• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Festive Thread

Is anyone actually feeling festive yet?

Between working a full time job (in a shitty warehouse) and being at uni full time on the side I don't feel festive in the slightest - my next day off is Christmas Eve, so I'm planning on smashing through all my favourite christmas specials (blackadder, gavin and stacey, couple of vicar of dibleys) and some Christmas films while getting inappropriately drunk, as is my Christmas Eve tradition.

Just cracked on Elf tonight, to try and raise my spirits.

I did notice one of the owners cracked out my Christmas banner/logo at the top of the site so at least that's adding a bit of festivity to the place :p

I started wearing my bah-humbug hat yesterday.
People still don't get the hint

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

TBH i love this time of year, but this year I have had so much **** happen to me recently that it's actually depressing as ****.

Need to watch Die Hard and Bad Santa in the next couple of days to hopefully pick me up.

TBH i love this time of year, but this year I have had so much **** happen to me recently that it's actually depressing as ***.

I'm that same, though without the *touch wood* actual bad things happening, just exhausted from burning the candle at both ends the past few months.
Really love Christmas, just not feeling it atm

I'm really looking forward to Xmas. I, too, have had a tough year so I'm keen to spend quality time with the family and my Sky subscription.

Merry Christmas too all ye folks.

And Olyy/Tigs keep the head up and while it may have been a tough year with hectic workloads or misfortune always know tough times don't last but tough people do.

Also Olyy on the Elf movie great shout. That and Fred Claus are my 2 movies every year

I like Christmas. I normally jump in the sea then spend the rest of the day waiting for my testes and scared little pecker to descend while drinking those limited edition Smithwicks. Usually I'll wonder if Kwanza is just special Christmas for black people or an attempt to piggyback a vague holiday on an already popular holiday like Christianity did with Christmas and the Winter solstice. I won't actually bother to google it though.

I'm looking forward to my traditional Christmas eve binge of Jingle all the way, Muppets Christmas Carol and Father Ted Christmas special though.

(i will not be watching the tigers v saracens game! Not wanting to risk ruining Christmas with that game).

Happy Christmas everyone except Leicester supporters

This year is my first Christmas away from my own family, I'm with the girlfriend's family on Christmas Day and in the buildup. New experiences, new traditions etc, going to be strange but looking forward to it.

Anyone else doing anything new/different/dangerous/exciting? Or just sticking to your normal traditions?

Well, my mother has just changed the plans - she was going to go to her own church on Sunday (it's alway been important that it's her own church); swing by us, so that I can do the driving down to my brother's for Christmas.
She's just decided that she'll be with us by lunchtime tomorrow - so that's 3 meals we suddenly have to cater for...

Oh, and she's announced at the same time that she's giving veganism a try.

My brother's laughter was cut short when I told him that part.

**** me, cracked my tooth now it's hurting like a *****.
Dentist isn't open now till Wednesday. :(
Going to have to stock up on Ibuprofen and co-codamol.

FML!!!! :mad: