• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Custom Face Design Tracker

It's an issue with your game settings/options. Check your display options in the game, make sure "Force LOD" is set to "High". In a couple of your videos it looks like it's set to a much lower quality level. If you change this on your profile you'll also need to re-do any resolution mods afterwards.

Antialiasing to 4x, complex shadows, Force LOD high and pitch details "on" basically turn everything up to max.

A bunch of heads from 6 Nations teams, re-did Marchand as I didn't like v1, this also includes Mack Hansen, Garry Ringrose, JVDF, Stephen Varney and Cyril Baille, and I've re-assigned some player heads:

Untitled.png

hansen.png ringrose.png jvdf.png varney.png baille.png marchand.png

Attachments

• Heads 1902.zip
    1 MB · Views: 50
A tutorial on copying vertex assignments to a custom head model and setting up a model for use in Rugby 08, sorry it's quite wordy:

2. Import a default head with skeleton to Blender, or use the template file I have provided here. My template also includes a body model to help with positioning and scaling of the head.

3. Copy your custom head to the same Blender project. Scale the custom head to line up the position of the eyes, mouth, nose etc. of the default one.

copy head to template.png

4. In Object mode, in the preview window click on your custom head, then shift-click the skeleton. Right click in the window to bring up the context menu, then select "Parent - with empty groups". Once done click on any blank space in the preview window to apply the parent. This assigns the custom head with the vertex groups of the skeleton, in the vertex group menu should be 50 Groups including Hips, Lowerspine, Rtoe etc.

assign parent.png

5. The next steps copy the vertex group assignments from the template model onto your custom model. Vertex assignments are needed to tell the game what each bit of the head does. These can be done manually instead, but it is time consuming.

The head NEEDS to have UpperSpine, Neck and Head groups assigned, and ALL vertices must be assigned to at least one of these 3 groups, otherwise it will not appear in-game correctly. Vertices can be in more than one group, for example all vertices in the UpLip group will also be assigned to the Head group.

6. In object mode, in the preview window click on the template/default head, then shift-click onto your custom head. Change from "Object mode" to "Weight paint mode". If done correctly your custom head will appear dark blue in colour.

weight paint mode.png

7. In weight paint mode click on the weights context button, then "Transfer Weights". In the sub-menu that appears at the bottom of the tab change "Source Layers Selection" to "By Name". Once done click on any blank space in the preview window to apply the transfer.

weights menu.png transfer weights.png

8. The auto-transfer needs to be cleaned to work in the game. click the weights context button again, then "Clean". In the sub-menu at the bottom of the page change "Subset" to "All Groups" and increase the threshold to around 0.1. Once done click on any blank space in the preview window to apply the cleaning.

9. If the above has worked you can test the assignments in Edit mode by selecting a group and click the "Select" button in the group menu, which will highlight the current assignment for that group. You can use the Assign and Remove buttons here to correct any of the groups. Once assignments are done you can delete any template models etc. you should be left with only your custom head and the skeleton.

vertex groups copied.png

10. In the vertex colors section, remove any existing vertex color indexes by clicking the minus button. Once the menu is empty click the plus button to add 1 color index. If there is no vertex color index the head will appear very dark in the game.

11. Change the name of the material on your head to mat1 [LitTexture2IrradSkinSubSurfSpec,tex1:dirt] . Any additional materials can be named mat2, mat3 etc. with the same parentheses following. For example mat2 can be for a scrumcap or hair model.

12. Change the base color mode of your material to "Image texture" and make sure your image texture name contains no more than 4 characters. The normal names to use are "face.png" and "hair.png". These names MUST match the texture names as listed in your Textures.fsh file.

material name.png

13. In Object mode, click on your model, press ctrl A and in the context menu click apply "All Transforms". The model can now be exported to a .gltf file, make sure the export format is "gltf separate".

apply transforms.png

14. Using OTools, use "Import to .O" mode to create your .o file, it must be called "model.o". For additional command-line options use -skeletondata none. If any of your textures need transparency also add -sortbyalpha. Add your textures to your Textures.fsh file. Pack both of these into your .big file. Test the head in game.

15. The file name for player heads is players/heads/xxx where xxx is the head ID number, passed through the MD5 hash. For example players/heads/9 is 2f91449615878d606939bc5e10fbb528 without .big on the end. https://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php can generate these names.

Attachments

• Template.zip
    789.1 KB · Views: 12
Something I've wanted to do is get these heads working in World League, it turns out Woosah's old editor can do that and it's available to download from the links on this thread: https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/woosahs-rugby-08-editor.48157/

To set it up yourself, install the editor, load your roster in the editor, click "set default" and it should create the .rdf file into your Rugby 08 directory. It appears to have worked but I haven't tested it fully. If you're going to try this I'd recommend backing up your game files first.

I've now got a rdf and roster based on the 22 mod with all the re-assigned heads so far and I've attached it to this post, again this is not fully tested. 73cb... .rdf goes in the game directory, rst_0.ros goes in your documents folder. You will also need to use my custom stadiums from Github for these files to work. https://github.com/jimw546/jimw546-s-Rugby-08-stuff/releases

This will not update existing WL saves, you can instead use Woosah's new editor to edit save files and change the roster manually.

Attachments

• Heads roster and WL.zip
    191.4 KB · Views: 68
Something I've wanted to do is get these heads working in World League, it turns out Woosah's old editor can do that and it's available to download from the links on this thread: https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/woosahs-rugby-08-editor.48157/

To set it up yourself, install the editor, load your roster in the editor, click "set default" and it should create the .rdf file into your Rugby 08 directory. It appears to have worked but I haven't tested it fully. If you're going to try this I'd recommend backing up your game files first.

I've now got a rdf and roster based on the 22 mod with all the re-assigned heads so far and I've attached it to this post, again this is not fully tested. 73cb... .rdf goes in the game directory, rst_0.ros goes in your documents folder. You will also need to use my custom stadiums from Github for these files to work. https://github.com/jimw546/jimw546-s-Rugby-08-stuff/releases

This will not update existing WL saves, you can instead use Woosah's new editor to edit save files and change the roster manually.
Great stuff Jim. So it's just as simple as dropping these files in and world league will work? Or do we still need to do the woosahs editor step first?

Great stuff Jim. So it's just as simple as dropping these files in and world league will work? Or do we still need to do the woosahs editor step first?
The files I've added to the post can be used straight away no tinkering needed. Just keep in mind it's not been thoroughly tested, I've played a couple of matches and been able to verify that some of the heads work, and a new stadium assignment for 1 team has worked. If it's worked for them it should work for all the others.

It should work, just keep in mind that when setting the roster to default multiple times, the rdf might become corrupt.

When this happens just extract the original rdf from data.gob and replace within the woosah editor folder. Then you can set as default again

It should work, just keep in mind that when setting the roster to default multiple times, the rdf might become corrupt.

When this happens just extract the original rdf from data.gob and replace within the woosah editor folder. Then you can set as default again
What roster should i use to get all the faces that has been created so far?

Is this also an updated roster?

Two things I've had to correct from the above WL roster.

First off the old editor didn't carry over any new player skin assignments, so some players had mis-matched head and skin textures, some had gloves on etc. I've fixed this by using the TRF22 rdf to copy over instead of the one from the base game.

Second, I forgot to switch the "team performance" numbers as they are backwards in WL. I've made a new rdf where the teams are now rated 1-4 low-high, with 4 special teams rated 5: Crusaders, Leinster, Saracens, Toulouse.

As before this hasn't been fully tested but these are the only errors I've found and, hopefully, fixed.

Attachments

• 73cb47d1d69c90f28fd1cc4186ac1926.zip
    95.3 KB · Views: 42
Two things I've had to correct from the above WL roster.

First off the old editor didn't carry over any new player skin assignments, so some players had mis-matched head and skin textures, some had gloves on etc. I've fixed this by using the TRF22 rdf to copy over instead of the one from the base game.

Second, I forgot to switch the "team performance" numbers as they are backwards in WL. I've made a new rdf where the teams are now rated 1-4 low-high, with 4 special teams rated 5: Crusaders, Leinster, Saracens, Toulouse.

As before this hasn't been fully tested but these are the only errors I've found and, hopefully, fixed.
I have a windows 11 but everytime i go in display settings to change graphics the game kicks me out😢what can i do to fix it

Latest posts