• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Another rumour floating from Connacht is now the Madigan deal may cause a knock on effect to Henshaw future.

Steenson, by any chance?

He's playing really well for Exeter, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on if they sign Devoto.

Contracted until 2018.

Other than that, the options I can think of are McKinney from Rotherham, or maybe McKinley now the IRFU is part of the goggles trial. The latter one would be a cool story.

McKinley was mentioned but Steenson has been rumoured. Exeter have been contacted I understand with enquires.

I assume Mauger has realised all English backs are rubbish so he's having a whole foreign backline soon.

Would be a replacement for Goneva and some others I guess.

Personally would love to lure Lewington back or sign a Stephenson or Devoto but can't see it happening ATM.

Backline of
9) Youngs
10) Burns/Williams
11) Betham
12) Toomua
13) Manu
14) Pieterson
15) Veainu

21) Harrison
22) Williams/Burns
23) Tait/Smith

Looks nice.

Have some decent backs coming through.

If we stay up Lewington is going nowhere just signed a new contract and guaranteed a start every week

Would be a replacement for Goneva and some others I guess.

Personally would love to lure Lewington back or sign a Stephenson or Devoto but can't see it happening ATM.

Backline of
9) Youngs
10) Burns/Williams
11) Betham
12) Toomua
13) Manu
14) Pieterson
15) Veainu

21) Harrison
22) Williams/Burns
23) Tait/Smith

Looks nice.

Have some decent backs coming through.
For the biggest club in the country that's not a very home grown backline.

For the biggest club in the country that's not a very home grown backline.

3 out of 10 academy players not great.

Have some good backs coming through U20 and under though.

Also had a big overhaul in the academy management last season.

Brought in the sale academy manager as well.

Brought in the sale academy manager as well.

Aye, worrying that.

Without wanting to sound too one-eyed, we do have a good academy, and do supply a decent amount of players to other clubs.
So you've now got a guy who:
A) Knows who all our best talents are
and
B.) Is good at spotting/developing young talent

Last edited:
I think every supporter wants their clubs to use more academy players. I hate it when any club brings in a foreign player and forces an academy player to leave or not get any game time.

I think every supporter wants their clubs to use more academy players. I hate it when any club brings in a foreign player and forces an academy player to leave or not get any game time.

Agree with that.

Although the players we have brought in not many are directly in front of a academy player ATM.

Hopefully over the next 2 years things will change.

Jack Walker --> Bath
Jamie Cudmore --> Quins
Alex Lozowski --> Sarries
David Pocock --> Wasps

Latest posts