• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

UFC 2009

This game come out on 22nd in NZ, Ill be ordering it and will have it here in Japan about a week after that.

Is anyone on here going to play online for PS3? As it stands if someone quits on you in this game you dont get a win, so everytime you get the upper hand the other guy just quits, its pathetic.

So If anyone on here is interested in some scraps with no quits let me know!

Got this game last night and played it all night
Its good but not great
I like the different options in biffing, but I find career a bit of a bore….
All the fights look and feel the same â€" I should be able to tell the significance of the fight in the lead up and the ambience etc, but the ring is always the same, and so is the crowd.

Don’t get me wrong its prolly in the top 3 fighting games, its actually very good, but doesn’t have that killer polish for me….maybe u gotto be a UFC nut in real life

I will keep this until fight night arrives, I have always loved fight night, and whilst UFC is certainly a nice change, its not better than fight night, IMO

I haven’t played online, but from what I can tell, the different fighting styles are nullified by the power of the grapple and ground game, and once mastered all online games will just turn into a wrestling fest which can be boring

Like how everyone in FIFA uses Barca online…everyone online in UFC will use a wrestler and will commit to nothing but grapples and submissions.

I am more of a blood bruises man throwing haymakers…..see you in the blue corner

As a massive MMA nut, I'll be getting this tonight and playing the **** out of it.

Well, after I go get drunk.

I wonder how the grappling system will stack against that fo the old PRIDE FC game?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hinch @ May 22 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I wonder how the grappling system will stack against that fo the old PRIDE FC game?[/b]

It's a very clever system of precision-control using the right-thumb stick. It is a sublime control system in all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 22 2009, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hinch @ May 22 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder how the grappling system will stack against that fo the old PRIDE FC game?[/b]

It's a very clever system of precision-control using the right-thumb stick. It is a sublime control system in all.
[/b][/quote]

So I'm going to be spinning the little bugger until I blister?

I'm alright with that.

I've bought this myself (PS3) and am having a lot of fun with it, the online is ok apart from the lag and constant disconnectors when they're losing

They are going to patch the quitting problem which is good. My copy will arrive this saturday I think, and ill be getting online for some biffo and would like to fight guys who dont quit if anyone heres interested. Ranked or unranked, both is fine by me. Because theres no 3 count hopefully lag wow play as big a part as it did in LOW.

the lag is horrendous it makes u wonder if they knew of it, and just said, 'we'll fix it later'

farkwits!!

I finally got this game and am loving it....career mode and online. The lag can be bad but it seems to depend on connection of who your playing as ive had bad lag and also no lag.

If anyone is keen for a non ranked match then add me (cccjjjaaayyy) Im currently 21-8-0 online but you cant invite friends to ranked matches so it has to be unranked. I tend to choose boxer/wrestler and like to standup or ground and pound if need be. Great fun.

The trick to winning online is mastering your ground game while not gassing your fighter - Neither of which I've managed yet. :(

Thought I'd add a little 'tip' for career mode... for other people who did not read the manual or the career mode tutorial.

Those training camps you get offered? I thought just accepting them was doing something, but once you accept, a little octagon icon appears on your calendar in the week when it's taking place, so you have to select 'Action' on that week to actually attend the camp to complete challenges and go up levels in your art of choice.

Again, probably me being a fool, but thought I'd add it in case anyone else had been missing out :blush:

lol, I missed my first year of training camps because of that.

Im now 64-14-0 online and am having trouble finding guys to fight me. Anyone else from here playing onlline? Whats your record and favourite weight class/fighter? I switched from ***o to Dan henderson for a little extra standup power.

Thats it, :ranting: I declare myself the TRF ufc ps3 Champion. :bana: If no one calls me out then Ill go ahead and name myself the Undisputed and 'greatest of all time' TRF ufc champ. :bravo:

Ive always wanted to be the best at something here on TRF (other than killing threads) :ph34r:

Hopefully there will be a little more interest when it comes to FNR4!

FNR4 has just blown my load from the demo
UFC will be traded in for it
i am more of a boxing man, in UFC all i did was stand and box, so it makes sense to trade it in

Im always use boxer/wrestlers, I love to stand up but thats just one aspect. Online and on expert difficulty stand up alone wont cut it. I like MMA and like boxing and will own both of these. I think fight night will be better, but as of right now this is the best fighting game ive ever played.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 5 2009, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i am more of a boxing man, in UFC all i did was stand and box, so it makes sense to trade it in[/b]

If I played you one-on-one, I'd take it to the ground and kill you! =-D

agreed this game is gem,
i compare these 2 like union to league, so close and both dominate when needed
i'll play the ball, like a left hook, instead of pick n roll

The tactic I'm enjoying at the moment (remembering I chose kickboxing and BJJ as my 2 arts) is to take it to the ground with a Shoot from the start, work the body and head from inside the guard/side control positions then let them up once they're gassed out. By the time the second round comes along, a few well timed kicks to the head will normally do the job.

Im level 93 and hope to make level 100 this weekend, at which point I can retire as the undisputed champion!!!

Its been a hard slog with all the quitters, but I must say that despite its flaws I havent stopped playing and enjoying this game. When Im sick of online i play career and vice versa. If a patch comes out and resets our records Ill be more than happy to start again!