• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Commonwealth Games

G

getofmeland

Right with the Commonwealth Games about to start next week in Melbourne....

The Pools are as Follows

Pool A:
New Zealand
Kenya
Wales
Nambia

Pool B:
Fiji
Scotland
Canada
Zambia

Pool C:
England
Australia
Cook Island
Sri Lanka

Pool D:
South Africa
Samoa
Tonga
Uganda

To View the whole Schedule via PDF Click here

With one gold medal on offer, 16 teams will compete at Telstra Dome in Docklands over two fast-paced days of competition based on the rules of the International Rugby Board (IRB) and with a format similar to that of all Rugby 7s World Series events.

A total of 42 games will be played, as teams will compete in four pools in a round-robin format. Performance within the pools will determine each team's progression through to the final rounds.

It'll be on BBC, how much they show live is another thing, should be on their webstream so you shouldn't miss much then.

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 10 2006, 10:13 AM
my moneys on australlia
Australia even

I dunno ,looks like a great team on paper but not alot of recent 7's experience.

I think England proved in the US that great defence can win tournaments...... so if you look at the Aussie players chosen you notice they all have great defence plus alot of guys that are hard to tackle............... oh...and the master....GITEAU.

Its gonna come down to England,Australia,NZ,SA and Fiji..... any of these can win it..... i have no idea.

Fiji for sure. New Zealand isn't on a very good run of form. England could win but Fiji I think is more determined.

wales were unlucky - they played ok when they had the ball - id be shocked if they didnt reach the qf.

Wales weren't unlucky. They only had a couple of opportunities, and they took them. they were just outplayed.

fiji look very strong but real silly and they mucked around alot..if they continue with that attitude of 'playing around'..one teams gonna knock em outta the tournament all together...

when they did play to they strengths they seemed unstoppable...

new zealand look alright but the team doesnt look as balanced...they have more solid stronger players than any real speedsters barring soseni anesi..

im still thinkin either england or fiji to win this thing

The only game they've shown is a bit of the Wales NZ match......... this sux

its all swimming heats

btw Anesi looked pretty ****..... i thought he'd be alot better.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 16 2006, 02:58 PM

its all swimming heats

He looked like he was trying to play a 15's game most of the time. He will get better soon enough though.

Aye chiro, you're right. Goldilocks looks like the only guy with any pace aside from Anesi....

Originally posted by kaftka+Mar 16 2006, 02:06 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Mar 16 2006, 02:58 PM

its all swimming heats

He looked like he was trying to play a 15's game most of the time. He will get better soon enough though.

Aye chiro, you're right. Goldilocks looks like the only guy with any pace aside from Anesi.... [/b]
Yeah evey time i see goldilocks play he's awesome..

do you guys get all the 7's games

If they dont start showing the 7s soon i'm gonna have to fork out the $65 for the FOX ppv coverage (********)

Half time in Australias first match 31-0 against Sri Lanka

Tuqiri's putting the stamp on a few of these Lankans

Australia won there first game 73-0..... the Sri Lankans were scared to even run the ball at them once they got hit a few times.

Its hard to tell how good they are yet........ i think they might not have enough pace for England........ all our players are pretty big..... but they have good defence.

Should be a good game tonight against England.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Mar 16 2006, 11:33 AM
fiji look very strong but real silly and they mucked around alot..if they continue with that attitude of 'playing around'..one teams gonna knock em outta the tournament all together...

when they did play to they strengths they seemed unstoppable...

new zealand look alright but the team doesnt look as balanced...they have more solid stronger players than any real speedsters barring soseni anesi..

im still thinkin either england or fiji to win this thing
well they're just getting used to the field and just settling...thats how they always do it..when they make it to the semi's or the final, they'll have the same attitude..more of a relaxed attitude...until sum1 see's a gap..

hey we created the "only one touch" game
:D

Latest posts