• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SA vs Manu Samoa

Why are all you kiwi's suddenly so angry about foul play. Your nation practicly invented the
term foul play on the rugby pitch.!! :bleh!:

And the only reason the citing commision had even a second glance at the schalk incident. Is becuase he has been labeld by the british, NZ, and Ausies as a reckless player!!!!

<div class='quotemain'> Bullshit Bokean Lima did nothing, his shoulder never made contact with the player. Lima made contact with his head only and was knocked out before he even got to make the tackle let alone wrap his arms around the player. I repeat there was no contact with his shoulder so unless tackling with your head is illegal where you come from then you're screaming about nothing. Lima is a fair, but hard player, who doesn't need to shoulder charge to make a big hit.
The citing commission saw the same thing I did and thus there was no citing. Man at least get your facts straight and read the thread I have pointed this FACT out a million times. Stop making unfounded sledges against our local legend until after you have done your homework. [/b]

so i can fly kick tackle someone to the head now, just because my shoulder never made contact with the player?

i agree that lima is fair, but hard, but i was just trying to demonstrate the lack of consistancy with the schalk ban...
his tackle really wasnt that bad. it wasnt even yellow carded... [/b][/quote]

Well like most of the Rugby world believes, the referee (my own countrymen) was crap. :toss:
But it was a good match and I'm not surprised to see all this complaints happening here and there. It was just a well known physical Samoan side against a SA side known for some of their dirty plays. What else could we expect?

And the only reason the citing commision had even a second glance at the schalk incident. Is becuase he has been labeld by the british, NZ, and Ausies as a reckless player!!!!

[/b]

Its true! :cheers:

I cant think of a player more dirtier atm!

Now on the basis of him being a dirty player punching, biting & Eye, gouging & dangerous tackles this is record so far: "During 34 Tests for South Africa, 42 Super 14 games and 22 Currie Cup games for his province, he had never been before a disciplinary committee for such an offence." Quote Planet Rugby
Enough said!! Give some examples of his dirty play besides this sloppy tackle. For some one who tackles as much as he does he has not ever been cited for a dangerous tackle.
[/b]
Brilliantly put mate. Now, if someone could please be so kind as to show me any single other incident in which Burger has been involved in, where he has been cited. In any form of rugby. Ever. For whichever transgression.

Get your facts straight before making comments about someone being a dirty player please.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pZq5MXnDGo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pZq5MXnDGo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

be your own judge on the tackle, personally i think if he had wanted to he could of quite easily moved his arm out of the way

Looking at this thread I am pleased the IRB don't employ some of you guys as judiciary, for it would be an even greater joke than what the "pro's" are making of it at the moment.

<div class='quotemain'> Now on the basis of him being a dirty player punching, biting & Eye, gouging & dangerous tackles this is record so far: "During 34 Tests for South Africa, 42 Super 14 games and 22 Currie Cup games for his province, he had never been before a disciplinary committee for such an offence." Quote Planet Rugby
Enough said!! Give some examples of his dirty play besides this sloppy tackle. For some one who tackles as much as he does he has not ever been cited for a dangerous tackle.
[/b]
Brilliantly put mate. Now, if someone could please be so kind as to show me any single other incident in which Burger has been involved in, where he has been cited. In any form of rugby. Ever. For whichever transgression.

Get your facts straight before making comments about someone being a dirty player please.

[/b][/quote]

didn't schalk get sin binned for going into a tackle with the elbow? is that foul/dirty play?

and i completely agree with 'tin head'

No he didn't get sin-binned; I think it was a harsh decision. I would have given him a one match ban for a careless tackle. I watched the game and at real speed it looks vicious but when you watch the slow mo replay he doesn't intentially take him out, he was just careless after he realised he wasn't going to get the ball. As for being dirty, I just think he's aggressive & passionate.lol

For, those who don't know me I’m not a bias South African, I'm actually a Samoan.

Schalk tackle was sloppy but not malicious, a reaction tackle which most people eould have done, and the ref didn't think it was that bad so why should they overrule a refs decision.
Starting to think that Lima has an agenda with all South African flyhalfs, first Hougard and now Pretorious

I imagine Lima only came to this world cup for one last hurrah, and that means he will skip the tonga and usa games and too right.. give any new guy a chance and all that, and come on as a sub for the last 10 vs SA and England and absolutely flatten someone. That's it, and he retires with everyone remembering his last ever bone-breaking tackle.

Everyone remembers 2003, he clearly tried to make the same drama against SA, but it didn't work as he intended.

I felt it made him look a fool against SA, but he will have to prove against England that it wasn't just a gimmick against SA.