• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Show

ah someone trying to jump on the bandwagon.... NO ONE was interested when we first mentioned doing this... now we are gonna get loads of little ones, would be much better to have one singular one!!!

Meh, it doesn't have to be associated with you guys, but it would help. It was actually something I considered before but never got around to it. Now there is a nice little site that rhys has given us and I have the newest version of GarageBand so it's all good. I can find other ways to get the exposure, but this is a good way to start.

w3lsh that was absolutely awesome!!! if u can like give us a schedule of what ur tapings and what topics u discuss i would try like hell to set aside some dates to help out

wow your show was ace ryhs !

i was just wondering since your welsh or anyone who knows this , if you could tell me why the welsh coach (gareth jenkins i think) was late home from the summer tour to argentina this year .

Thanks Cammie :)

Thanks guys! And Mr Lax, perhaps we could incorporate our shows? by maybe having your bit into my show? Or many other possibilites which I can't think of right now! Ha!

Yeah sure! I'll record the first show first and then you can have a listen and we'll see what happens from then.

SOME VERY EXCITING NEWS!!!

Guys, I have recently been in contact with a minor record label based in Melbourne called Popboomerang. It looks likely we will be able to strike up a deal in the near future, where I can play music from artists signed to the label during my shows. There is a chance that people who like the music and then order albums from the Popboomerang site could get a discount just by mentioning my Podcast!! Also, it is probable that should there be a merger between mine and Rhys' podcast that the deal will carry over.

My first episode will be up before the start of the S14.

That is exciting news there mate!

I also have some news that Episode Two shall be coming very soon, on Sunday infact! Nice deal, and it seems that a merger is ever more likely. I'll be in contact...

Certainly.... I should receive some sampler CD's within the week and hopefully a deal will be struck in 2 to 3. The first episode of the Aussie Rugby Wrap should be up by the end of this week - if I get the time!

This is a note showing the forthcoming recordings at the moment, subject to change...

THE RUGBY SHOW
Series One

EPISODE TWO: Sunday 14th January
EPISODE THREE: Sunday 28th January
EPISODE FOUR: Sunday 11th February
EPISODE FIVE: Sunday 25th February
EPISODE SIX: Sunday 11th March
EPISODE SEVEN: Sunday 25th March
EPISODE EIGHT: Sunday 8th April
EPISODE NINE: Sunday 22nd April
EPISODE TEN: Sunday 6th May
END OF UNION SEASON SPECIAL: Sunday 27th May

PRE-WORLD CUP: Sunday 26th August

If the merger takes place then this will change…

So, if any of you want to create anything for any of these episodes, that would be much appreciated. I've already got a six nations preview being produced for 28th jan episode. However, some six nations reound-ups during the tournament would be useful!

Cheers,
Rhys.

Guys, great news!! My first episode is FINISHED!!!

Check it out!

The Aussie Rugby Wrap

I will be in contact with Rhys through e-mail vey soon. I've thought about the situation and have decided on an option which I am prepared to go along with. I will probably make an episode every second week during the season and just do a few little headlines to be included in Rhys's show every other week. Hopefully I will be able to post my FULL episodes on Rhys's page as well to make it easier for all concerned (creators and listeners). Rhys, however will be able to play music in every one of his shows - whether I'm in it or not - if the deal with Popboomerang goes ahead.

What do you guys think??

EPISODE TWO has been released...

..And I would much appreciate feedback, cheers.

Rhys. :D
[/b]

Ok. I feel like I'm n my own in saying this but I couldn't sit through the entire show. I listened to half of it and i'm afraid i had to turn it off.
Now i'm not here just to slag you off i want to give some constructive criticism, which you can choose to accept or not.

- It sounds like you haven't rehearsed your show in advance. There are certain things that throw you, which shouldn't. One example when you couldn't pronounce the word 'Cruciate'.
- You also sputter alot, huge hesitations in getting some words out, often in the middle of a sentence, which is like watching Ross in an episode of Friends and is quite frankly....erm...you know...annoying. It sounds like nervousness again, it all leads to sounding like you haven't rehearsed.
- It feels like I'm listening to some random BBC programme back in the 1930's where everything is spoken without much enthusiasm, and read from a sheet with a stiff upper lip. It doesn't sound like you're enjoying yourself and that makes it tedious and very difficult to listen to.
- Finally it sounds like you need to research some more issues if you are going to report on it. Such as the problems with the Heineken Cup as far as the English and French sides are concerned and where you (on air) state, "I don't understand it to be honest." and move on to say "Anyway..." It sounded very amateurish and not very knowledgeable.

I hope I haven't offended you too much wtih that, i don't want any of this to be taken personally, it was just my views on why I couldn't enjoy the show.

Mate, very appreciated criticism there, at least someone has had the guts!! Anyway, I knew after the episode was released that it was crap, but I just felt like getting something out, as I thought people would be expecting it. Some things were read off a sheet, and some things weren't. It was all a bit of a mess.

Here's a promise that Sunday's episode will be alot better.

I'm going to listen again this week and that's because of these reasons: -

1) You seem to be a sound lad.
2) You've got a passion for rugby, which is great.
3) You're out doing something i wouldn't be brave enough to do and that gets my respect.

Big hand for taking hte ciriticism so maturely.
When the BBC rejects my script i curse them for a few days before i can accept what they have to say. :)

A lot of respect, mate...

Latest posts