now that it's All Blacks turn, it becomes normal and the "best" team won.

I will be more fair play than welsh supporters: yes, the best team won, the purpose in a rugby match is not necessarily to do some kind of art but to be more efficient that the opponent.
So congratulations to the All Blacks, they have a fantastic team and finally were mentally up to it even if it was close.
Especially, big tribute to Graham Henry, that guy is really a grand monsieur. :)

He was down and out. He's made a great recovery in just 60 minutes. He's off to Bath and might not ever play in a black shirt again, but his last game, if it is, in a black shirt, we appreciate him. Thank you for you bit part, Stephen Donald. It was minor but critical. You have the nation's eternal thanks.

Disagree, without Donald we would have lost. He was awesome on defence, the best NZ player on the pitch. Dusatoir and Bonnaire were awesome for France, they would have been deserved winners if they got two more points haha.

Either team deserved this win. It was tight and intense and worthy of a final. I love this game. I really love it. I'm surprised I can type coherently right now.

Well played France, that game was sooooo close.

... Wow, All Blacks, that was edge of the seat stuff ... I've been waiting 24 years, so here's a little ​wahoo!

Tough luck, France. The match was lost on wafer thin margins. They had their chance to take the lead but fell short. They were setting up for a drop goal, but spilled in contact. A bit like Wales when they lost to France. Ironic.

Disappointed again that the ABs went for kick and chase like against Aus, but the win is the win is the win. How unlucky are the ABs with injuries to their #10s? France weren't unlucky - McCaw clearly knobbled Parra but didn't lead with a closed fist.

Interesting tournament, but we didn't get an epic nailbiter in the knockout stages.

So, after tons of french bashing following the match against Wales where we won while producing a bad display in attack, everybody was against us.

I will be more fair play than welsh supporters: yes, the best team won, the purpose in a rugby match is not necessarily to do some kind of art but to be more efficient that the opponent.
So congratulations to the All Blacks, they have a fantastic team and finally were mentally up to it even if it was close.
Especially, big tribute to Graham Henry, that guy is really a grand monsieur. :)

They did play Wales with a man advantage and just won. That's the only real difference.

+1

Disagree, without Donald we would have lost. He was awesome on defence, the best NZ player on the pitch. Dusatoir and Bonnaire were awesome for France, they would have been deserved winners if they got two more points haha.

Maybe you misinterpreted me. We wouldn't have done it without Donald stepping up. It's minor in context of the whole tournament, but in context of the final, without him, I could have seen us losing. I think you and I are actually on the same page, but my words are not so great because I'm drunk.

That's a bit far fetched considering we only ever looked like scoring with Cruden on the field.

Good game guys, I hate Mc Caw, but I would probably cheat like him if refs let me like they let him.

France is a major rugby nation, all of those who said we didn't deserve to be here have been proven wrong, good on them.

I tottaly agree with you. Its hard to loose in such a game. But I think Henry was really ******** himself in the last minute .... He was this close from changing to a grand monsieur to a double time chocker .... Well done all u kiwis.

Either team deserved this win. It was tight and intense and worthy of a final. I love this game. I really love it. I'm surprised I can type coherently right now.
LMAO... I'm suprised I'm still standing and making calls. LOL

Tough luck, France. The match was lost on wafer thin margins. They had their chance to take the lead but fell short. They were setting up for a drop goal, but spilled in contact. A bit like Wales when they lost to France. Ironic.

Disappointed again that the ABs went for kick and chase like against Aus, but the win is the win is the win. How unlucky are the ABs with injuries to their #10s? France weren't unlucky - McCaw clearly knobbled Parra but didn't lead with a closed fist.

Interesting tournament, but we didn't get an epic nailbiter in the knockout stages.
How in the world wasnt that an epic nailbitter????? My heart was going at 150 beats/sec, I almost died of a heart attack....

Latest posts