• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

That match physically hurt me. My gut is so tied in knots.

To France - you were the better team today, congratulations on a fine performance.

We were favoured by the ref today and that is a shame - it does take some of the shine off this victory. I get the feeling that the IRB and the referees really did not want a repeat of how NZ lost in 2007 but the pendulum swung too far back the other way today. New Zealand only wants a level playing field so it becomes about the rugby and nothing else. It is impossible to say what would have happened but right now it feels like we would have lost this game without the "rub of the green" from the guy with the whistle.

Having said that, I will take this win. We have had enough **** to deal with over the years (2007 obviously, but 1995 as well) so it kind of feels like we were due a bit of "luck". I'm meant to be feeling euphoric right now but not even close. Need to get some more alcohol in my I think.

Again, well played France.

Think you were watching a different game. France always attacked, it was NZ who didn't
-+

France made us play their game, not many teams have been able to do that for years. We were lucky very very lucky. But what a massive relief.

Honestly, France deserved to win that. I'm so proud of the boys for pulling through but on the night I thought they were better than us. We were lucky to win but that doesn't stop me celebrating.

I'm so proud of the boys. I think a few pl;ayers were vindicated tonight. McCaw and Henry should now be remembered as greats and people would never have given them their dues otherwise. Donald was also brilliant. What a story it is when the number 4 first five guides you to a world cup victory. I have always liked him as a guy and he deserved the medal. People will remember him differently now. Overall, a great tournament and a great result. Fantastic stuff.

Yes but it's not like the AB's DIDN'T deserve to win it...in parallel thinking. Let's just say the French had the upper hand during prime moments and for some lengthy plays. It's a horrible defeat, not just because of that 1 point difference, but like I said that upper hand and we felt the try was coming for about the last 20 minutes...

And about the ref VS the outcome, I'm not drawing conclusions coz it's so despicable and cheap and gratuitous usually, but I have my doubts on certain plays in all objectivity.
But you guys got your second cup...congrats boys.

To France - you were the better team today, congratulations on a fine performance.

We were favoured by the ref today and that is a shame - it does take some of the shine off this victory. I get the feeling that the IRB and the referees really did not want a repeat of how NZ lost in 2007 but the pendulum swung too far back the other way today. New Zealand only wants a level playing field so it becomes about the rugby and nothing else. It is impossible to say what would have happened but right now it feels like we would have lost this game without the "rub of the green" from the guy with the whistle.

Having said that, I will take this win. We have had enough **** to deal with over the years (2007 obviously, but 1995 as well) so it kind of feels like we were due a bit of "luck". I'm meant to be feeling euphoric right now but not even close. Need to get some more alcohol in my I think.

well said. To anyone bashing the ref on a ugly win, remember one day it will come back to you. It is a human role to be a ref. There is no way they get paid to get a result IMHO.

Why do you pretend you are from New Zealand?....cmon man is your arguement going to make France win?....is your arguement effective?.....think first and then reply

-+

France made us play their game, not many teams have been able to do that for years. We were lucky very very lucky. But what a massive relief.

And I suppose we were lucky too Weepu blew those kicks...luck for us and choking for him also quite frankly.

What do rugby world cups do to otherwise excellent referees ? I have watched craig Joubert referee many, many games. This was his worst refereeing display by a long way. Unfortunately his refereeing was partial in this game. He missed at least 3 high all- black tackles, and failed to penalise all-black infringements at the ruck, including one on the all-black 10 metre line on 68 minutes.

The all-blacks have been the best team in the world over the last four years, but did not deserve this win. Dusatoir, and Haronordiquy were immense. France were the better side, and Joubert made unforgivable mistakes.

Good win NZ. defence wins big games, both teams defended well but NZ kicked their goals and in the end that was the difference.

Congrats to France. No one can say they didn't deserve to be there, defence and tactical kicking was spot on.

What do rugby world cups do to otherwise excellent referees ? I have watched craig Joubert referee many, many games. This was his worst refereeing display by a long way. Unfortunately his refereeing was partial in this game. He missed at least 3 high all- black tackles, and failed to penalise all-black infringements at the ruck, including one on the all-black 10 metre line on 68 minutes.

The all-blacks have been the best team in the world over the last four years, but did not deserve this win. Dusatoir, and Haronordiquy were immense. France were the better side, and Joubert made unforgivable mistakes.

He also missed dubious off-sides from the French around the rucks so it wasn't too one sided.

Bottom line....

New Zealand All Blacks, the best rugby union team in the world, is there any disputes?.....

Bottom line....

New Zealand All Blacks, the best rugby union team in the world, is there any disputes?.....
until next time :p enjoy.
I was very surprised by the levelling of every one of the teams this year. You all blacks need to do something special to be able to claim this in like.... 10 years ;) anyway enjoy your victory :)

Why do you pretend you are from New Zealand?....cmon man is your arguement going to make France win?....is your arguement effective?.....think first and then reply
Born and raised in Hamilton Sam, living in London for past 10 years. Once this sinks in I am sure I will be very pleased but it just feels a bit hollow right now. Just being honest. But so pleased to see Richie lifting the cup - he deserves that place in history. Would love to be in New Zealand right now to enjoy the moment. London on a Sunday morning not the right place to celebrate this.

He also missed dubious off-sides from the French around the rucks so it wasn't too one sided.

Only after Joubert failed to penalise all-black ruck infringements. The french became frustrated, and then began to infringe, both off- side and in the ruck.

Bottom line....

Lol, there always will be... that's part of competitive sports... the What if's will always be in people's minds...

Bob Skinstad said after the game, if the Boks were in the final, then the AB's would have been in trouble today... but we weren't and that's how it goes, everyone will now have to rebuild... give credit where credit is due, and All Blacks deserves the credit given to them... no doubt about that...

I am especially happy for some fabulous players that has been a thorn in my teams' sides both internationally as well as super 14/15 to finally get the Grand Prize in World Rugby... Richie Mccaw, Dan Carter, Ma'a Nonu, Brad Thorn, Piri Weepu, Mils Muliana... You guys can celebrate this victory! See you all next year!!

Only after Joubert failed to penalise all-black ruck infringements. The french became frustrated, and then began to infringe, both off- side and in the ruck.

It was happening earlier than that, the French were flying up very fast at times.

He missed one obvious call where the All Blacks went to clear the ball from a ruck and it went straight to a French player who was allowed to continue play from an offside position.

Lol, there always will be... that's part of competitive sports... the What if's will always be in people's minds...

Bob Skinstad said after the game, if the Boks were in the final, then the AB's would have been in trouble today... but we weren't and that's how it goes, everyone will now have to rebuild... give credit where credit is due, and All Blacks deserves the credit given to them... no doubt about that...

I am especially happy for some fabulous players that has been a thorn in my teams' sides both internationally as well as super 14/15 to finally get the Grand Prize in World Rugby... Richie Mccaw, Dan Carter, Ma'a Nonu, Brad Thorn, Piri Weepu, Mils Muliana... You guys can celebrate this victory! See you all next year!!

my sentiments exactly. Congratulations NZ!

Latest posts