• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland #10

jordiev

Academy Player
Country Flag
Great Britain
Club or Nation
Sale
Duncan Weir, better than parks and jackson... in my opinion yes who do you think should be scotlands flyhalf

I think the Scotland #10 shirt is wide open for the 6 Nations, regardless of whether Parks is the best 10 or not any more, the management might want to move on from him given that he's 33 now

Weir is definitely a contender now, I would give Jackson a 65% chance of starting the first 6 Nations match v England, Parks 15%, and Weir 20%, but that could all change over the coming months, to be honest I think Weir bosses the game better than Jackson currently does so I would opt for him

Phil Godman is way out of contention now, struggling to get into the Edinburgh side, and they picked Gregor Hunter ahead of him the other week against the Scarlets and Hunter was seriously awful so Godman must be out of form to be on the bench behind him

wier... he is such a good playmaker.. reliable kicker...
i like the energy jackson brings but his kicking is just not up to scratch... so other than jackson and wier can you think of anyone else in contention??

wier... he is such a good playmaker.. reliable kicker...
i like the energy jackson brings but his kicking is just not up to scratch... so other than jackson and wier can you think of anyone else in contention??

Jackson's goal kicking is all right, it's his game control and tactical kicking which lets him down, he's kind of like a lesser version of James Hook

I don't think anybody will be in contention apart from Weir and Jackson

Parks of course but I'm not sure they'll select him again now he's aged 33, Godman's struggling at Edinburgh and they've been playing some real rookie fly halves who haven't done that well lately, the only other option is Greig Laidlaw but that's a long shot, Paterson could fill in a massive emergency but I think Weir and Jackson are the main two, one of them should move club!

Scotland 10 pecking order for 2012

Ruaridh Jackson / Duncan Weir / Dan Parks / Greig Laidlaw / Phil Godman / Chris Paterson / Gordon Ross / ???????????

I wonder if Scotland regrets giving up on Ander Monro, he was vastly superior for Canada than anyone wearing the Scottish #10 jersey although Parks played well vs. England until his final up and under.

Latest posts