Votes: 418 53.8%
  • Both

Votes: 279 35.9%

• Total voters
RC = Fifa.
RWC = Fifa WC.

Holla.

Last edited:
There's a lot of people on this forum who don't want to get this game....Odd....

I was a Sidhe fan boy but to be honest I see this as an investment and will be getting both. I'm hoping RWC will be so awesome the EA monster comes in again and we have a boheamoth of all rugby games united!

Rugby Challenge is out on 9th September too which is lame....

Bring on 26th August, booked the day off work already, I'm going to smash this game out of existence, will have every possible match, tournament, difficulty done in a week and will still keep on going WOOP

I voted both. was playing 98 earlier and realised, i dont care which is better as long as we dont have to wait four more years for another rugby game. Buy both, invest in the future. Bye bye domestic bliss!

Ps. Does anyone want a girlfriend for September? She cooks, cleans and has great tablemanners...pm me

There's a lot of people on this forum who don't want to get this game....Odd....

I was a Sidhe fan boy but to be honest I see this as an investment and will be getting both. I'm hoping RWC will be so awesome the EA monster comes in again and we have a boheamoth of all rugby games united!

Rugby Challenge is out on 9th September too which is lame....

Bring on 26th August, booked the day off work already, I'm going to smash this game out of existence, will have every possible match, tournament, difficulty done in a week and will still keep on going WOOP

I voted both. was playing 98 earlier and realised, i dont care which is better as long as we dont have to wait four more years for another rugby game. Buy both, invest in the future. Bye bye domestic bliss!

Ps. Does anyone want a girlfriend for September? She cooks, cleans and has great tablemanners...pm me

Hilarious finish there mate. :lol:

Ordered All Blacks Challenge for PC today as pre release in New Zealand to be shipped to the USA. The idea having multiple leagues and the graphics just won me over. plus you are going to be able to create your own league . I know I will create the Currie cup, An Aussie equivalent of the ITM. A Super European league and also a world league or a provincial/club world cup....I cannot wait... also the US Superleague... I will also buy a copy of the rugby world cup for the Xbox , afterall I have been waiting 4 years for it....

"RWC only" has dropped below 10%... on the RWC forum! Plenty getting both though

Would love to see a collaberation for future games, though nothing like healthy competition to improve rugby game standards

For me its going to be interesting to see what Getofmeland says about the game, guaranteed if he finds something at fault with the game, people will come down on him like a sack of spuds.

People have already judged RWC'11 and to be honest RC for these people can do no wrong. So as I said be interesting to see what Getofmeland.

If there's no bias on here (mods the people who have played both products!!) personally outline the cons for both games in your opinions i see a-lot of defending of both without proper reviewing

If I wanted rugby 2008, I would go buy rugby 2008.

Played the demo on the 360 for rwc2011, and all it is, is a nice looking, very marginally improved rugby 2008, all this 'bs' about not re-using old content, I don't buy a word of it. So thoroughly disappointed, was going to buy both of them but after playing that demo and watching the challenge gameplay trailer, I see no competition, hands down challenge wins. Good job HB in ruining a good opportunity.
Though maybe rwc2011 will actually be somewhere near good on harder difficulty but I very highly doubt it. especially based on previous games where all the harder difficulty did was increase the tackle radius (the distance which you would have to be in before the player would tackle you) oh and dive tackles are still 'f'ing stupid, o wow he's going to get away and he's faster, I know I'll dive and miraculously gain 5m on the player.
Grr so frustrated, but so glad that it looks like challenge is going to come through =)
looks as though tackling is going to have to be done realistically, as in not just diving every time, and changing direction won't be near instant. O and running close support won't just result in instant tackle, and small gaps at high speed seem to be make-able, but it may not be as good as it looks, but still from that demo and the trailer, I can't see it being worse than rwc2011.
O and the biggest things is that it has the itm cup =)
go the TURBOS!!!!
Crudens corner.

Played the demo on the 360 for rwc2011, and all it is, is a nice looking, very marginally improved rugby 2008, all this 'bs' about not re-using old content

Who on earth said that they weren't re-using some content? My understanding was that almost everyone accepts that this builds firmly on the foundation of things implemented on Rugby '08 with some new features.

Please show us who thought this would be an all new game at any point? I'd like to tell them off for saying so myself (providing that your statement can be backed up). :)

I'm sure your not biased towards a game that features your beloved Turbos but that ending to your post sure looks like it says "I love games that feature my team no matter how they play". Although I'm sure it's not the case and just how it looks. :)

By the way, I'm thinking Rugby Challenge looks awesome too. Right now it looks better than RUgby World Cup 2011, I just hope it plays as well. Looking forward to trying it when it's out. :D

I believe HB repeatedly stated they tried to make it like previous games....they weren't exactly singing from the rooftops that it's all new from scratch new ideas etc.etc.etc.

I believe HB repeatedly stated they tried to make it like previous games....they weren't exactly singing from the rooftops that it's all new from scratch new ideas etc.etc.etc.

I think the key word in your post is repeatedly. Maybe not James Mander above, but I think a lot of people do seem to want to be angry and if they can't quite justify that level of anger well enough they'll start thinking that guarantees or promises were made that weren't.

It's a bit like TRF staff apparently "raving" about Rugby World Cup 2011. I don't think a single staff member has "raved" about it. Is liking something and thinking, "hey not bad, it's a bit better" is raving? I guess for some words are whatever you want them to mean rather than their definition. :)

^^^^^^
So does this mean its been delayed then???? Their probably making our GAV as we speak :p

Maybe that's just for NA release that it's on September 6th?
It's on Gamespot UK but the article seems to American or Canadian (using $ instead of £ and mentioning NA release of RC)

Latest posts