• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: England - Georgia (18-09-2011, 18:00)

Who would you like to see starting?

• Total voters
I've seen Matt Mullan's name being thrown around as a replacement - but I agree, it'll be PDJ (fingers crossed)

Btw Olly how do you get all this info in so fast? Couldn't find anything all day about anyone flying home.

Twitter: I follow a couple of journalists who are also Sale fans, and they got alerted of the press release earlier and were saying things along the lines of "Bad news coming from NZ for Sale fans" "England player injured - press release out soon" etc.

Thompson :), he can always learn Stevens and Cole how to do it.

JW, you sound like a redneck. He'll teach Stevens and Cole how to do it. Not learn them. Thompson does not have a deficit in teeth, a surplus of digits, and a prelidiction for banjo music and incest - and neither, I hope, do you.

This point of taste aside, I'd rather we called up a back-row forward.We have enough props, Corbs and Stevens gives us two looseheads...

I do apologise, prolonged exposure to the Dutch language has messed up my English. :p

Sheridan is injury prone, he's been around a long time, debut in 2004 and has been first choice prop non stop since then

to put that into perspective Nick Easter made his debut in 2007 and has 45 caps

Morne Steyn made his debut in 2009 and is already on 30 caps

Estimation at how many Caps he'd have if he'd never have been injured?

Just like Wilko imagine what he would've been like if he wouldn't have been injured for years. Such a shame and so unlucky.

England have played 80 matches since his debut

but since he has been first choice (November 2005) and has been first choice ever since i think

England have played 72 matches

Big fan of his. Changed the way props were percepted (from fat to gym monkeys) with Hayman and other 'modern' props. How many other legendary tales would he have contributed to given those extra 40 caps? Any more demolitions like the two Aussies or the lions tour passion? We'll never know and will have to accept he never reached his potentiol if he retires now. I really hope he doesn't and we can squeeze a few more years out of him. Heres to you Ted.

Last edited:
Really can't understand the point of taking another prop? Even if another gets injured we still have enough for a full match day squad and plenty of time for a replacement to fly out.. on the other hand if Flood or wilko get injured we would be starting a World Cup test without backup 10 (w'worth cannot be a serious option). Really hope Flutey gets the call up and then we can settle on Youngs, Flood, Flutey Tuilagi and maybe score a few tries

Because it's a prop injured
I get what you're saying, but all their prep will be on the basis of having X amount of props in the squad, so it'll be a prop called up

Would love Flutey out there though :p

Because it's a prop injured
I get what you're saying, but all their prep will be on the basis of having X amount of props in the squad, so it'll be a prop called up

Would love Flutey out there though :p

That would depend on how they think Moody is, because they can't replace him can they because he had an injury before the RWC and they still took him? They should be fine with 4 props, and if one of them gets injured they could always call up PDJ or whoever. Can't see Flutey coming altough I'd love to see him. Fourie has a good chance IMO, is he fit?

I don't think he is at the moment, or at least: I haven't heard he is
Last I heard was a few days after the match, and that was that he would be fit by the time the knock-out rounds are here

I would explode if Robshaw got called up :lol:

We need a pure openside really does Robshaw offer that?

No, but with Fourie injured atm they're the only two on the reserves list, or involved with England in general, recently
Fourie is the only out and out 7 we've had in a While, oddly

We've had, in the past season: Moody, Haskell, Fourie in the England team, Carl Fearns in England XV (who is similar to Haskell in that his best position is 8, but can fill in at 7)
Tom Johnson put in some good showings for Saxons in the 7 shirt

Surely they can replace Moody if he's still injured? The grounds for replacing a player are purely medical - how or when a player picks up his injury is totally irrelevant. Really haven't heard a single convincing argument as to why we need five props.

Surely they can replace Moody if he's still injured? The grounds for replacing a player are purely medical - how or when a player picks up his injury is totally irrelevant. Really haven't heard a single convincing argument as to why we need five props.

I didn't think so because England took him to the RWC when he was injured.

Yeah, someone mentioned before that the rules are you can only replace a player if his injury is picked up during the tournament - it's your own fault if you take someone who's crocked

Latest posts