• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa VS Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.
I TINK WALES SHOULD RETHINK THEIR TACTICS BECAUSE FOR ME THS WASNT THE BEST SPRINGBOK TEAM AND STIL THEY HAMMERD THE WALES

For people in France, the match is on Canal + sport (as most of the test matches beetween NH and SH)

Go on Walles

THE BOKS ARE GOING TO BEAT THE WALES NEXT SAT [/b]

capslock.jpg

Bok supporters don't talk about Steyn as if he were the best player in the world - he's not there yet, but his abilities are way ahead of anyone else. And yet the team does great without him. Amazing.

SA will win RWC 2011 - sorry ABs!

<div class='quotemain'> THE BOKS ARE GOING TO BEAT THE WALES NEXT SAT [/b]
NO THEYR NOT LIES
[/b][/quote]

ONOES U FOGUT THE APOSTRAVIE!

Curios that he never dives for his run in tries for ophspreys but he does for Wales, players have there own style, personally I was always one for touching it off the post.

I was a bit worried about the boks backline play. Their tries were all from turn-overs. None were from set phases. I mean, Habana and Chavhanga had no opportunities, because the ball just did'nt get to them.

Why is everyone having an orgy about Williams sidestepping Habana? It's Shane Williams FFS, he will side step anyone. I'm betting next week Habana is gonna run away from him to score, then he is also gonna "have a look around" :)

Seriously though, Wales were pretty ordinary. Didn't look like they wanted to be there. Dont be surprised if we see a 50+ scoreline next week, at Loftus...

I was a bit worried about the boks backline play. Their tries were all from turn-overs. [/b]
I remember a certain Crusaders style of play based on the counter attack....buck up boyo. ;)

<div class='quotemain'> I like shane williams, but really, stop shooting your load over that try. I'm a slow lock, and even i could beat Habana coming across field at full pace with a simple change of direction. That wasnt much compared to what the tiny ******* williams has done in the past :p [/b]

At least give us something, you demolished us! it was a very good try and all the better that it was Habana that Shane stepped. It obviously had an effect on Habana, because he seemed desperate to get a try from then on, and didn't look too happy that he didn't get one. And I'd honestly like to see you step Habana mate :p I'm a quick Winger and probably would get caught. And Shane isn't a ******* myn.
[/b][/quote]

Sure you could, honestly with the crap angle at which habana approcahed him it didnt make it hard. Still i really do like the way he glides through the line and changes direction so quickly.
ps. i wasnt really calling him a ******* as such, it was more of a jovial poke at his small stature :p

I remember a certain Crusaders style of play based on the counter attack....buck up boyo. wink.gif[/b]

All i'm saying is it's not something you can rely on...

I remember a certain Crusaders style of play based on the counter attack....buck up boyo. wink.gif[/b]
All i'm saying is it's not something you can rely on...[/b]
You can against Wales in the first game of the season under the old laws...hell, even the All Blacks didn't blow the Irish out of the water like you'd expect them to, if they are still playing with a one dimensional counter attacking game plan with not much else come Tri nations time that's when you should start being worried...at least you aren't in as bad position as the Wallabies. ;)

<div class='quotemain'>
All i'm saying is it's not something you can rely on...[/b]
You can against Wales in the first game of the season under the old laws...hell, even the All Blacks didn't blow the Irish out of the water like you'd expect them to, if they are still playing with a one dimensional counter attacking game plan with not much else come Tri nations time that's when you should start being worried...at least you aren't in as bad position as the Wallabies. ;)
[/b][/quote]
You can against Wales in the first game of the season under the old laws...hell, even the All Blacks didn't blow the Irish out of the water like you'd expect them to, if they are still playing with a one dimensional counter attacking game plan with not much else come Tri nations time that's when you should start being worried...at least you aren't in as bad position as the Wallabies. wink.gif[/b]

Yup, i agree. Good comment too. Besides, it's already a given that the tri nations is ours this year, no matter what our gameplan... :cheers:

I know what you mean about Beast, he was a 8th man only 4 years ago but from what I've seen of Mujati (granted I didn't watch all the Stormers games) he seems quite lazy fades away when he meets real opposition (NZ scrums). The Beast does get a good shoulder in, in most scrums but he is nowhere near our best scrummager. Even myself, a staunch Sharks supporter, raised an eye brow when his name got called out for the 30 man squad, however both got raised when Mujati got selected tongue.gif . He's is still young though, and I'm waiting to see the potential he has, as told by Stormer supporters.

Yeah I agree that Steyn hasn't done enough to secure a spot this season, especially at 15. Jantjies has been awesome this whole season, and has way more composure under the high ball. And Percy... well he's so damn dependable these days, the veteran is a great asset to the squad. Still a class player. Do you reckon he has another season in his legs? The Lions tour next year is a biggy, and we'll have to have all our bases covered.

We're not exactly spoilt for choice when it come to full-backs, so developing Steyn into a 15 could be a good idea. The Sharks wingers didn't see much ball when he played 13, his just to dominant with the ball at the moment.
[/b]

The only NZ scrum that we didn't do well against was the Crusaders' (and did any team scrum well against them?) We outscrummed the Blues and Chiefs with Mujati shouldering most of the responsibility. Aginst the Hurricanes we definitely had the upper hand, remember that 40m rolling maul that Mujati was in front of? Only when Moller became injured, that idiot Brok Harris replaced him and Mujati has to move to loosehead did we start struggling. And I can't remember how our scrum stood up to the Highlanders.
Point is, Mujati was anything but nonexistant against NZ. When he's plays well, our scrum does well. To be honest that's the reason I want him to succeed so much, there's no player who's important in The Stormers squad than him. So I really hope he can make the step up. I'll judge him properly at the end of the year though when he should've been tested enough.

I can't imagine that Percy will still be as good a player next year. But then I've been thinking that for the past few years and he's proved me wrong so it'll probably be the same. He's a great player to have around to pass his experience on.
I think Percy should be rested against Italy and we can have Steyn start at fullback to see how he does. Steyn's still young so he can be be developed as a fullback in the meanwhile and when Percy retires he'll probably be fighting with Jantjes for a starting place. Nothing wrong with playing in another position when you're needed (like Percy did yesterday), but this swopping him around has really messed him up.

Maybe if we're lucky Habana and Chavanga will get more of the ball next week. It's actually amazing have 3 super fast, brilliant wings on a rugby field at one time. Chavanga's defense was a bit disappointing though, especially since his defense was so good during the Super 14. But it's his 1st game back from injury so let's hope heregains his spark next week. [/b]

I think that 40m rolling maul you're talking about was against the Highlanders, unless you guys had 2 of those in the S14. The Blues scrum wasn't that strong (more a consistency problem than a skill problem) this year, the Sharks took care of them pretty easily in Durban. Pretty sure that J du Plessis and BEAST were behind that one. Our forwards dragged the backs into semi's, the Sharks backline were the let down of the comp.

The Chiefs were in that very close group who were fighting it out for a semi-final spot so I'll give him that one as well.

But I still think his not a Bok starter, we have a few props that are better than him and he's our 3rd choice IMO, although he had to make his international cap eventually. He's still young and is definitely getting better at club level. It could be worse though, remember the days when Eddie Andrews was in the runnings... not good!!

I think the Tri-Nations will decide whether Percy is worth being part of the teams future, with the Lions Tour next year being a big goal for PdV.

I have a feeling PdV is gonna field a strong team next weekend, try out the strongest together and get some combinations going before the Tri-Nations start. If he does it will either be a 40+ - point romp; or a 15+ - point victory with the aim being getting some continuity going. Against Italy he'll probably give some new guys more of a run. I wonder were Percy is considered part of the strongest starting 15 or a back up to play with new guys in PdV's plans. Jantjies stated his case on Saturday, showing he's ready to take over from Percy.

yes, watch that welsh fans :)

what a boy!!

i dont give a ****, rugbys bout opinions, and my opinion is that shane williams is the most exciting and dangerous player on the planet

[/b]

You would fit in so well at the 606 blogs..

I wanna see Chavhanga, Habana and Williams all chase a massive kick into open space. :(

Oh, btw, i didn't like watching the old rules, seemed funny that play just stopped the whole time...

I think that 40m rolling maul you're talking about was against the Highlanders, unless you guys had 2 of those in the S14. The Blues scrum wasn't that strong (more a consistency problem than a skill problem) this year, the Sharks took care of them pretty easily in Durban. Pretty sure that J du Plessis and BEAST were behind that one. Our forwards dragged the backs into semi's, the Sharks backline were the let down of the comp.

The Chiefs were in that very close group who were fighting it out for a semi-final spot so I'll give him that one as well.

But I still think his not a Bok starter, we have a few props that are better than him and he's our 3rd choice IMO, although he had to make his international cap eventually. He's still young and is definitely getting better at club level. It could be worse though, remember the days when Eddie Andrews was in the runnings... not good!!
[/b]

That maul was definitely against the hurricanes. Our scrum was pathetic when we played the highlanders, I can't believe we got another rolling maul going. I agree that Mujati isn't 3rd choice, I think he was lucky to get into the starting team. But I'll maintain that he's class until he proves me wrong.

habana would have probably stepped williams aswell if it was the other way round...but it was still a very good try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts