• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tri Nations: Wallabies - All Blacks @ Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (27-8-2011, 10:05GMT)

Cooper is KING, Gone with King Carlos and in with King Quade!
It is nice to see that Richie McCaw can get rattled. Just like players targeted Bakkies Botha to put him off his game the Ozzies are targeting McCaw. Brilliant..... this all started in the Super Rugby tourny.

All Black need to put SBW in their starting line-up. Not saying get rid of Nonu but imagine if you had both of them on the field at the same time. OMG! I would put Nonu on the ing where he has experience and SBW at inside centre. Imagine the Carter, SBW combo with Nonu on the outside to finish!

1. Who targets Bakkies? He's just a thug who starts everything. He's like a bigger version of Quade Cooper.
2. It started in Hong Kong last year when Cooper ran across the field after the victory to push McCaw while he was on the ground. He's a coward and an idiot.
3. What has SBW done to impress you so much? He's been invisible in most of his All Blacks games, only really impressing against Scotland last year. He's a good player, but moving Nonu to a position that he hasn't played in around four years (which was never his preferred position) doesn't seem like a good idea at all.

There is no doubt, ever since Hong Kong last year, that Cooper has been deliberately targeting McCaw, pansy slapping him just enough not to get penalised.

Cooper is a gutless mongrel who would not have the courage to go toe-to-toe in a real stouch with McCaw because he would get sat on his arse, so he resort to cowardly crap like knees to the head (and I don't care that the judiciary let him off, they were wrong; it was a wilful and deliberate act on his part).

McCaw as been (as every flanker would) been targetting Cooper because he can be put of his game by stuff like this. Ofcourse Cooper wouldn't win a head to head, but thats not even the cause here lol. Just some normal harrasing the flyhalf just Cooper reacts in a stupid way so everyone sees it.

I think it all started with McCaw kicking Cooper in HK, when Cooper cleared him from a ruck.
After JOC's try he shoved McCaw's head as a little revenge.

And yesterday started with McCaw's elbow twice against Cooper's face and neck (min. 13:29), after he cleared him from a ruck.

It seems that Sir Richie doesn't appreciate when a flyhalf does what's supposed to be a flanker job.

:D

Agreed Genia is brilliant, Cooper is equally brilliant when he wants to be, My only concern with Genia is the constant box kicking tends to get predictable and a few times there last night it went wrong as he got a tad lackadaisical with it and it could have turned much more sour.

Ireland will need a miracle! Cooper's magnetic hands, Genia - on fire.. Samo - reeling back the years. So, a possible defeat by Italy, and a walloping by Oz then. AB's looked great too.

So hows the weather there in NZ?

are you guys starting to loosen those leashes around your necks? because it looks really tight here where I'm sitting...

Please don't swallow something big without chewing properly... you might just, dare I say it again... CHOKE!!

Great game... really good. If that is similar to the final at RWC, Rugby will really boost in numbers.

are you guys starting to loosen those leashes around your necks? because it looks really tight here where I'm sitting...

Please don't swallow something big without chewing properly... you might just, dare I say it again... CHOKE!!

Hang on I think I've got a "funny" button around here somewhere...

Well done to Australia.

totally played the All Blacks of the park in the first half

I think it all started with McCaw kicking Cooper in HK, when Cooper cleared him from a ruck.

Bullshit. This never happened

And yesterday started with McCaw's elbow twice against Cooper's face and neck (min. 13:29), after he cleared him from a ruck.

More bullshit!! Did you actually watch the game? It was the other way around, Cooper was holding him, then he went around the ruck into an offside position to carry on being a ********, and McCaw simply defended himself from what Cooper was doing to him.

Barnes should have penalised Cooper before it got to that stage.

Cooper is a cheap shot artist, nothing more, and he goes MIA when he has to do some real work, like tackling. If you would like to see example of Cooper's cowardice under fire, have a look at 1:06

[/QUOTE]

He actually steps away from Nonu to allow him through, because he doesn't have the guts to tackle him. Its exactly why Robbie Deans hides him in deep cover on defence. You rarely see Cooper defending at 10... it really only happens when he is caught out of position, unable to backpedal quick enough after a couple of quick rucks following a line break.

Last edited by a moderator:
What has SBW done to impress you so much? He's been invisible in most of his All Blacks games, only really impressing against Scotland last year. He's a good player, but moving Nonu to a position that he hasn't played in around four years (which was never his preferred position) doesn't seem like a good idea at all.

SBW was the form inside centre in this years S15. Where was Nonu? Obviously Nonu is going to look good playing along side Carter and the All Black A team. SBW has not been given the chance to start with Carter this year (thank goodness for SA and other countries). When used he was a reserve and the test he did start Colin Slade was Fly Half and Slade had a game to forget....

If NZ do not win this World Cup they have themselves to blame. NOT using their most lethal weapon - SBW!
I believe SBW is a starter not a sub. He is needed more in the first half when the game is tight and and defence is fresh. He has the freakish ability to create gaps outa nothing. Nonu is more effective when the game opens up!

SBW was the form inside centre in this years S15. Where was Nonu? Obviously Nonu is going to look good playing along side Carter and the All Black A team. SBW has not been given the chance to start with Carter this year (thank goodness for SA and other countries). When used he was a reserve and the test he did start Colin Slade was Fly Half and Slade had a game to forget....

If NZ do not win this World Cup they have themselves to blame. NOT using their most lethal weapon - SBW!
I believe SBW is a starter not a sub. He is needed more in the first half when the game is tight and and defence is fresh. He has the freakish ability to create gaps outa nothing. Nonu is more effective when the game opens up!

SBW was the form NZ 12 for the first half of the Super Rugby season, but he faded as the season progressed (partly due to a few mid-season injuries). In contrast Nonu was poor at the start of the season, but was exceptional over the later half of the season - he was clearly the form 12 in the country by the end of the Super Rugby season. SBW is a good player, but in my opinion Nonu and Smith are clearly the best midfield combo in the world - indeed their performance was one of the few bright spot in the AB's display over the weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCRCZJUrtX4&t=2m24s

You're crying for offside? Cooper? He entred from the gate! First elbow strike in Cooper face came when they still were in the ruck!

But mate, whatever you say, McCaw is the cleanest man on the pitch, I'm sure you're right ;)

I'm just saying he (QC) is stupid, he did these disgusting things, but when you (RMcC) are the first one in provoking, expect some as***le deal with you with the same malice.

Tell me what you should do with Ali Williams trick on Ashley-Cooper?

That was a straight yellow!

As it shoud be the one made by Brad Thorn in SuperXV final, that the referee clearly didn't see it, but he blowed the whistle just because of the crowd...

So QC is a public c*nt but Ali Williams doesn't deserved even a mention?

interesting game, really a game of two halves. Aussie starting well and exposing guildford with Genia's kicking game then the All Blacks coming back in awesome fassion but not quite finishing it off. Great win for Aussie, I dont think it has any Bearing on the World cup. Not much between the teams on the day, what has helped Aussie is playing ther first team every game and devaloping combinations. AB's will learn a lot from the game if they don't panic.

Key points in the game for me.

Adam Thompson's missed tackle on Samo, injury or not he should have made it. I can excuse Carter for missing the first but Thomson should have had it. Brilliant run from Samo in the end. Thompson was passenger in the game till he went off. Not the first time that's happened when a game gets physical.

Attacking guildford's wing early in the game really paid off for the Aussies. It wasn't just about guildford having a bad game, Aussie put huge pressure on him. Runners arriving at the perfect time to hit him when he was takcing the ball. This could very much end Guildfords chance of taking part in a knockout game come the finals. Two pretty clear forward passes early in the game that they got away with. Shame we couldn't get the TMO involved :p

I dont know if anyone else has touched on this but I dont understand why carter kicked the ball away with only a couple of mins to go while behind. If the All Blacks were going to win they needed posession but carter kicked it away? With that kicked he kicked away almost any chance the AB's had to fight back and win at the death. I havn't seen people point this out yet but I can only inagine if Donald had done the same think he would have been hung drawn and quatered by the NZ public.

Not all bad for the All Blacks, some good.

Tony woodcock was impressive, big effort. Cleared any doubts over his selection in my opinion. Big suprise to me. only a few weeks ago he looked miles away from being ready. He must have been working very hard behind the scenes.

Owen Franks was impressive too. The AB scrum overall was the stronger unit.

Vito was also impressive. Solid off the bench for read though I think they still missed read's impact on the starts. Good for Him and NZ, always rated him above Thomson and would have had him in my initial squad ahead of Thomson.

The way the All Blacks came back to draw level early in the end half was impressive. and in doing so they may have found a weapon they can use against Aussie in the future.

I think Brad Thorn and Ali Williams need to be the starting lock combination, or Boric needs to be involved. As good as Mealamu is the All Blacks need Hore's workrate and ability to win the ball. I think Hore should take over as starting hooker. Shame but maybe guildford has to go. Toeava or Kahui to get a shot at the left wing. Kaino will come back and if Thomson or Read is injured messam will to, I see Messam as a much safer option than Thomson, if anything you can argue that Thomson lost the bok game with his penalties and lost the Aussie game with his shocking missed tackle - They are the kind of things you just dont see messam do these days since he cleaned his game up.

Weepu wasn't bad, Elis wasn't great though the All Blacks would have been better inteh last 20min with a fired up jimmy Cowan on the field.

All Blacks have a lot of room for improvement though it wont help with Read injured, they also dont have any games before the world cup to test any changes they make. They are going to have to make the changes, use them in the pool games and prove them in the game against france and hope they pay off for the knockout games. But at the end of the day there wasn't much in it, heck if Kaino had started in thomsons place and the game had have been played at eden park then the AB's would have won. But no need to panic as far as the WC goes - the importnat thing to know is that Aussie can strike from anywhere - but they should know that already hehe.

oh and I lost all my vcash..... :mad: was a stupid idea betting it all on one game, though vbetting wasn't up for all the itm cup games I wanted to be on so it's been pointless anyway. With Waikato topping the table I would have made a fair bit I think.

A friend emailed me this report.... so I thought I would share it with you

[TEXTAREA]South and West Auckland Snow Damage

* Auckland Appeal*

Massive snow storms hit Auckland in the morning of 16 August 2011, in particular devastating South and West Auckland suburbs.
Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly, muttering 'Faaackinell'.
The storms devastated the area causing approximately $30 worth of damage.
Three areas of historic burnt out cars were covered.

Many locals were woken well before their morning lattes arrived.
The NZ Herald and the 3 national TV Channels News Departments and 1 local Channel reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered and were still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Auckland - on a Tuesday.

One resident - Tina Ngahuria Kauwhakahaere Aroha Kowhenua Smith Brown, a 15-year-old mother of 4 said 'It was such a shock, my little girls Chardonnay and Crystal-Meth came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Dunhill and Jack Daniels, slept through it all.'

Apparently, drink driving, looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and carried on as normal.
The New Zealand Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 cups of latte to the area to help the stricken locals.
Rescue workers are still searching through the covered vehicles and have located large quantities of personal belongings, including - Community Services Cards, jewellery from The Warehouse, and Bone China from Countdown.

*HOW YOU CAN HELP*

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster.
Clothing is most sought after - items most needed include: flannelette shirts, Fubu jeans or puffer jackets, bandanas (blue in colour, definitely NOT red) jandals and any other items usually sold in South Auckland markets for later in the year when these items will no longer be required .

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.
Required foodstuffs urgently needed include: Fish and Chips, KFC, Baked beans, Ice cream, Chips, Fizzy drinks.

Donations of $22.00 will be taken to buy a packet of Port Royal 30 grams and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

***Breaking news***

South and West Auckland's local Churches have cancelled their services due to the inability of their preachers to drive their 4x4's from Remuera[/TEXTAREA]

OMG, a kick, You are kidding, right!! Well Cooper got a crafty little slipper in first!

You're crying for offside? Cooper? He entred from the gate!

It was a ruck, there is NO GATE at a ruck!!!

There is a gate at a tackle, but entering through the gate only gives you the right to play the BALL, not go around onto the opponents side of the tackle and pansy slap the opposing players.

First elbow strike in Cooper face came when they still were in the ruck!

********, the first strike was an elbow to the throat by Cooper.

So what lol. Its Rugby, I really can't see what all the fuss is about?:S

*One-eyed New Zealand talk*

We all know that McCaw never starts anything because he is too smart for that. Perhaps it is that more players are getting wise at what Richie gets away with and that the way to reduce his impact on the game is it get into his face and annoy him. Either way Cooper is a bit of an ass, but all rugby players need that cockyness if they want to do some of the things he can do on the pitch.

Saw this interesting article about an incident with the match:

Two men dress as Samo; racist?

I
saw these two fellas during the match when the TV cameras panned over the crowd. I do not see how this can be seen as them being racist? It would be if they were shouting and making racist comments against Samo during the match, but they went there to enjoy themselves and celebrate the greatness of SAMO. Political correctness has ruined this world.

Now this is racism

I agree that Hore should start & Mealamu be an impact player, so to Cowan to start and Weepu as impact with Toeava in for Guildford and Dagg for Muliaina. Williams to remain as reserve as his impact off bench was enormous

Saw this interesting article about an incident with the match:

Two men dress as Samo; racist?

I
saw these two fellas during the match when the TV cameras panned over the crowd. I do not see how this can be seen as them being racist? It would be if they were shouting and making racist comments against Samo during the match, but they went there to enjoy themselves and celebrate the greatness of SAMO. Political correctness has ruined this world.

Now this is racism

mate i know, there are so many soft cocks out there *****ing and moaning about anything just to have their organisation heard. I mean what the **** does the Aboriginal Rights group have to do with some footy fans impersonating a Fijian????? Sick of PC people!

P.S Cooper can suck a fat one the arrogant pussy. Man up on D instead of cheap shots

Latest posts