• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

UFC 2009

I finally made level 100........

It took me 373 fights, with a record of 282 wins 90 losses and 1 draw.

226 ko 35 tko 19 submissions and 2 decisions.

Now Im retiring until the patch comes out......unless of course, someone wants to challenge my ***le!

Managed to get this a couple of days after it came out. Loving it. The lag is crap tho. Got my online fighter to an overall rating of 97 and will be tryin to better that. My offensive striking is 115 :) and all round good on other stats. I'm not the best at it mind lol

Let me know if you want to challenge me for the ***le. Your the number 1 contender.

Yeh deffo up for it Ceejay, my PS username is Ruff4548

The only thing I don't like about the game is the horrible lag and for me it's bad even tho I have 8mb connection. My CAF has got good clinch defense yet I can get locked in a standing clinch and nothing works to get out of it I'm tryin to throw punches but nothing shows and I end up getting knocked out from really silly shite. Are they patching this anytime soon because at the moment it has to be the worst online lag of any game. Have no idea how you got to lvl 100 but congrats. I'm level 15 lol but only because I can only put up with so much lag before wacking it back on single player.

Another problem I've had is I was using a submission CAF a little while ago but many times when I got into an advantageous position and nearly submitted the opposition (sometimes getting the tap out) my connection would drop. At first I was thinking this was deliberate cheating on the other players behalf but oddly a few fights later I was being put into submission and losing and it would also drop the connection. Did up bit of reading up on this and it seems many people have had the same problem. Now I use a standup CAF with some ground n pound and he seems to work OK but I'm 4 submissions short of getting the 15 subs trophy but I never try for it just in case I get discoed.

Lag rant over and look forward to having a fight with ya Ceejay. The TRF World Championship match. I noticed Mite was on last night and sent invite but he musta not seen it till late and when he sent back invites I was AFP at the time.

To get out of the clinch you have four options. Punch, kick, couter or pull back.

Pulling back on the stick works bt you have to take a shot or two.

Punching when their stamina is low works, but otherwise not so well.

Kicking their legs works well, it seems if you can land two strikes, youll break out.

Counter works best against boxers but is near impossible against Muay Thai.

Against Muay Thai you can block until there stamina is low. Then its easier to break out. Also you can just wait.....often when their stamina is low theyll will get worried and break the clinch at which point you can take them down and go for a quick sub or clinch and flying armbar if your a BJJ fighter.