Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Force 12-

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ah, I like it.

In the NH it's "Boring"

In the SH it's "Tactics".

Genious! [/b]
Spot on - ping-pong horror crosses the equator.

And when they ran the ball back from deep kicks it was still kind of ****.

Giteau and Steyn were the only players worth watching.

What did the ref blow up for in the line out at the end to rule that try out? The replays didn't really show the reason. Knock forward, throw not straight, other infringement?
[/b]
It could only be throw not straight...

I think the 22 metre rule makes the kicking game so much....which isn't a good thing....

And yes it's tactics in the SH coz we are more highly evolved then you brutish old worlders :p

I'm pretty sure the ref signalled a knock on, but the replays didn't give the angle on the lineout. I thought it was a score.

I didn't think anything was wrong with the lineout either, I assumed it was for disruption in the assembly.

After watching the match I felt that there was alot of kicking, and most of it seemed to be aimless due to the fact that the players could not kick straight into touch if the ball was passed back into them inside the 22. The young right wing for the Western Force, Nick Cummins, played very well and I truely believe that he will recieve his first Australian Cap in the next few years. Matt Giteau didn't really play the best mainly because he was pressurised by the Shark's defense, although he didn't go anything wrong bar his kick out on the full. For the Sharks the flanker who wore the red and black scrum cap, Jacques Botes, and also scored the Shark's only try played very well. I must say while watching the match it was very funny when *Beast* Mtawaerira got the ball and the crowd shouted "BBBEEEAAASSSTTT"

I thought that was a great match. Sharks dominant in the first half and Force with the edge in the second. Force needs to get better at the breakdown but weren't helped by the fact that Sharpe got a mysterious bout of food poisoning and a few dodgy 'not rolling away' calls. du Plessis played really well as did all the Force loosies. Both teams look impressive.

I didn't think anything was wrong with the lineout either, I assumed it was for disruption in the assembly.
[/b]
I thought it was fine too but looked over it and everything was right besides the straightness, the reports of the game confirm this....ah well, even if it was a fair try we'll get screwed out of it 9 times out of 10, see: Crusaders v Force 2006.
Force needs to get better at the breakdown but weren't helped by the fact that Sharpe got a mysterious bout of food poisoning and a few dodgy 'not rolling away' calls.
[/b]
We were rubbish at the breakdowns in ARC too, and our forwards were the same pack as in that....as for the poisoning, I think they may have sent Suzie over to Perth :p

EDIT: I was watching highlights of the game just then and they think the call was for knock on...so who knows why they called up that last play, I smell a conspiracy!

there was plenty of kicking in the crusaders v brumbies game too. neither team was willing to concede by kicking it out on the full after passing it back into the 22. I think ariel ping pong will be a tactic we see regularly in super 14 now with neither team willing to kick it out on the full and landing their kicks just outside the 22.

First half was all Sharks. But our finishing (which was our problem last year) is below par, our wingers never got any decent ball either. We should of been atleast 15 points ahead before the break. Giteau trying to take on du Plessis head on was funny. Muller was fantastic at lineout, disrupting the Force's ball often.
Second half was not good from a Sharks perspective. We need to play for 80 mins! This has been our problem for 10 years though. Steyn's 60 m place kick was quite a feat considering Durbans climate. And to the guy who asked how hot Durbs is, remember when those people died from heat stroke in France not too long ago? That's a normal summer day in Durbs.
The Force's try was pretty lucky, it bounced back far and straight into their hands. Silver tray stuff. Terblanche's try was pure class, ran a damn good line.
Btw BLR have you heard what the Aussie and Kiwi commentators do to Saffa names, especially Afrikaans names? My grandma would turn in her grave!

i liked how bismarck ran over some fools

also thought that kankowski/beast played well in defense.

but in general pretty boring game... too much kicking

Latest posts