• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Samoa - Namibia (14-09-2011)

This is a strange one for me...want Samoa to do well because a) would love them to get the confidence to go on and beat the Saffas and b) Mapasua, Tuilagi and Johnson are in my fantasy team :p but on the other hand would be great if the didn't do so awesome as we've got them up next...and dunno if I could bare another loss as stressful as the SA one...
Still, good luck to both teams! Time to switch over to ITV me thinks :D

Namibia looks shellshocked making some basic errors as well probably tired from the weekends game

Very impressed with the Samoans, mixing the game up very well with strong running, lovely tactical kicking, strong in the breakdown and their scrum is very strong. Couple of silly mistakes here and there, but I guess that's to be expected. Pity to see Pisi coming off, he's having a cracking game!
That Namibian 15 Botha looking like a dangerous runner in broken field.

EDIT: Taiasina Tuifua does not look good coming off! Pity for him too.

Two important players off for Samoa due to injury, really a shame! Hopefully they'll be alright. Pisi was having a great game so far.

Samoa 25 - 0 Namibia
3 tries (Fotuali'i, Tuilagix2), 2 converted, 2 penalty (all Tusi Pisi)
Half time

25 - 0 to Samoa, 2 tries to Tuilagi and 1 to Fotuali'i. Williams just been sin binned
EDIT: Olyy beat me to it :p

Poite should give himself an uppercut..
Nah - didn't use his arms, dangerous hit and Kotze is lucky he wasn't injured from it

Shame as Williams isn't a dangerous player, and I didn't see him put in one hit like in his time at Sale - heat of the moment, I guess

Last edited:
Perfect hit from Williams. Seriously, what was wrong apart from the fact that he smashed the poor guy, which is obviously legal? The replay showed he had arms in it and it wasn't high, great hit in my book, and the rule book.

No it wasn't - didn't use his arms whatsoever, dangerous hit and Kotze is lucky he wasn't injured from it

Shame as Williams isn't a dangerous player, and I didn't see him put in one hit like in his time at Sale - heat of the moment, I guess

It wasnt intentional. The guy rebounded off Williams arms.. Also, its hard to get a look when they refuse to replay it.

Poite.. This isnt tiddlywinks.

Also, i should have put more money on the vbookie!! Only going to get 1 dollar back..

They've replayed it a good few times here - Poite gave the card for a high tackle, which was wrong as the hit was on his chest, however no arms = penalty
Harsh yellow, but definitely not legal

Anyone else think Jaques Burger could shove on an Azzuri no 7 top and play for Italy? Guy is a spitting image for Mauro Bergamasco!

Latest posts