• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SA vs Manu Samoa

Jeez, I just love this whole "dirty play" and "overly agressive hitting" bullshit. The Manu are known for their big hits, plain and simple. It`s what they thrive on, and it`s gotten them to 2 RWC quarter-finals already. And the Boks are known for being physically imposing at the breakdown and at the rucks.

In case anybody failed to notice, guess what? Even with the IRB`s Big Brother citing approach, and several camera angles for the citing commissioners to watch, not a single player- from either side- was cited. Rugby`s a collision sport gents. If you want a contact sport, I suggest you take up ballroom dancing. :p

Some of the players in th SA team are dirty buggers. Oh well some things never change.

well domestically he's not bad, still sort of bad, like hurricanes vs highlanders 2003, he was in the way of the halfback passing the ball on more than one occasion, which is pretty bad considering hurricanes were on the front foot look VERY likely to score, when spice (halfback) when to pass off the ruck, the ball hit honiss, killing the movement.

when SA played ireland up north for the SA'cans northern tour couple years back, honiss clearly told smit (captain) to gather his troops to talk about some infringement they were penalised for, as SA's forwards were huddled and smit laying down the law to his forwards, ireland quick tapped and scored a try and honiss awarded it, SA lost the game.

we have better refs than him!

In case anybody failed to notice, guess what? Even with the IRB`s Big Brother citing approach, and several camera angles for the citing commissioners to watch, not a single player- from either side- was cited. Rugby`s a collision sport gents. If you want a contact sport, I suggest you take up ballroom dancing. :p
[/b]

Schalk Burger could miss the England game on Friday after being cited for a tackle on Junior Polu during the Samoa match on Sunday.

Burger has been cited for a dangerous tackle on the Samoa scrumhalf. The player and Springbok management will face a hastily assembled judiciary meeting as soon it is possible to convene one.

The news could mean that Burger and Phil Vickery - who is also awaiting a verdict on his fate - miss the crucial clash in St Denis on Friday

[/b]

SchalkBurgerHighShotL.jpg

:)

Oh please dangerous my ass, Burger went for the ball and it just so happened he took out the Samoan number 9.

I second you on that darkman. Some of these Saffa buggers really are cheapshot merchants.

Well that citing is nothing more than a complete fkn farce. Firstly, if an incident gets penalised by the referee, the citing commissioner shouldn`t even come into play, according to standard citing procedures. Secondly, yeah sue it looked bad, pretty much like Lima`s tackle. But he was actually going for the ball, just mistimed it a bit.

I can understand Lima getting a ban, but not Burger - he went for the ball and ended up with some chap's head in his hands. Must have been quite traumatising for poor Schalkie!

Yes the poor baby and with his long track record of being such a fair and legal player this is a total travesty.
Man I thought I was one eyed but you guys take the cake.

Yes the poor baby and with his long track record of being such a fair and legal player this is a total travesty.
Man I thought I was one eyed but you guys take the cake. [/b]

Hahahaha oh man this guy speaks the truth!

Well looks like the citing commission obviously saw something wrong with that tackle. If you think about it his offense is 2 fold. Taking a man out in the air and high tackling him at the same time.
4 Weeks is justice for a hard done by Samoan side. Good job.

Well looks like the citing commission obviously saw something wrong with that tackle. If you think about it his offense is 2 fold. Taking a man out in the air and high tackling him at the same time.
4 Weeks is justice for a hard done by Samoan side. Good job. [/b]

4 weeks seems a little harsh to me - sure it was dangerous but it was just a reckless action rather than a deliberate attack on the players head. In the time he is off Burger should get some advice on how to catch high balls - swinging a stiff arm vertically at the direction of the ball is obviously not a good tactic ;)

Maybe a little harsh, but Schalk Burger is hardy subtlety personified.

Its fair to say he plays a high risk style of loose forward rugby and if you put your hand in the cookie jar too many times then you're gunna get caught.

Just gutting that it happened at the most important tournament of his life. But you can bet he won't be going easy come finals time.

Conan will be back. It's just a shame that Samoa probably won't.
Maybe they shoud send the Tuilagi brothers round for a visit to the Honiss household after the worldcup, for a...chat...

Is Habana that good?

Honestly, I want to hear people's opinions.

Three of his four tries came with ease, even though it looked like there was nothing to be had.

Did Somoa just not go into the tackles on him or was it his doing?

<div class='quotemain'> Well looks like the citing commission obviously saw something wrong with that tackle. If you think about it his offense is 2 fold. Taking a man out in the air and high tackling him at the same time.
4 Weeks is justice for a hard done by Samoan side. Good job. [/b]

4 weeks seems a little harsh to me - sure it was dangerous but it was just a reckless action rather than a deliberate attack on the players head. In the time he is off Burger should get some advice on how to catch high balls - swinging a stiff arm vertically at the direction of the ball is obviously not a good tactic ;)
[/b][/quote]

the IRB dictate the Rugby World Cup...