• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tri Nations: Wallabies - All Blacks @ Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (27-8-2011, 10:05GMT)

Well done Reds. They were the better team. NZ were better in the 2nd half, but they need some work, and some tricky selection questions. If Carter has an average or bad game, the AB's lose. Simple as that.

I think the All Blacks can blame their fowards for being ridiculously poor tonight. No passion what so ever.

The good news for the All Blacks is they don't have such a clear "favourites" tag going into the World Cup. Well done Australia, good game.

Quade Cooper will get a good welcome home party thrown for him next week... hopefully the Mongrel Mob is invited.

Well done Reds. They were the better team. NZ were better in the 2nd half, but they need some work, and some tricky selection questions. If Carter has an average or bad game, the AB's lose. Simple as that.

I don't think it's as simple as that. Carter had no ball (decent ball) to work with. He certainly didn't play to his best but no one did.

I didn't think the ref was terrible, but man it looked like he got in the way alot and took his time making some calls.

a game of two halves. The Wallabies played better in defense and had great momentum when they attacked. The AB looked like experimenting new things, at one time I thought there was England playing on the pitch :D

I was gonna say the AB's would've won if Carter was playing, but he was. Some bad calls by him and a pretty average performance from every AB's player. Good game by the Aussies but they should be concerned about how they can drop off the pace of the game so badly for 20mins.

In some ways this is a better thing to happen to the AB's prior to the World Cup than the wins that usually accompany their build up. Now they will have harsh reality drummed into them and will have a little more of what they need to win the cup. Healthy fear of your opposition and awareness of the concept of loss.

Bloody terrible first half really cost us there. Guildford looked completely inept and shouldn't feature in another serious AB's game this year, he was too small, handled terribly and just looked flat. Thomson's tackle attempt on Samo was pathetic too, but his elbow injury might have hampered him there to be fair and Samo has crazy pace. Several players just lacked energy/punch, stuff this rotation ********, even for just one game, we need the core of our starting XV starting every game from now on.

On the plus side Vito was excellent, looked like he belonged in the team and was evidently very comfortable at this level. Nonu and Smith are legendary the SBW crew can bugger off if they're unhappy he's not playing as far as I care, we've already got three world class midfielders without him. Williams looked a lot better this week, as did Whitelock, and I also think Woodcock is getting back to his best.

I won't pretend it's not a blow to lose here, while it certainly would have been worse for the Wallabies if they lost this isn't the best form to go into a world cup on, hopefully we can build momentum through the pool games in the WC including against France and keep our best players out there every week. Having said that though I think it's far from a foregone conclusion that the Ab's will have to play the Wallabies if they get through to the later WC stages, anything can happen in that tournament.

Also on Barnes, thought he was pretty good for the first 70 odd minutes actually but I thought he made a couple of shockers late on, could just be me grasping at straws though :p.

Last edited:
Well the ABs won the tri nations in 99, 03 and 07 and went onto to choke in the world cup so maybe we are trying something different this time <_< .

Positives, I thought Vito had a pretty good game. He was one of the few players who got us over the advantage line. I don't think the forwards are to blame either. The only time we looked good was when the forward kept the ball and built pressure.

Congratz wallabies definitely the better team on the day.

Have no idea what problem Quade Cooper has with McCaw, he keeps taking cheap pot shots at him. Such a twit.

Bloody terrible first half really cost us there. Guildford looked completely inept and shouldn't feature in another serious AB's game this year, he was too small, handled terribly and just looked flat. Thomson's tackle attempt on Samo was pathetic too, but his elbow injury might have hampered him there to be fair and Samo has crazy pace. Several players just lacked energy/punch, stuff this rotation ********, even for just one game, we need the core of our starting XV starting every game from now on.

On the plus side Vito was excellent, looked like he belonged in the team and was evidently very comfortable at this level. Nonu and Smith are legendary the SBW crew can bugger off if they're unhappy he's not playing as far as I care, we've already got three world class midfielders without him. Williams looked a lot better this week, as did Whitelock, and I also think Woodcock is getting back to his best.

I won't pretend it's not a blow to lose here, while it certainly would have been worse for the Wallabies if they lost this isn't the best form to go into a world cup on, hopefully we can build momentum through the pool games in the WC including against France and keep our best players out there every week.

Also on Barnes, thought he was pretty good for the first 70 odd minutes actually but I thought he made a couple of shockers late on, could just be me grasping at straws though :p.

I definatly agree with you about Vito. I thought he was one of the only players who really showed any desire.

I don't want to say that Guildford had a shocker because it wasn't that clear but he did have a lot of ball (some of it in decent space) and he produced absolutely nothing.

A physically powerful player like Hosea Gear would have punched a few holes (oops, did I just let something slip?)

i think quade and richie always had a problem with each other, a tale of two halves could have gone either way i think.

I think it's McCaw trying to put Cooper off, he's been doing it for the last couple of games.

Have no idea what problem Quade Cooper has with McCaw, he keeps taking cheap pot shots at him. Such a twit.

Yeah wtf is up with that, so bloody petty and pathetic, does he actually think he'd come out alive if Richie took a swing at him, I have my doubts... but Richie's bigger than that of course :).

i think quade and richie always had a problem with each other, a tale of two halves could have gone either way i think.
Aye - I think Richie started it this match (when Quade cleared him out of ruck he started shoving Cooper around) but then Quade just kept on at him, by the end I was thinking "JUST DECK THE PR**K", McCaw must have the patience of a saint :lol:

Latest posts