• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies vs Barbarians 01/11/2014 Twickenham stadium

That team is going to get slaughtered in their next few tests...

ohh cummins scored against his own country must be awkward for him :D

What an awesome spectacle game - best one I've seen for a wee while.

Oz's best players were on the bench whereas the Barbarians' started the match. McMahon looks very sharp for the Wallabies.

Great game, I was lucky enough to get a free ticket, great feeling amongst the crowd and as the game was very close in scoreline and swapped leads etc the crowd was enthralled with the proceedings.
Most enjoyable. The Wallabies fans were good value.

I was impressed with the hate that English feel against Aussies. They cheered every BaaBaas attack, they shouted each Baa Baas try, even when England is in the field don't feel that atmosphere. Were there many Kiwis at Twickenham?

I was impressed with the hate that English feel against Aussies. They cheered every BaaBaas attack, they shouted each Baa Baas try, even when England is in the field don't feel that atmosphere. Were there many Kiwis at Twickenham?

That's got nothing to do with hating the Aussies, we do that in every Baabaas game... You obviously forget the Baabaas were created and are based in England. The Baabaas are liked in England and most people support them over whoever they are playing.

As for England not getting that response, don't talk such crap. Look at the reaction in the Wales and Ireland games last 6N, it was such a vibrant atmosphere people were commenting on it.

Last edited:
That's got nothing to do with hating the Aussies, we do that in every Baabaas game... You obviously forget the Baabaas were created and are based in England. The Baabaas are liked in England and most people support them over whoever they are playing.

As for England not getting that response, don't talk such crap. Look at the reaction in the Wales and Ireland games last 6N, it was such a vibrant atmosphere people were commenting on it.

I remember a thread created by @ratsapprentice in which he spoke of the lack of atmosphere at Twickenham, I watch ALL England's matches, so I was surprised so much noise in a stadium that wasn't full

This is the thread:

http://www.therugbyforum.com/thread...sphere-(or-lack-thereof)?highlight=Twickenham

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't seem to be a particularly good atmosphere to me...

Twickenham's atmosphere has improved significantly since last year's AI's - it's pretty good now.

Latest posts