• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Leinster thread

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Amazingly for all the crying in some sectors of D4 (not aimed at here) Leinster will have more NIQ's on the books next year than us :)

Will they?

Lowe, Fardy... is whatshisface staying on?

Munster have... Botha, Cloete... Taute? is Mathewson definitely away or is he just not signed on yet? Is Taute away?

Will they?

Munster have... Botha, Cloete... Taute? is Mathewson definitely away or is he just not signed on yet? Is Taute away?

We'll have Lowe, Fardy and Tomane. Munster have Botha and Cloete (I think), Taute is off.

Will they?

Taute away and Alby. Cloete and Botha. will be here.
They will have Lowe and Fardy and Tomane.

Leo signed on to complete the double double-double in 2021.

Lanc too. We're going to continue to be so so class!
Lancaster has a get out clause it's reported though. 6weeks notice for any head coach role or international role. And is unclear if it's a 1 year deal or 2

Think Lancaster will be tough to keep long term if he's not the out and out number one, he's too good. That said I don't think international rugby is where he thrives. Very clear he's top class at nurturing and identifying talent, motivating players and getting buy in for a system which can all be difficult working with players from teams from dispondent styles and only limited time. I'm sure he as a highly motivated coach wouldn't agree though and will take the right international shot if it comes along. Curious to see what sort of club job would interest him after the highs of Leinster if that's the way he goes.

Think Lancaster will be tough to keep long term if he's not the out and out number one, he's too good. That said I don't think international rugby is where he thrives. Very clear he's top class at nurturing and identifying talent, motivating players and getting buy in for a system which can all be difficult working with players from teams from dispondent styles and only limited time. I'm sure he as a highly motivated coach wouldn't agree though and will take the right international shot if it comes along. Curious to see what sort of club job would interest him after the highs of Leinster if that's the way he goes.
This is what I think is very interesting. This role he is in now is exactly what he loves. No real pressure, highly respected and is bot caught up in the crappy side but left to coaching. I think he does wish he was closer to home but definitely don't think he's unhappy. I think clauses are just a in case a perfect fit personally comes up

I think Lancaster has a job that's perfect for him, both that it's in Ireland given that he's widely liked and respected here and it's not really the same in England, and that his current role is perfect for him. Realistically at the end of the day it's a club job where he's no No.1, if the right job comes we can't compete.

It's brilliant to see both Leo Cullen and Stuart Lancaster stick around next season. They complement each other really well.

Cullen's incredibly successful playing career with Leinster gives him gravitas with the players and his background in PR helps him handle the media aspect of the job. It allows Lancaster get on with the day to day coaching of players at which he excels.

Dan Cron and Robin McBryde are the leading contenders for the Leinster scrum coaching job when John Fogarty steps into the Ireland role according to the Independent.

Devin Toner and Ross Molony coming back into contention means Scott Fardy won't be indispensable. The knock on effect is James Lowe comes back into consideration for Toulouse.

The positive of having sown up their conference so early is Leinster have three weeks at home to prepare for a Euro semi final. It's their only meaningful game in April and hopefully until May 11.

I could see JGP dropping out as well, especially after presumably failing a HIA. Dave Kearney played very well against Ulster but he's got nothing on Lowe really. When Toner is back I could see us going with a Fardy-Ruddock-Conan backrow with two of SOB/Deegan/Molony on the bench. I love Adam Byrne but I'd have Rob Kearney in at 15 as well with Larmour on the wing.

I just hope we get Henshaw back, I think he'll make the biggest difference.

I'm hearing very bad rumours on the grapevine re. Dan's injury.

Can any of you lot confirm it isn't as bad as I've been lead to believe?

Latest posts