• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Uli's Rugby 08 Mod Thread

Uli,

Great works as usual. Is there anychance of putting up your Canterbury template on the forum?? There is a Rugby League team that have Canterbury as their kit.

Many Thanks

Jeff

I hope this is the checklist.

Fiji - DONE

Samoa - DONE

Tonga - DONE

Japan - DONE

Namibia - DONE

Romania - DONE

Georgia - DONE

Argentina - DONE

Wales - DONE

WC Referees - DONE

Portugal - DONE

United States - To do

Am I right?

That's right. I'm doing theminikits for all the kits i've done. And i'll make USA this week. Then i can correct some licenced kits like South Africa (it need CCC panels and straight config) for example. I would like to make faces later but it's too hard because the 3d models. I knew that Ross was doing a program to replace faces with new files. But he is inactive now i think, at least his thread.
Cheers!

Nani Corleto face preview:

Thanks to Ciais! And the boys of PlanetCricket! They have awesome faces models for OEdit that we can use to create great player faces. When i can i'll try to make a tutorial but my english it's very limited. Here is a preview of Ignacio Corleto face.

But in the game there is a bug:

I don' know why. Maybe because cricket game faces are a different 3dmodel than Rugby 08. But when i played another match the bug gone:

Anyway there is great news for me. The problem is that by the moment we only can replace faces using unused player face files and ID's, so there is a limited number.I would like to know how to replace a face with a new file like the cricket guys does, they have an editor for this. It would be nice if anybody with programing knowedge create an editing program for this.
Anyone can do it? Whoosa?

Hey Uli Im back but will only be doing faces come the new year.My external hard drive crashed and I lost all my work!

I also asked the people from planet cricket for some help and they gave me a tutorial, but its of no use for rugby cause cricket and rugby's o-models aint the same and if you try to import cricket o-models into rugby you get the bug like you've found out.

As for the editor, I asked barmyarmy of planet cricket(king wilko on TRF) for some help and he said he needs the .gob file for rugby b4 he can do anything.He also said woosaah could help cause the 2 of them made the .tmt editor for woosaah's 08 editor.So maybe if they get time hopefuly they could make the editor.

Nice Corleto face by the way!keep up the great work mate

uli i know how put the blue shirt of the pumas and were put, i dont know if can do, but if you cant put the blue shirt like argentina" A " and delete the barbarians like example i can send you the list of the argentinan player but the stats i dont have any idea ... well... thats my idea what you think and for the first kit forr argentina "a" LA CELESTE Y BLANCA BUT whit the puma no the shield of the uar well thats an idea
bye

Hey Uli Im back but will only be doing faces come the new year.My external hard drive crashed and I lost all my work!

I also asked the people from planet cricket for some help and they gave me a tutorial, but its of no use for rugby cause cricket and rugby's o-models aint the same and if you try to import cricket o-models into rugby you get the bug like you've found out.

As for the editor, I asked barmyarmy of planet cricket(king wilko on TRF) for some help and he said he needs the .gob file for rugby b4 he can do anything.He also said woosaah could help cause the 2 of them made the .tmt editor for woosaah's 08 editor.So maybe if they get time hopefuly they could make the editor.

Nice Corleto face by the way!keep up the great work mate
[/b]

Hi Ross it's great to have you here again! I see that we have bad luck with our computers. I also had problems but with the motherboard.
So the models are different. That's what i thought :wall: . Rugby 3d models are quite simple, what a crap. Make new faces it's impossible because the face models of Rugby doesn't work whit the textures and the UV map editor of OEdit. There must be a way to fix the bug. What do you think?
It would has no sense to make an editor to assign new faces if we can't make new faces!
There must be a way to make work Rugby 3d models with OEditor texture manager. But i have no idea of programming.
Well... I'll have to make kits only! :wah:

I've found a way to use textures with OEditor on Rugby faces o-models. I've created a bigger texture with the face texture in a concrete possition. So the texture matchs with the model. Like this:

So when you put the face texture in OEdit there it's ok:

Then you can edit the polygons:

It's harder with the UV map editor because the points shows very little.

Try it Ross and tell me what you think. It would be great if you or somebody in the forum search all the face models and make a list or a compilation in a .rar like PlanetCricket guys did it. So we could use that models to make new faces with players face textures.
What do you think about it???

Hey Uli thats great news!But could you pls pm me and tell me what you did exactly to get the textures and o-model to work!

Thanks
Ross

Don't want to sound like a moany bar-steward here....but Fa'atau...all you've done is take the Scotland kits I released...changed the colour on them and replaced the logo. It's not really 'your' template is it? I mean, by all means use the kit as a guide/reference/template...but ask first and at least have the decency to give credit where it's due. Just ask before you use other people's work. I'm not going to say no, am I? Just that it's polite...that's all.

I haven't taken credit for anyone's work, edinburgh_gunner. It's all in the readme for the patch i released with everyone's kits. I give full credit to other modders. I am not in the business of ripping off people's work and calling it my own.

You haven't been around to ask anything.. fair enough.. so i went ahead and did what i wanted until you came back, which was looking uncertain.

I didn't actually say it was my template did i, or my own work.

No but I've not seen any credit for the fact it was my canterbury template you used.

The reason why i'm a little touchy over this is that I also do mods for Pro Evo and there's alot of plagerism going on in that and it's just bloody annoying more than anything else so i don't want it to happen here.

I can assure you i am not like that and i never take credit for anyone elses work. I fully apologise if you feel offended or your work has been abused.

It has been very quiet around here so i have had to do my own kits and graphics to compensate for so many modders being quiet. It is inevitable we will step on each others toes at some stage.

Whatever kits you do are welcome to be used in the MegaUpdatePatch.

I would appreciate a Dragons away more than a Dragons home as i have already made the home kit. If we all agree to make the kits that need doing, then there won't be any arguments.

Uli
Me podes hacer la cara de Andrew Trimble?
[/b]

En estos momentos estoy terminando de hacer unas camisetas para el MegaUpdate Patch. Una vez que termine esto mi idea es hace las caras de los Pumas en la medida en que sea posible, ya que el motor grafico del Rugby 08 no es de lo mejor, por lo tanto es bastante dificil hacer caras. Una vez que la tenga mas o menos clara voy a empezar a hacer mas caras.
Saludos! Y muy linda la modelo de tu firma, no la tenia! Jaja