• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Wales

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 8 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
excellent kick there, what can Scotland do to mess this up now?[/b]
:D
When Matthew Rees wins a penalty you know something's wrong.
Shanklin squandered a try-scoring chance there.
Still Wales win a scrum against the head and Alun-Wyn goes charging over. Another terrible conversion attempt from Jones. 0 - 13.
Scotland penalty after Mike Phillips got dumped, panicked and did something wrong apparently. Paterson shouldn't miss this - White is back on now, so it's 15 v 15 again.
3 - 13 now.

Again Shanklin trying to bash it through the middle, if he had drawn the tackle and past it outside Wales could have been in. But I guess it doesn't matter now with another try.

Wales really are pushing the boundaries, not really being helped by this risky and lightweight Scottish scrum.

Meanwhile good tackle on Mike Phillips by Grahame Morrison and, oh! Look whos here! :D

Its Mr Money in the bank, Chris Paterson!

Wales' lineout is still a f***ing shambles...
Paterson would have jinked his way over if it weren't for a superb tackle from Powell.
Another great scrum against the head on the five metre line. Penalty Wales now on halfway.

Great Scottish period of play, no loose passes or wild throws to nowhere this time and Scotland keep it tight and keep making the gainline. Scrum five but a narrow decision...

do mine eyes deceive me or did the best player in the world just kick it out on the full?

sorry delayed reply

....and the Welsh scrum again saves the day. Great shove.

And yeah, the best player ever in the whole wide world x10 did just kick out on the full.

Penalty on the 22 now.
Should be an easy kick, even though Jones's boot is balls today. Nicely struck this time. 3 - 16 at half time.

not overly impressive from the Welsh given their dominance of possession, still though not many teams go in at Murrayfield at half time with a 13 point lead.

I was expecting so much more from both teams. Reasonable game so far but Scotland are bludgeoning themselves into submission. Literally.

Still though, on form here, no amount of "perfect training sessions" could help Wales if both Ireland and France take their match form to Wales...

Too many basic errors early on, though there weren't many outright try-scoring oppurtunities for Wales in that half, except the ones which we took and the one Shanklin f**ked up.
Scotland will be disappointed. Plenty of territory, a 13 point deficit to show for it.

delighted with Wyn Jones getting the try, that should salvage me something with my fantasy team.

Same problems as before, now with added knocking yourself the f*** out and getting yellow cards.
What is it with the first caps this year? That's two of them landed yellow cards for the same thing.

Scotland are playing ok, for Scotland. Looking like we might score some tries at times, it's really just the daft wee mistakes that are holding us back.

I still think we'll lose, hopefully by a respectable margin so we can at least say we're improving.

Wales look very comfortable within their patterns of play. They all seem to know what they're supposed to be doing and their defence is going well. I reckon they have plenty of gears to go up if needed...

Latest posts