• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ryan Giggs - Best winger ever, Discuss ...

Interesting statement . . . hes never deservedly won the EPL player of the year award? Care to elaborate?

Well he never won the award prior to winning it in 2009, where he only started something crazy like 15 games for Man United the entire year/season, got only one or 2 goals, and only had a handful of assists. I am sure this is well documented but it is fairly obvious he got the award on sentiment rather than merit, while the award was originaly designed for the latter.

He is without a doubt the best player football has ever come across;

-) He plays fair, never cheats or does stupid tackles
-) His social life is good, he doesn't go sleeping with hookers or other females
-) His ability to do what he can with the ball is amazing, and at his age he is getting better and better
-) But most importantly, he is loyal to the club, he is an inspiration. Who needs money when you can get players like giggs coming from the youth school, being able to score ever season and now a key player who is able to turn around the end result of the game

He is a magnificant player on and off the pitch, a true role model in football.

Yes, he does cheat. He's awarded himself more free kicks than I've had hot dinners.

Yes, he does cheat. He's awarded himself more free kicks than I've had hot dinners.

You really can't have had many hot dinners then because he hasn't awarded himself many free-kicks :S As footballers go hes as squeaky clean as it gets.

Giggs is a rare breed as a professional footballer, don't make players like him anymore!

Alright eeennnnnn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read a comment on youtube below a video of his goal in the FA Cup against Arsenal, I think it kinds of sums Giggs up:
He is never involved in any scandals.

"He never caused trouble over contracts.
He never acts out in frustration.
He is the only player to have scored in every season ever since the Premier League's inception in 1992.
In the entirety of Premier League's history, ever since 1992, Ryan Giggs has NEVER been red carded.
He is the embodiment of fair play and loyalty and he is a dying breed, for todays footballers are limelight craving rockstars with fancy cars. We need players like Giggs."

Couldn't of put it better myself, he is one of a kind, there will never be another like him lets be honest. Hes just been crowned as the Manchester United's greatest ever player, some achievement when you consider the calibre of players that Manchester United have had over the years. I think its a sham that he was never awarded World player of the year or at the very least European player of the year in all the time hes playing.
Can't remember who said it but Giggs winning the PFA player of the year award in 2009 has been a long time coming. Its ridiculous to say he only won the award on sentiment rather than merit as although he only played a handful of games in those games he played fantastically so surely it is right that he win the award due to his exceptional performances? He did win the PFA award on merit not sentiment. I think its more of a sham that he hadn't won it before anyway .

Alright eeennnnnn!

As a Ryan Giggs fan and Arsenal supporter I am not sure what to think.
I'll just leave it with this:
blogimg_2845_30511-20100302125755968129.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You really can't have had many hot dinners then because he hasn't awarded himself many free-kicks :S As footballers go hes as squeaky clean as it gets.

He looks at the referee who awards him a free kick. Every. Single. Time.

Latest posts