• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks: post RWC general discussion

Juan Smith - sad but true that one more bump on the head and his career is over, think past him lads.
I want a coach that would lure proper talent like Schalk Brits back to South Africa.
One that does not allow the senior players to rule the team and the way they play.
I really don't care who they pick as long as he is respected and treated fairly.

With the amount of talent and the structures in this country I don't even want to try and select possible players for the June 2012 test series against England.
See how the young guns come though in the Super15, it is a new era starting and it is going to be beautiful

As for Bryce Lawrence, I wish him nothing worse that being raped by a gang of silverback gorillas - please take photo's

coaches: Mitchell or Plumtree... but Naka drotsky has to be in there!!! love what he has done to the cheetahs and the rugby they play... they by far the best team in SA/or play the best rugby...for me atleast...

8. Johnson
9. Sarel/hougaard
10. Sias/lambie
11. basson/aPLON/sadie
12.DE jOGN
13. eberson/fourie/sadie
14. Mvovo/aplon/sadie
15. aplon/frans/lambie

Last edited:
For me, either Mitchell or Plum but we need some out-of-the-box thinking (the box being South African conservatism)

Young lads like Lambie, Goosen, Sithole, de Jongh, Hougaard, Coetzee, Deysel, Elstadt, Taute and Vermeulen need to be in the squad. I don't get the whole Johnson fetish lately from some people. He is the worst Springbok since Jaco VDW.

All will depend on the game preferred by the coach. My post RWC starting 15:

1. Mtawarira
2. Bismarck
3. Herbst/Kruger
4. Elstadt/Mostert/Bresler (if eligible)
5. Bekker/Hargreaves
6. Brüssow/Daniel
7. Burger/Alberts/Deysel/Raubenheimer
8. Vermeulen/Strauss/Daniel
9. Hougaard/Pienaar/Vermaak
10. Lambie/Goosen/S. Ebersohn
11. Hougaard/Pietersen/Mvovo
12. F. Steyn/Lambie/de Jongh
13. Foutie/de Jongh/Sadie/Kirchner (just kidding)
14. Basson/Aplon/Sithole/Taute
15. Taute/Ludik/Lambie

This all with my eye on 2015 of course and with my eye on success in the long run. No short-term thinking please

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

How about this for a backline...

9. Hougaard
10. Goosen or S.Ebersohn
11. Mvovo/Aplon (Aplon is getting a bit on in years though right?)
12. F. Steyn/De Jongh
13. R.Ebersohn/De Jongh
14. Sithole/Pietersen/Basson
15. Taute/Lambie

A bit young but hey, I think that's what we need right now. Youth!

Ah crap the Chinese are here!! first you buy over our politicians, then influence them not to give the Dalai Lama a visa to our country, then that ****** off Desmond Tutu who hardly is ever mad, and now you invade my beloved forum...

What is this world coming to???

Wait, does the chinese even play rugby???

Bryce Lawrence changed jobs, on Monday he started working for RIMM (BlackBerry)

Last edited:

Latest posts