• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs Italy, Sat 26 June, East London, 13:00 GMT, 15:00 local

I don't believe what I'm hearing. People have forgotten the dominance of BJ Botha and CJ van der Linde. Gurthro Steenkamp has been a useless, fat blob his entire career and now he has a couple of decent games and he must be put in over world-cup-winning CJ?

And I actually can't believe there's any doubt about BJ. He has is hugely respected up north as one of the best scrummagers in the world. Isn't he coming back to Durban or something? If he does play for the Sharks or any other Super14 team, you guys will deffinitely think twice before wanting to put in Jannie du Plessis. Come on. Jannie is mental in the head the way he gives away so many penalties. I still remember his stupid trip on some guy in this year's Super14. And mark my words, Gurthro's lucky streak will not last. He is a poor rugby player and always has been. Adi Jacobs even went through a stage where he looked good. I think that argument has been put to rest! Give it some time and he will go back to his useless, over-rated self.

You have got to play players on form (Guthro & Jannie) not on reputation. I am sure BJ and CJ will be back and I am sure PdV has got them on a conditioning programme for the future rugby tests. If not, he is an idiot!

Just like Danie Russouw deserves to be picked ahead of Bakkies on current form so these guyz are getting their just reward.
Rugbywriter: If a rugby player has made a career out of rugby and has achieved what Jannie and Guthro has you should not call them useless. They must be half decent to have won a world cup and a couple S14 ***les between them!

You have got to play players on form (Guthro & Jannie) not on reputation. I am sure BJ and CJ will be back and I am sure PdV has got them on a conditioning programme for the future rugby tests. If not, he is an idiot!

Just like Danie Russouw deserves to be picked ahead of Bakkies on current form so these guyz are getting their just reward.
Rugbywriter: If a rugby player has made a career out of rugby and has achieved what Jannie and Guthro has you should not call them useless. They must be half decent to have won a world cup and a couple S14 ***les between them!

I understand what you're saying, but Gurthro is useless and you guys will all see that verrrry soon. Last year hardly anyone wanted him in the Bulls and now all of a sudden he's being made out by some to be like a scrumming god (I don't mean you though). I may be able to come to terms with Jannie. If he stops giving away penalties I'll probably rate him.

I wouldn't put CJ anywhere near the test team until he completes at least a Currie Cup season without getting injured. The man is a liability and the biggest waste of money Leinster have made in a long time. Good player, but injury plagued.

BJ on the other hand was excellent for Ulster. However, in the interests of strengthening SA domestic rugby he should at least have to prove himself before winning back his Bokke jersey.

I wouldn't put CJ anywhere near the test team until he completes at least a Currie Cup season without getting injured. The man is a liability and the biggest waste of money Leinster have made in a long time. Good player, but injury plagued.

BJ on the other hand was excellent for Ulster. However, in the interests of strengthening SA domestic rugby he should at least have to prove himself before winning back his Bokke jersey.

Aaah, I knew I had my injured props the wrong way around
Or did I?
I wish I had Magners League access

Latest posts