• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tri Nations: Wallabies - All Blacks @ Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (27-8-2011, 10:05GMT)

Good win for Wallabies (congrats), good second half for the ABs ... I don't think that any in the AB back line should take the blame for the loss, the game was lost upfront by the AB forwards in the first half.

Vito was good when he came on, and Whitelock seem to go okay on the blindside, when he was forced to shift there, when Thomson went off.

Hopefully, having had two wake up calls in as many weeks, the ABs will address the areas they need to address for the RWC.

... any word on the injuries to Read and Thomson?

we were watching a different game. Wallabies could do no wrong while the Allblanks tried cheating as usual with the help of the ref and still lost :p

Everyone, welcome to the reason why people don't like Australians, they're bad winners.

Good win for Wallabies (congrats), good second half for the ABs ... I don't think that any in the AB back line should take the blame for the loss, the game was lost upfront by the AB forwards in the first half.

Vito was good when he came on, and Whitelock seem to go okay on the blindside, when he was forced to shift there, when Thomson went off.

Hopefully, having had two wake up calls in as many weeks, the ABs will address the areas they need to address for the RWC.

... any word on the injuries to Read and Thomson?

Old Man Henry said Thomson had a hyper-extended Elbow, Read was due for some scans (although at the time the commentary team seemed to think it was a high level sprain)- not a good sign.

Really pleased for the bench, they performed really well especially during the circumstances.

Gutted for Kevvie, although can't blame him for missing the two tackles that lead to tries given how much work he did. Just sad that it went through him. Can't expect a World Class hooker to catch a World Class halfback every time...
:(
There are alot of reasons why the AB's didnt perform well, but ultimately the Aussies performed the best in the test match and they deserved it.

Worrying for them Aussies - is what happens if Genia's injured? He should have Carter/McCaw status for the Aussies & the Reds, coz without him they'd be nothing...

Add to that list, Jerome Kaino too... ABs seemed lost in breakdown without him.

Anyway, I still think Australians have to build a monument to their "worst coach" and "first non australian coach" ever.

After changing the team, injecting fresh and young guns, after changing their game-style, made of big structures already became useless 5 years ago, after put together a quite young group (25.4 but with Sharpe 33, Vickerman 32 and Samo 35), he now has started to teach them how to win.

Don't mind what Campo or others' are saying at all.

Everyone, welcome to the reason why people don't like Australians, they're bad winners.
I didn't know that people didn't like us, been all over the world and never met anyone who said your Australian I dont like Australians. Most people just say cool and try and throw a "mate" in their somewhere, so I'm not sure where that comment comes from honestly.

Thanks Radike Samo.

I'm Italian, but I'm a big Oz fan, since I started play rugby and later watching that guy nicknamed "Bernie", playing in n. 10 jersey.

After Bernie retired, I started to admire a bunch of young talented players like Genia, Cooper or Beale, who are younger than me, but now I have a new idol, exactly 9 years older than me (I was born on 9th july too), and that means that I'm still young!!!

Thanks Radike, you gave me hope!!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I definatly agree with you about Vito. I thought he was one of the only players who really showed any desire.

I don't want to say that Guildford had a shocker because it wasn't that clear but he did have a lot of ball (some of it in decent space) and he produced absolutely nothing.

A physically powerful player like Hosea Gear would have punched a few holes (oops, did I just let something slip?)

Told you so and you disagreed last week!

if the world cup squads were announced next week instead of this week, guilford wouldn't be in it

Told you so and you disagreed last week!

If you're refurring to Gear then what I said was that Guildford deserved his spot in the squad over him based on what he had achieved this season (and to a further extent what Hosea failed to achieve)

But Gear is by far the better player, I've always said that.

Last edited:
Quade Cooper has been justifiably cited for deliberate foul play on Richie McCaw. Cooper takes it far too far, in every game you can see him targeting McCaw. Watch these videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3UtO9LXj58&t=1m29s and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCRCZJUrtX4&t=2m24s. When you consider Heaslip got 5 weeks for a similar offence, Cooper should miss the Wallabies opening two world cup games.

As for the game itself, only Vito, Smith and Nonu played well last night. Guildford was terrible as has been said but that isn't too much of a worry when we can just bring in Dagg on the left wing.

That second clip is all McCaw - Cooper got him out of the ruck, rightly or wrongly, then McCaw starts trying to swing for him

Cooper deserves something for being a tw*t all match though, and for that knee too - wasn't as bad as Heaslips, and I bet he argues that it was accidental/he was just getting up, but he well did it on purpose

If he gets banned for that... It's Rugby, it was a soft annoying knee. He's an ass but you can't get banned for that :p.

Good win by the Wallabies who fought fire with fire, particularly in the first half. 15 missed tackles by AB's in first half amazing. AB's scrum was ok and lineout good but around the park the Wallabies were far more formidable at the contest. 2nd half AB's were more composed and almost did it.

Ali Williams had a big impact coming on as did Vito and to a lesser extent Toeava. Nonu and Smith were fantastic. Guildford was dreadful and Thomson just as bad in missing Samo who scored from over half way.

Only saving grace for AB's is they played that bad and still almost won. I think they will have enough incentie now to work hard in next couple of weeks. A loss they maybe needed to have.

Quade Cooper is the biggest embarrassment of a person. How can you Ozzies like him? For starters he isn't even an Aussie then he pulls all sorts of stupid **** on the field like that crap on McCaw, he can never go toe to toe with someone it's always cheap crap off the ball. Add that to the fact he is a house burglar, what a complete ******** of a guy, can;t wait for the day someone gives him a hiding.

Yeah it's great to be there and support your team.......after they won! :lol:

haha i tend not to brag and boast till after the result. helps avoid me looking silly if we lose and with australias extended losing record against NZ, i would say that was pretty smart! ;)

Quade Cooper is the biggest embarrassment of a person. How can you Ozzies like him? For starters he isn't even an Aussie then he pulls all sorts of stupid **** on the field like that crap on McCaw, he can never go toe to toe with someone it's always cheap crap off the ball. Add that to the fact he is a house burglar, what a complete ******** of a guy, can;t wait for the day someone gives him a hiding.

He reminds of Bakkies Botha in a way, the only difference being that at least Botha has the balls to man-up when it counts.

This was Cooper's comment following the game:
"I can't remember any incident. In rugby, bodies are colliding left, right and centre (all the time)."

Last edited:
I thought australias lineout was terrible without sharpey and the scrum only just managed to do their job but struggled. Theyre no where as good as what the media hyped the scrum to be after the SA win. Plenty of room for improvement but the most worrying thing was Australias tendencey to not play for 80 minutes. Even at halftime I didnt feel comfortable with that lead. Against any other time you'd be confident to bring it home but with NZ they need to learn to apply that same pressure through to the end. AB's change of strategy after halftime was brilliant and almost did the trick for them. This is a mental thing Australia has to correct just like the change in attitude helped favour them in the collision contest.
Cant see JOC coming back into the 15. Adam Ashley Cooper was solid defensively on the wing. JOC has always been Corey Janes lil bunny. Might be better off coming off the bench. Wouldnt change too much in the pack but would like to see Kepu and alexander swap over to their proper sides of the front row.
I dont think NZ need to panic. Though I hope Reid and Thompson come good for RWC. I think Cowan should be starting ahead of weepu and Ellis. His abrasiveness will help frustrate genia and is quick and strong enough to cover someone like genia. I think he gets the ball movng much quicker in the backline as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts