• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Transformers is bilge. Good quote on Twilight/Harry Potter...
[h=6]"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend." -- Stephen King[/h]

Just watched 'Limitless' starring Bradley Cooper (is that his name?)

Not bad. Interesting concept, would be amazing if we could actually use 100% of our brains. Imagine the possibilities!

I watched it for my yearly tradition my favourite movie of ALL TIME,

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know whether to post this in the TRF "Make me Laugh" thread or this one. Either would have done!!

Here is a little maths formula for determining what your favourite movie is.

[TEXTAREA][FONT=&amp]Be honest and don't look at the movie list below till you have done the math! [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Try this test and find out what movie is your favourite. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]This amazing math quiz can likely predict which of 18 movies you would enjoy the most. It really works...for MOST of us anyway! [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1. Pick a number from 1-9. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
2. Multiply by 3.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
3. Add 3.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
4. Multiply by 3 again.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
5. Now add the two digits of your answer together to find your predicted favourite movie in the list of 18 movies below.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
Movie List:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1. Gone With the Wind [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]2. E.T. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]3. Blazing Saddles [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]4. Star Wars [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]5. Forrest Gump [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]6. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]7. Jaws [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]8. Grease [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]9. Broke Back Mountain [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]10. Casablanca [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]11. Jurassic Park [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]12. Shrek [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]13. Pirates of the Caribbean [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]14. ***anic [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]15. Raiders of the Lost Ark [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]16. Home Alone [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]17. Mrs. Doubtfire [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]18. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [/FONT]

[/TEXTAREA]

I got Brokeback Mountain. ;)

Haha me too. Im assuming all the answers lead to that movie. I'm not homophobic or anything but that was a disturbing movie to watch.. Actually I'm a little homophobic haha.

True. I think, even though we may use 100% of our brain, we certainly can't control how much and when we use it.
I think if we had utter control we would be able to fight off diseases etc.
When we sleep, we probably use 100% unknowingly. An example is a dream. The things our brains can make us think are real and the different sensations. You all know what I'm talking about.. Wet dreams haha. There's also this thing I do in my sleep where I grind my teeth together. That takes such force, I couldn't even get close to generating that much power to recreate it when I'm awake. So imagine how much power or strength other parts of our body could generate if we were able to use more of our brain power. We could be capable of some amazing feats.
Would be interesting if this movie were true. I saw it a couple weeks ago.

The missus made me watch Twilight (3 or 4) Yesh!

violence+cartoon2.jpg

Saw the Inbetweeners movie last Thursday the 18th. Have to say, quite impressed. Very funny even if a bit cringe-worthy at times. :lol:

I just watched Kick-Ass for the first time.

Now, when it first came out I remember there was a bit of an out-cry exposing a +-10 year old girl to all sorts of blood shed and gore, but...

Sometimes I thought I was watching bloody (no pun intended) Saw IV! WTF is up with that director? I'm nae one for the pansy parade, but grief that guy has one hell of a view on the morality/ sanity of things...

I didn't really like Kick-Ass, a lot of my friends did but for some reason I found it a bit boring and the main character irritated the living shite out of me.

Watched Your Highness this weekend, not that great, could've been much better. Funny parts but that's about it. 5/10

I enjoyed X-Men First Class, decent action and story. Fun to watch. 7.5/10

Drive.

Do yourselves a favor and watch this film. Amazing cast, score and writing. Extremely violent and yet it is an action film for people that don't like action films.

Lol, I just saw a documentary involving a guy called Phoenix Jones, look him up, real life Kick-Ass right there lmao!!...

I just saw Thor, thought it was mediocre, but it set me up anticipating the avengers, so I guess it was a success.

Latest posts